Pride Stickers, etc.

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think this is a good time for a little history lesson on the matter of the relationship between the "gay community" and the society at large.

When I was a young man, most states had sodomy laws that criminalized the main quasi-sexual activities that are favored by homosexuals and lesbians. They were not uniformly enforced, but they were enforced often enough to concern those engaging in these activities.

And it's worth saying that these laws and these practices were fine with the general population. There were no major liberal interest groups that were demonstrating and lobbying to have these laws overturned. In fact, they reflected the thinking of the majority of the population, the population that elected the legislators who made those laws. So in a word, the public mood toward the "gay community" was basically, INTOLERANCE. It was still considered seriously slanderous to "accuse" someone of being homosexual.

As the sixties wore on, these laws were enforced less and less, as police didn't want to be bothered, and there was less public support. Certain individuals in the public sphere were either coming out as gay, or were generally known to be gay, and nobody cared. So the overall society went from intolerance to TOLERANCE.

Subsequently, the Supreme Court invented a "Constitutional right of privacy," and asserted that the anti-sodomy laws were unconstitutional. By that time, however, few people cared enough to be upset by this development. As more and more public figures came out, the general attitude of the public advanced to ACCEPTANCE. In essence, few people care one way or another when someone is learned to be gay or lesbian.

But this "pride" bullshit takes it one step too far. Many members of the general population STILL consider that sodomy in its various forms is morally evil. Christians, jews, muslims, and Mormons who are faithful to their founding moral documents are unanimous in condemning homosexual sodomy. To "demand" that the general population celebrate the community that is defined by morally abhorrent behavior is bullshit.

And of course, demanding that employees wear patches and whatnot celebrating "Pride" month is bullshit on steroids.

The gay mafia lives.

I think this is a good time for a little history lesson on the matter of the relationship between the "gay community" and the society at large.

When I was a young man, most states had sodomy laws that criminalized the main quasi-sexual activities that are favored by homosexuals and lesbians. They were not uniformly enforced, but they were enforced often enough to concern those engaging in these activities.

And it's worth saying that these laws and these practices were fine with the general population. There were no major liberal interest groups that were demonstrating and lobbying to have these laws overturned. In fact, they reflected the thinking of the majority of the population, the population that elected the legislators who made those laws. So in a word, the public mood toward the "gay community" was basically, INTOLERANCE. It was still considered seriously slanderous to "accuse" someone of being homosexual.

As the sixties wore on, these laws were enforced less and less, as police didn't want to be bothered, and there was less public support. Certain individuals in the public sphere were either coming out as gay, or were generally known to be gay, and nobody cared. So the overall society went from intolerance to TOLERANCE.

Subsequently, the Supreme Court invented a "Constitutional right of privacy," and asserted that the anti-sodomy laws were unconstitutional. By that time, however, few people cared enough to be upset by this development. As more and more public figures came out, the general attitude of the public advanced to ACCEPTANCE. In essence, few people care one way or another when someone is learned to be gay or lesbian.

But this "pride" bullshit takes it one step too far. Many members of the general population STILL consider that sodomy in its various forms is morally evil. Christians, jews, muslims, and Mormons who are faithful to their founding moral documents are unanimous in condemning homosexual sodomy. To "demand" that the general population celebrate the community that is defined by morally abhorrent behavior is bullshit.

And of course, demanding that employees wear patches and whatnot celebrating "Pride" month is bullshit on steroids.

The gay mafia lives.
One word Colonel Sanders

Incrementalism.

I saw the same things you noticed. They pushed until it was no longer good enough to tolerate their deviancies, they now think we should all be forced to condone & celebrate their mental illnesses.
They have openly said they are trying to turn the kids so that even celebration isn't enough down the road. Active participation will be required if the twinks get their way.
Our society was a lot healthier when men were men, common sense was still common & the ass bandits were still in the closet

The gay mafia lives.
Men and women, gay or straight, have anal sex and they don't have to subscribe to what you think is evil.

The gay mafia lives.

The fact that some people consider sodomy as morally evil is of no consequence. If you think every man who is a practicing Christian, Jew, Muslim or Mormon would turn down a blowjob (or doesn't ask their spouse for one), you are delusional. But if they don't want to have anal sex or oral sex, they should refrain from doing so. But to tell others that they cannot is reprehensible. And just by way of an FYI, anal sex among straight couple is common. Oral sex among straight couples is even more common. As long as it is between consenting adults, it is no one's business but theirs.

And the Pride celebrations are not about the sodomy. It is about the people who have lost jobs, been banned from places, and been outcasts based on who they love. It is about being able to be who you are and not having to hide.

And, when it comes right down to it, it is about freedom.

Gays and lesbians are just people, but lgbtq is a hate group. Lgbtq is about supremacy. Lgbtq supremacy.

The fact that some people consider sodomy as morally evil is of no consequence. If you think every man who is a practicing Christian, Jew, Muslim or Mormon would turn down a blowjob (or doesn't ask their spouse for one), you are delusional. But if they don't want to have anal sex or oral sex, they should refrain from doing so. But to tell others that they cannot is reprehensible. And just by way of an FYI, anal sex among straight couple is common. Oral sex among straight couples is even more common. As long as it is between consenting adults, it is no one's business but theirs.

And the Pride celebrations are not about the sodomy. It is about the people who have lost jobs, been banned from places, and been outcasts based on who they love. It is about being able to be who you are and not having to hide.

And, when it comes right down to it, it is about freedom.

I am sure no one will believe this but I personally know gay people who deplore and resent the 'gay movement' and Pride Month. They appreciate the gains made but feel the movement has outlived its usefulness and is now doing more harm than good. They don't want to be Big Gay all the time. They are who they are; gay is just a part. But Identity Politics never lets this be.

Acceptance is sufficient. Few people care that the Secretary of Transportation is a gay man (although many resent the fact that he was appointed because he is openly gay).

Being asked to celebrate sexual irregularity and deviance is bullshit. Authoritarian, to use the popular term today.

Acceptance is sufficient. Few people care that the Secretary of Transportation is a gay man (although many resent the fact that he was appointed because he is openly gay).

Being asked to celebrate sexual irregularity and deviance is bullshit. Authoritarian, to use the popular term today.

It's not interesting. That's the failure of Identity Politics. Your skin color and "who you do" is just not all that compelling. Go do interesting things, meet cool people, think good thoughts. Something other than melanin and sexuality. That's pretty boring.

I've never seen such a corporate push for "Pride month" like I have in 2022. I believe that it is corporations who are doing this, as my employer (80,000 employees world wide) and many others who advertise on TV (mine does not) are pushing inclusiveness, and this includes 10% of the population, obviously.

So, for fear of being a company that is not responsive and inclusive, they are all broadcasting their tolerance, and we hear about this constantly. I work for a conservative company that has "Pride Month" on their main page online all this month, never seen that before, either.

I might be the only one here, but I despise virtue signaling just as much as I despise criminalizing something that causes no intrinsic harm, and for no other reason than people think it is icky.

It's not interesting. That's the failure of Identity Politics. Your skin color and "who you do" is just not all that compelling. Go do interesting things, meet cool people, think good thoughts. Something other than melanin and sexuality. That's pretty boring.
I have been deprived of melanin since birth.

I demand reparations!

1656683103475.png

No one is forcing anyone to wear pride stuff. You may see some people wearing it and be reminded that queer people and queer allies can safely exist visibly now and that may make you mad. Cry me a river.

At my workplace, we celebrated pride month, and we had the option - OPTION - to purchase pride shirts and wear pride appearal. Also, the profits from these purchases went to LGBTQ charities. There were many employees just wearing their normal stuff, in fact most of them were.

The word you are looking for is tolerance, not acceptance.

What is being forced on us now is acceptance.

No one is forcing anyone to wear pride stuff. You may see some people wearing it and be reminded that queer people and queer allies can safely exist visibly now and that may make you mad. Cry me a river.

At my workplace, we celebrated pride month, and we had the option - OPTION - to purchase pride shirts and wear pride appearal. Also, the profits from these purchases went to LGBTQ charities. There were many employees just wearing their normal stuff, in fact most of them were.
Fag.

Forum List

Back