Propaganda and the weather channel

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I don't know about y'all but I turn on the weather channel to find out what the weather will be in my neck of the woods not to watch inane celebrations of "Earth Day". When did the weather people decide that they should be propaganda sources for the "THEORY" of man made global warming? Half of the time you see useless shots of yesterday's weather that somebody videoed on their cell phone while I'm trying to figure out if I should cover my plants over night.

I don't know about y'all but I turn on the weather channel to find out what the weather will be in my neck of the woods not to watch inane celebrations of "Earth Day". When did the weather people decide that they should be propaganda sources for the "THEORY" of man made global warming? Half of the time you see useless shots of yesterday's weather that somebody videoed on their cell phone while I'm trying to figure out if I should cover my plants over night.
If you want to know what the weather is actually doing, look outside then check your phone for the temperature. These idiot meteorology hacks think they maintain some level of importance in the Dim hierarchy and are wrong half the time when they actually try to predict the weather.

You can get the weather in your local area just by clicking on a number of weather websites.
Running a television network requires money. Which requires advertisers. No one is going to
pony up any advertising money for a station that only broadcasts the info about the weather in your
neck of the woods. It's all about original programming. Why do you think MTV stopped showing music
vids only?.....answer, original programming to keep the interest.

If you don't like the "propaganda", don't turn it on.

Climate change is real. Its affect on our weather has been stark in the last two decades. No matter how much you'd like to deny it.

I think you're confusing propaganda with commercial advertising ... "Look how much damn snow fell here ... you could be next ... go now and buy the new Ford F-150 truck with the snow-plow attachment or you'll be sorry" ... they have a financial reason to present the forecasts as pure fact, a sure thing ... any doubt and they'll lose advertising dollars ...

The was a fella on an local TV station who would always give the four and five day forecasts as exactly what the farmers wanted ... if things were running dry, he'd forecast rain; if thing were wet, he'd forecast dry ... this gives the farmers a warm fuzzy feeling inside as the broadcast fades into a commercial from Dave's Feed and Seed, "best deal in the tri-county area" ...

... accept no substitutes ... tax-payer funded, they will say they don't know what the weather will be without risk of losing their pay ...

ETA: Fucking screwball parser ... http[semi-colon]//weather[dot]gov ...

You can get the weather in your local area just by clicking on a number of weather websites.
Running a television network requires money. Which requires advertisers. No one is going to
pony up any advertising money for a station that only broadcasts the info about the weather in your
neck of the woods. It's all about original programming. Why do you think MTV stopped showing music
vids only?.....answer, original programming to keep the interest.

If you don't like the "propaganda", don't turn it on.

Climate change is real. Its affect on our weather has been stark in the last two decades. No matter how much you'd like to deny it.
Don't turn on the weather channel for the weather forecast? That's great advice.

The general problem is that The Weather Channel rarely talks about weather any more. They're usually broadcasting shows about Canadian tow truck operators.
Apparently the weather people work strictly 9-5 and if you need to find out the weather on weekends you are out of luck unless you want to see Canadian tow trucks pull people out of snow banks.

Forum List

Back