Pro-choicers: What would you say if you met an abortion survivor?

The only right we want to give the innocent child is the right not to be murdered in cold blood for no better reason than that his very existence is an inconvenience to someone else.

Who has advocated denying this right to the child's mother? The only “right” that we want to deny the mother is the “right” to murder her own child.

Except you are forcing her to carry a fetus for nine months, with all the related health related effects, including bone loss, bladder and urinary changes, etc. Women who WANT babies are happy to endure these things. Women who don't, not so much.

Again, if life is that important, then I think we should be able to extract blood, bone marrow and even kidneys from people.. because hey, life is that important. You've got a spare kidney, Bob, I think you need to give that sucker up. Come to think of it, with all that Mormon Clean Living, you guys would make awesome organ donors.

You keep making that argument, and it's bullshit.

We don't investigate deaths from apparent natural causes, unless there is some indication that foul play was involved, and we don't prosecute women for child abuse for smoking around their children.

Well, we don't yet... because fetuses aren't legally seen as people.

Although I've already cited the cases of Purvi Patel and Bei-Bei Shau, who were prosecuted for having miscarriages.

So Riddle Me This, how do you tell a "natural" miscarriage from an induced one? Well, you investigate. And if the cop decides he doesn't like her attitude, he can put her in her place. So what it if involves invasive medical procedures and a lack of medical privacy.. we're saving THE BABIES!!!!!

Except you are forcing her to carry a fetus for nine months, with all the related health related effects, including bone loss, bladder and urinary changes, etc. Women who WANT babies are happy to endure these things. Women who don't, not so much.

Again, if life is that important, then I think we should be able to extract blood, bone marrow and even kidneys from people.. because hey, life is that important. You've got a spare kidney, Bob, I think you need to give that sucker up. Come to think of it, with all that Mormon Clean Living, you guys would make awesome organ donors.

Well, we don't yet... because fetuses aren't legally seen as people.

Although I've already cited the cases of Purvi Patel and Bei-Bei Shau, who were prosecuted for having miscarriages.

So Riddle Me This, how do you tell a "natural" miscarriage from an induced one? Well, you investigate. And if the cop decides he doesn't like her attitude, he can put her in her place. So what it if involves invasive medical procedures and a lack of medical privacy.. we're saving THE BABIES!!!!!
You and Adolf have this in common. Hitler said non-Aryans weren't persons either. Sick murderer!

Pro-choicers: What would you say if you met an abortion survivor?

I would strike up conversation by asking their thoughts on climate change, and explain my belief that over population by humans is the true driving force behind climate change, due to reduced global foliage caused by clearing land to build human infrastructure.

I would strike up conversation by asking their thoughts on climate change, and explain my belief that over population by humans is the true driving force behind climate change, due to reduced global foliage caused by clearing land to build human infrastructure.
And yet, here you are, irresponsibly existing.

Oh, right, it's up to other people to do the right thing, isn't it?

People who are slated to die in abortions, sometimes end up living and being born and growing up. Obviously, this is pretty rare, like when a hanging rope breaks, or an electric chair shorts out. But it happens, and there is at least one website founded by them:

View attachment 647724

One abortion survivor is Shelley Thornton, formerly known as "Baby Roe," the biological daughter of "Jane Roe," the nominal litigant in the case of Roe v. Wade. "Roe" was purportedly denied the chance to abort Shelley by the now unconstitutional Texas law restricting abortions. So, Shelley is more a political abortion survivor than a survivor of a botched abortion.

She seems to be living a good, if unremarkable life. She's happy, but she isn't saving the world, so it isn't that kind of story. She's just an ordinary woman living her part of the American dream. She is doing that because the Texas law stopped her from being killed in the womb.

What would you say to her, if you met her?

I mean, what could you say? "Uh . . . I still wish you were dead, though." would have to be your only honest response, would it not? Or am I missing something?
I would ask if they needed help with their wheelchair and the name of their mother.

In every so called pro-life thread I catch, I will note that most who pretend to be pro-life are not.
So are you saying everyone that is pro life down deep favor your opinion to kill the young and helpless? Good point so when ever debating from now on I will just accused the other party as being a baby killer leaving me to feel morally right, and a much superiors piece of useless shit?

Well dumbass, I ain't a lefty. So you think there are long lists of babies waiting to die? Lol, most people just decide they don't want the kid and kill it. They don't keep lists.
Actually, yes you are a lefty. An anti-gun, pro-gun-control, follow the government, the-government's-always-right-because-some-guy-in-a-black-robe-said-so kind of lefty sheep.

Fetuses aren't people.

And giving a fetus more rights than the woman it is inside is taking rights away from the woman.

You'd have to investigate every miscarriage as a potential homicide.
You'd be able to charge women with child abuse for smoking, having a sip of whine, or eating the wrong foods during pregnancy

You people didn't think this through at all.
Having laws is such a pain in the ass, such a burden to enforce them. If we thought it through we'd just all be anarchists, huh?

You remind me of something I saw on a late night talk show, by this weird conservative dude.

He had, as guest, an anti-tobacco activist who had produced a commercial showing an animation of an unborn baby smoking a cigarette. The point being, that when a pregnant woman smokes, she is forcing her unborn baby to smoke also. The host asked the guest, "are you pro-life, or pro-choice?" The guest said "Pro-choice." The host said, "then you are a hypocrite."

Not every law restricting abortion states that the "fetus," is a human being, though that is a scientific fact. The specific medical procedure of abortion could be banned without those horrible child abuse charges for unhealthy habits during pregnancy that you imagine.

Just like it is against the law to kill your newborn baby, but not against the law to smoke around it.
Why can't it be against the law to smoke while pregnant? Plenty of mothers have been charged with crimes when their babies are born addicted to illegal drugs so there's precedence for charging them with what they do to the baby during pregnancy.

There are limits to what is reasonable to ban and enforce but there is plenty of room for the States to ban the flat out reckless things - alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs or any prescription drug not prescribed or any drug taken outside of the labeled or prescribed instructions.

Voluntary participation in a medically supervised rehab or addiction program ahead of arrest could be a reason to get probation over imprisonment.

Given that we had made the decision to fight the Japanese until they surrendered, the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombing no doubt saved more lives than they took. I'd say more Japanese would have died in a suicidal defense of the mainland.

That is just a lie.
We did NOT defeat the Japanese with the nuclear bombs, and they had NOTHING at all to do with their surrender.
In fact, we killed more in each conventional bombing of large cities like Tokyo.

We know what caused the Japanese to surrender was the mining of the Sea of Japan, between Japan in China, that cut off all the imports from the mainland.
We know the Japanese were starving to death, because we know they were trying to surrender, through the Russian ambassador, for over a year.
The reality is that we would not let them surrender, until AFTER we had used them to test the 2 bombs we had made, one uranium and one plutonium, so we could see which worked better.

Actually, yes you are a lefty. An anti-gun, pro-gun-control, follow the government, the-government's-always-right-because-some-guy-in-a-black-robe-said-so kind of lefty sheep.

You sound crazy. Ima red flag you!

Forum List

Back