Progressivism fails the people and the planet once again

Those idiots have been a part of two of America’s, and the worlds, greatest and most prosperous cities.

True, but those idiots apparently haven't contributed their fair share. Doesn't L.A. have a huge homeless problem, with S.F. probably not too far behind, doesn't the State have a huge number of homeless and a sizable poverty problem. But what the heck, maybe those idiots feel white roads is just what the homeless people need.
Yes both cities have homeless problems. I believe most if not all cities have homeless problems and let’s be honest, if you’re gonna live on the streets your gonna want to be in Cali where there is virtually no winter.

Still doesn’t take away from the massive successes and progress that has blossomed out of both those cities.

Great, so there have been successes in both of these cities. Can't imagine any success of any size is worth pissing away $40,000/mile over addressing the homeless...especially since democrats/liberals continue to claim they're all for helping the little guy.
I agree, they should focus on the homeless problem in LA. Do you think it should demand 100% of the budget?

100% of the budget? 100% of whatever they plan on spending to paint the road. An alternative is spend 50% on the homeless, 50% on fixing the damn roads.
Huh? My point is, it’s a bunk argument to say don’t spend money on the roads because there is a homeless problem. There are budgets for both.

True, but those idiots apparently haven't contributed their fair share. Doesn't L.A. have a huge homeless problem, with S.F. probably not too far behind, doesn't the State have a huge number of homeless and a sizable poverty problem. But what the heck, maybe those idiots feel white roads is just what the homeless people need.
Yes both cities have homeless problems. I believe most if not all cities have homeless problems and let’s be honest, if you’re gonna live on the streets your gonna want to be in Cali where there is virtually no winter.

Still doesn’t take away from the massive successes and progress that has blossomed out of both those cities.

Great, so there have been successes in both of these cities. Can't imagine any success of any size is worth pissing away $40,000/mile over addressing the homeless...especially since democrats/liberals continue to claim they're all for helping the little guy.
I agree, they should focus on the homeless problem in LA. Do you think it should demand 100% of the budget?

100% of the budget? 100% of whatever they plan on spending to paint the road. An alternative is spend 50% on the homeless, 50% on fixing the damn roads.
Huh? My point is, it’s a bunk argument to say don’t spend money on the roads because there is a homeless problem. There are budgets for both.

There actually may be budgets for both. And the budget for painting the roads had to take money from a different budget. Painting the road, I feel, is a huge waste...especially when you consider the crap roads, they don't seem to have a budget for fixing the roads but they have a budget for painting the road white, WTF?

There actually may be budgets for both. And the budget for painting the roads had to take money from a different budget. Painting the road, I feel, is a huge waste...especially when you consider the crap roads, they don't seem to have a budget for fixing the roads but they have a budget for painting the road white, WTF?
We’d probably have to be part of the city planning meetings and see what was in their budget and review the details of what they were spending money on. Btw. They aren’t just painting the streets white they are coating the streets with a product called CoolSeal which was originally developed by the military and used to cover our spy aircraft to keep them cool and hide them from radar.

We’d probably have to be part of the city planning meetings and see what was in their budget and review the details of what they were spending money on. Btw. They aren’t just painting the streets white they are coating the streets with a product called CoolSeal which was originally developed by the military and used to cover our spy aircraft to keep them cool and hide them from radar.

Not sure if you live in the area, but in Southern California the standard practice seems to be wait for a road to get resurfaced, then let the utility companies come in to dig up streets for their repairs. So, not sure how much planning actually goes on in city planning meetings.

Not sure if you live in the area, but in Southern California the standard practice seems to be wait for a road to get resurfaced, then let the utility companies come in to dig up streets for their repairs. So, not sure how much planning actually goes on in city planning meetings.
I Spent about 10 years in SoCal but can’t say I paid much attention to that stuff. Sounds like a clusterfuck

I Spent about 10 years in SoCal but can’t say I paid much attention to that stuff. Sounds like a clusterfuck

Just one of the dozen or so reasons I'm looking to bail.

Go to Texas... it’s a great place to live!

I've visited Texas many times on business...way too flat.

I lived in Austin for 5 years. One of the best cities in the world

You've been there for 5 years, or moved after 5 years? How far away are any mountains....hills don't count.

You've been there for 5 years, or moved after 5 years? How far away are any mountains....hills don't count.
I lived there from 2009-2014 still own a house there and visit many times a year. It’s getting crowded now though. Lost of hills and water and great people and affordable houses. No mountains though. Maybe Portland or Denver is more your speed if you like mountains

This is the type of extreme absurdity that could only come from the left. The company themselves admits that the product only results in a 10° to 15° cooler surface temperature. And statistics show that the pavement will reach temperatures of 150°. So at best, you’re only going to reduce pavement temperatures to 135° (still scorching) at a staggering cost of $40,000 per mile.
Dark-colored or black asphalt absorbs between 80% and 95% of the sun's rays, heating up LA's streets up to 150 degrees F. The light-coated streets, on the other hand, reflect much more of the sun's rays and are an average of 10 to 15 degrees F cooler than regular asphalt streets.

While the coatings last for seven years, they are expensive, costing about $40,000 per mile.
Now, pavement that never sees direct sun due to shade provided by trees is considerably cooler than 10° - 15°. Trees provide that shade at a cost less than $40,000 per mile and they last exponentially longer than 7 years. Plus, they have the added ecological benefit of giving off oxygen and providing shelter for wildlife. Finally, when their “life” is over, they can be used for heating or paper.

Los Angeles is spending $40,000 per mile to paint streets white — and it could have a surprising ripple effect on the city

More trees, then.
Less whining.

BTW P@triot CA lost millions of acres of natural Redwood forests and ecosystems by a govt taxfunded bailout of MAXXAM corp. to the tune of over 1.6 billion if you include interest. A corporate raider funded a hostile takeover of Pacific Lumber, and gutted the company assets including worker pensions in order to bleed all capital out and crash the company. the land was paid for by taxpayers but allowed to be shuffled between corporations that gutted it.

So how much will it cost to replace all those trees, when you can't replace a natural wilderness ecosystem destroyed by corporate welfare?

This is CA, and what should have been preserved as a national forest park and landmark. As long as left and right are divided, and don't go after corruption and reimbursement for wrongdoing at public expense, the real crooks get away with rooking taxpayers right under our noses.

The progressive false narrative:
We love people. We have a deep humanitarian spirit. All we want is love for everyone and equality for all
The progressive reality:
Get the fuck away from me, you filthy homeless animals. Stay away from me and stay away from my community. I cannot have you showing up in the background of my selfies on Facebook. Eat shit and die you worthless creatures

California residents in affluent cities don’t want the homeless housed in their neighborhoods

Fleeing is rather dramatic, don’t ya think?
Not at all. Businesses and citizens are literally “fleeing” California.

Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers
Fleeing is a word that is commonly used to describe running from danger. I don’t care, I’m not here to play word games. Call it fleeing if you want, I’ll call you a drama queen and we can both be happy.

Fleeing is the proper word. In addition to the incredible taxes, people are fleeing cities who cater to the homeless, luring them in with drugs and a relatively comfortable life creating havoc for the people who are paying through the nose to live there.

California doesn't have money for either and now the financing for their "imaginary" high-speed railroad is under investigation.

California%20Debt-M.jpg

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers
Fleeing is a word that is commonly used to describe running from danger. I don’t care, I’m not here to play word games. Call it fleeing if you want, I’ll call you a drama queen and we can both be happy.

Fleeing is the proper word. In addition to the incredible taxes, people are fleeing cities who cater to the homeless, luring them in with drugs and a relatively comfortable life creating havoc for the people who are paying through the nose to live there.
Really? Which cities?

Really? Which cities?

Really? You're being facetious, right?

Really? Which cities?

Really? You're being facetious, right?
No. How about The Bay Area? SF and SJ. Shall we look at those?

Forum List

Back