‘Pride’ Night at the Old Ballpark

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Major League Baseball teams have been celebrating “Pride Month” via Pride Nights at ballparks across the Majors. June is Pride Month, in case you’ve missed the hype. Outdoing itself, the MLB is partying “all season long.” One wonders why there needs to be a month of any celebration. Should October be refashioned as “Halloween Month?” Is there an “Irish Month,” which St. Patrick’s Day is the capstone? And why limit Groundhog Day to a day?

Yet gay pride is now LGBTQ+ (the plus is currently optional) pride because being homosexual isn’t enough. Every sexual variant not heterosexual and practiced by a tiny minority of people is to be granted a month’s worth of recognition and celebration. The Grand Old Game has no reprieve from being rainbowed.

Advertises the Phillies for their Pride Night:

The Phillies invite you to celebrate Philadelphia's rich LGBTQ culture at our fifth annual Pride Night presented by the GIANT company at Citizens Bank Park on Wednesday, August 25 at 7:05 p.m. when the Phillies host the Tampa Bay Rays.
All members of the LGBTQ community, as well as family, friends and organizations are invited to come out and show their pride at this event.
The first 1,000 fans to purchase tickets for this event will receive a coupon for an exclusive Phillies Pride Night cap
Just a thousand caps are being given away. That’s a paltry sum, which hints at what a small draw this event is.

And please cite examples of “rich LGBTQ culture?” What exactly is LGBTQ culture? Is there LGBTQ cuisine? If it exists, does it rival, oh, Cuban cuisine? Don’t cite a guy like Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, as a cultural icon.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

--------------------

When is “Psychotic Homeless” month?
Lets celebrate as much untreated mental illness as possible.
I’m sure attendance will increase with psych-homeless given free attendance and light meal.
Hold the free beer to only 3 by the 7th inning.
They will be complacent, right?

No worries folks. This will go away. It is a fad.(sarc.) The other day I heard about a trans couple getting married. They were pre-op male-to-female and pre-op female-to-male. They will be calling that traditional marriage soon.

Does this somehow affect you? Does it make your house worth less? Does it increase your electricity bill? If not, why do you care?

Perhaps, it's because I don't give a fetid dingo's kidney about someone else's sexual orientation (unless I'm planning to woo them) and because if I go to see a baseball game, or any other professional sporting event, I'm there to see people hit, catch, and throw the ball. I'm sure there have to a a FEW things that don't have to involve a political agenda.

Can't we just watch the game?

maxresdefault.jpg

Does this somehow affect you? Does it make your house worth less? Does it increase your electricity bill? If not, why do you care?

Perhaps, it's because I don't give a fetid dingo's kidney about someone else's sexual orientation (unless I'm planning to woo them) and because if I go to see a baseball game, or any other professional sporting event, I'm there to see people hit, catch, and throw the ball. I'm sure there have to a a FEW things that don't have to involve a political agenda.

Sporting events have all sorts of promotions to expand attendance. Watch the game.

Sporting events have all sorts of promotions to expand attendance. Watch the game.

Which is probably why I haven't been in some time.

Major League Baseball teams have been celebrating “Pride Month” via Pride Nights at ballparks across the Majors. June is Pride Month, in case you’ve missed the hype. Outdoing itself, the MLB is partying “all season long.” One wonders why there needs to be a month of any celebration. Should October be refashioned as “Halloween Month?” Is there an “Irish Month,” which St. Patrick’s Day is the capstone? And why limit Groundhog Day to a day?

Yet gay pride is now LGBTQ+ (the plus is currently optional) pride because being homosexual isn’t enough. Every sexual variant not heterosexual and practiced by a tiny minority of people is to be granted a month’s worth of recognition and celebration. The Grand Old Game has no reprieve from being rainbowed.

The Phillies invite you to celebrate Philadelphia's rich LGBTQ culture at our fifth annual Pride Night presented by the GIANT company at Citizens Bank Park on Wednesday, August 25 at 7:05 p.m. when the Phillies host the Tampa Bay Rays.
All members of the LGBTQ community, as well as family, friends and organizations are invited to come out and show their pride at this event.
The first 1,000 fans to purchase tickets for this event will receive a coupon for an exclusive Phillies Pride Night cap
Just a thousand caps are being given away. That’s a paltry sum, which hints at what a small draw this event is.

And please cite examples of “rich LGBTQ culture?” What exactly is LGBTQ culture? Is there LGBTQ cuisine? If it exists, does it rival, oh, Cuban cuisine? Don’t cite a guy like Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, as a cultural icon.

--------------------

I’m sure attendance will increase with psych-homeless given free attendance and light meal.

No worries folks. This will go away. It is a fad.(sarc.) The other day I heard about a trans couple getting married. They were pre-op male-to-female and pre-op female-to-male. They will be calling that traditional marriage soon.
I have no problem with "pride" month or whatever. It's freedom they are supporting, so I have no complaints.

Austin Petersen's ideal:

"Gay married couple defends pot farm with machine guns."

July 4th is Kid's Sunglasses Day at PNC Park

When is Adult Sunglasses Day!? :crybaby: :mad-61:

Really? When was the last time they celebrated normal heterosexual people?

For the most part, people could care less what anybody does. If it makes you happy and it's legal, go for it, but keep it to yourself. The problem is when they try to shove it in your face. That's when people object.

A friend of mine had another friend who (before his triple bypass) announced to everybody he was gay. Okay, no problem. My friend was a little on the fence on how to take it. I told him the guy was always gay, it's just that he didn't tell anybody about it until now! He decided that I was probably right. There is no reason to break up a long term friendship because of his personal life

They usually stayed in touch by phone, but Christmas was always kind of special so they got together for that every year, even though the gay guy was Jewish. The following year, he brought his "other" to the party. They sat and held hands, talked about their undying love for each other, how they went here for a romantic weekend or vacation. That's when my friend had enough. He said it was the worst Christmas he ever had and his wife agreed. They were both disgusted by it. So they severed ties with him.

I haven't turned on a football game since the kneeling started. I stopped turning on baseball although I was never a huge sports fan. Apparently a lot of people object to entertainment turning political. Sports television ratings are going down hill, the Hollywood awards shows are taking a plunge. People object when you try to shove your social or political views down their throats. We're going to react to it and not in a positive way.

Really? When was the last time they celebrated normal heterosexual people?

Your ignorance is outstanding. I clearly stated that sporting events have all sorts of promotions. I didn't not say they have had a promotion for everything and anything you could image promoting.

All the same there have been "family nights" at the ballparks for years.

That's a weak retort.

My owning a gun threatens no one, yet there are countless people who, if they had their way, would not allow me to own a gun. It doesn't make their house worth less, nor does it increase their electricity bill, but that doesn't seem to matter...

Your ignorance is outstanding. I clearly stated that sporting events have all sorts of promotions. I didn't not say they have had a promotion for everything and anything you could image promoting.

Yes, family nights. That's because people having families is normal, not abnormal. How do you think we got all these people here? I was a lad when this whole "get out of the closet" movement started. People agreed that it wasn't right that sexuality should prohibit you from getting employment or housing. If we could have only seen where it led, we probably would have not agreed to it. Stay in the closet and leave the rest of us alone.

Every sexual variant not heterosexual and practiced by a tiny minority of people is to be granted a month’s worth of recognition and celebration.
But,but,but...man on man ass sex and men gargling man gravy is sooooo PROGRESSIVE and cool...It deserves glamorization and celebration....PLUS its a direct assault on the traditional American value system...and thats always cool...ask a Lefty.

--------------------

I have no problem with "pride" month or whatever. It's freedom they are supporting, so I have no complaints.

Austin Petersen's ideal:

"Gay married couple defends pot farm with machine guns."
Doesn't know the difference between morals and freedom....so sad!

What I can't help but wonder is if those who live the LGBTQ+ whatever lifestyle are given some kind of discount during this month just for their lifestyle being what it is at events like this. I am not far from Dollywood and we all know that Dolly is no stranger to being a cheerleader for them people. I am not sure though if they are given any kind of break for it though where going to her place is concerned.

God bless you and Dolly always!!!

Holly

That's a weak retort.

My owning a gun threatens no one, yet there are countless people who, if they had their way, would not allow me to own a gun. It doesn't make their house worth less, nor does it increase their electricity bill, but that doesn't seem to matter...

And I would ask them the same question. Does you owning a gun affect me? No. So do you think it's OK for people to get upset over something that doesn't affect them?

What I can't help but wonder is if those who live the LGBTQ+ whatever lifestyle are given some kind of discount during this month just for their lifestyle being what it is at events like this. I am not far from Dollywood and we all know that Dolly is no stranger to being a cheerleader for them people. I am not sure though if they are given any kind of break for it though where going to her place is concerned.

God bless you and Dolly always!!!

Holly

On Family Night, families get a discount.

Yes, family nights. That's because people having families is normal, not abnormal. How do you think we got all these people here? I was a lad when this whole "get out of the closet" movement started. People agreed that it wasn't right that sexuality should prohibit you from getting employment or housing. If we could have only seen where it led, we probably would have not agreed to it. Stay in the closet and leave the rest of us alone.

Where has it led? Fewer people getting beat up over things that doesn't affect you?

Forum List

Back