Prior to the ban, 53 million pounds of plastic shopping bags were used in the Garden State, which has gone to...

Ethylene is what comes from a barrel of oil. If we do not use it for plastic bags, we will have to burn it or throw it away as toxic waste

or it could be used to make film, toys, food containers, bottles, pipes, antifreeze, carpets, insulation, and housewares, just to name a few uses for it.

New Jersey's Plastic Bag Ban Has Backfired

Leftist jackasses.
  • I save plastic bags and get 20-30 uses out of them until they fall apart. Takes a few drops of oil to make one. With the plastic bags, I could carry six bags of groceries up my basement steps, each full of food.
  • Then they instituted choice. Their new paper bags or bring your own plastic ones.
  • Then they stopped that and now you HAVE to use their paper bags. Only problem is nothing fits in the paper bags. They are only half the size of a plastic bag.
  • Meanwhile, the paper bags are so short that you can only carry three of them with difficulty in one hand making twice the work. And they are such stupid bags and so bulky, they take up a lot of room, get used only once and get thrown away.
  • The tree consumption to make all these paper bags must be HUGE. Meanwhile, trees are 100% carbon.
The paper bags are doing more environmental damage than had they just stuck with the plastic ones.

That would be solar panels and wind turbines, good choice, we finally agree, we must get rid o solar panels and wind turbines
Do you have some evidence that is the case? In particular, I see that solar panels are only 10% plastic. Wind turbine blades, if not made of wood or some wood composite, are made of fiberglass reinforced polyester or epoxy. I don't believe either material is currently recyclable.

Last edited:
Do you have some evidence that is the case? In particular, I see that solar panels are only 10% plastic. Wind turbine blades, if not made of wood or some wood composite, are made of fiberglass reinforced polyester or epoxy. I don't believe either material is currently recyclable.
Do the math.

Yes, like I said, you are ignorant.

You see plastic, where as I see Ethane.

You can not make solar panels or wind turbines without ethane, that comes from fossil fuels.

Millions of tons of ethane, many more millions of tons of Oil, which is where ethane originates

Yes, like I said, you are ignorant.

You see plastic, where as I see Ethane.

You can not make solar panels or wind turbines without ethane, that comes from fossil fuels.

Millions of tons of ethane, many more millions of tons of Oil, which is where ethane originates
I think when my source said 10% of solar panels were composed of plastics, that included ethanes and any other plastics.

Why do you so rarely provide links to reference sources? Why do you so rarely provide numbers even though your entire arguments revolves around them? You've claimed a dozen times that solar panels and/or wind turbines are the largest industry on the planet, but you've never provided a single number to support that claim. Why is that?

I think when my source said 10% of solar panels were composed of plastics, that included ethanes and any other plastics.

Why do you so rarely provide links to reference sources? Why do you so rarely provide numbers even though your entire arguments revolves around them? You've claimed a dozen times that solar panels and/or wind turbines are the largest industry on the planet, but you've never provided a single number to support that claim. Why is that?
Name a larger industry. Name anything they are building more of, than solar panels. What is bigger than wind turbines.

Than answer, is none.

What costs more, nothing.

You need a link for that.

Oh I get it, if Google does not link to it, it is not true!

Google is not the arbritrar of truth.

google is the greatest propaganda tool in the world, anyone who can not acknowledge that fact is a fool

and likewise, you argue how great solar and wind is, how great EV's are, how much have we spent on the Green revolution since it began

There is a cost, it is known, so you should be able to provide an answer in seconds. So I challenge you, to provide a link to the cost of Solar and Wind, if you can not give us a figure. Than that proves google is nothing more than propaganda, that hides the truth.

Go ahead, crick, how much has been spent on wind, solar, geothermal, pumped hydro, EV's. They spent the money that is a fact, so link to the fact.

and likewise, you argue how great solar and wind is, how great EV's are, how much have we spent on the Green revolution since it began
I have not advocated for battery EVs. I have corrected some of the BEV mistakes around here, like the risk of fire or their suitability for towing, but I have never said I think they're a great thing and everyone should buy one. I have said repeatedly that I like hydrogen fuel cell or hydrogen combustion.
There is a cost, it is known, so you should be able to provide an answer in seconds.
In whose universe? First, a cost for WHAT exactly?
So I challenge you, to provide a link to the cost of Solar and Wind
Again, cost of WHAT exactly? There are plenty of different cost numbers you can look up just as easily as can I and since you've never specified what costs you want, it's impossible to take you seriously... or especially intelligent.
if you can not give us a figure.
If you had actually specified what you want and I had a link to the cost of that, I would be able to give you the figure AND the link.
Than that proves google is nothing more than propaganda, that hides the truth.
What proves Google is nothing more than propaganda that hides the truth?
Go ahead, crick, how much has been spent on wind, solar, geothermal, pumped hydro, EV's. They spent the money that is a fact, so link to the fact.
That's a little closer. Now in whose spending are you interested? Corporations? Private companies? Public utilities? City governments? County governments? State governments? The federal govrnments? Foreign governments? All governments?
Do you want to include all the privately owned solar PV on people's roofs? How about solar thermal? Tidal? And from when? People started hooking wind turbines and solar panels to the grid decades back. And just the US? More details. And when you finally get it all spelled out, then you can look it up yourself because I haven't the slightest inclination to waste my time running your utterly pointless errands.

As I stated, crick will not answer this simple question. How come, there is a cost? But it is hidden, so crick must play dumb, acting as if telling us how much solar and wind costs, is a complicated answer.

The fact of the matter is, google hides many facts which are detrimental to the public's perception of solar and wind power. Crick proves this by not answering.

Again, cost of WHAT exactly? There are plenty of different cost numbers you can look up just as easily as can I and since you've never specified what costs you want, it's impossible to take you seriously... or especially intelligent.

As I stated, crick will not answer this simple question. How come, there is a cost? But it is hidden, so crick must play dumb, acting as if telling us how much solar and wind costs, is a complicated answer.

The fact of the matter is, google hides many facts which are detrimental to the public's perception of solar and wind power. Crick proves this by not answering.
You say its easy to find. So find it and quit your god damned WHINING!!!

You say its easy to find. So find it and quit your god damned WHINING!!!
ha, crick, you said if something is a fact you can find it with google

Prove yourself right, how much has green energy cost us.

or was crick just being his/her usual self, a filthy fucking liar

That is what started this latest tit for tat, you said if it was fact that it is found with google. So show us just one fact, the total cost spent so far on Green Energy

Forum List

Back