Pretty sick of partisan idiocy

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Anyone else?
c9d6caa6bbf3a06464f871046c7ef5fa.gif

Fuckin Aye. It is the ultimate diversion.
It's worse than that, I fear. The parties will fight over anything. Neither party has a consistent ideology. Other than opposing the other side reflexively.

We've reached a point where the partisans distrust, even hate, each other more than our foreign enemies. A nation can't last like that.

Partisan idiocy is just what the party leaders strive for. For them, it's a math game. Keeping the base fired up makes it easier to extract the needed vote--and exert pressure as needed.
Both parties use the same mechanics..have the same methods.
Social media has added fuel to that fire...and further exacerbated the factionalism that many buy into.
It does occur to me that 'Partisan Idiocy' might be a redundant statement

1631139519377.png

The new afghan government has put an end to partisanship.

If you want everyone around you to agree, move there...
Ah... so do we have a defender of partisan politics?

The great struggle for power as the Baby Boomer generation which has had a vice grip on power for decades slowly loses that grip and is replaced by Gen-X'ers who seem to be split amongst the camps, and the up and coming Millennials who may be the deciding swing bloc. Add to that mix the great revolt after our first black President was elected....and then re-elected, followed by the choice between two baby boomers, a politcal retread that everyone wished would just go away, and a grenade throwing grifter who didn't know his ass from his elbow. But he knew how to market. And used that marketing as a axe to split this country in two when he backed into the Presidency.

This divide..isn't going away anytime soon. The next couple elections are going to go JUST like 2020. Razor thin margins on both sides.
Whether you're on the right side of the razor...depends on your beliefs.

The new afghan government has put an end to partisanship.

If you want everyone around you to agree, move there...
Not about that.

It's about idiots who think there is a modicum of difference between the two major political parties arguing over a few social issues.

Outside of what...Abortion!!...nothin...they used to argue a little about money for Israel, and the military industrial complex...now both sides suck their dick too

MEANWHILE

When it comes to foreign policy, social programs, military spending, banks, corporations, deregulation, censorship...ya know...the BIG shit.

Like two peas in a pod. Not a fuckin MODICUM of difference on the important shit.

The great struggle for power as the Baby Boomer generation which has had a vice grip on power for decades slowly loses that grip and is replaced by Gen-X'ers who seem to be split amongst the camps, and the up and coming Millennials who may be the deciding swing bloc. Add to that mix the great revolt after our first black President was elected....and then re-elected, followed by the choice between two baby boomers, a politcal retread that everyone wished would just go away, and a grenade throwing grifter who didn't know his ass from his elbow. But he knew how to market. And used that marketing as a axe to split this country in two when he backed into the Presidency.

This divide..isn't going away anytime soon.
The divide is artificial, and exacerbated by our election system. The combination of the two-party stranglehold, and a primary system that rewards partisanship over consensus building, sets us against each other in ways that don't need to happen.

The divide is artificial, and exacerbated by our election system. The combination of the two-party stranglehold, and a primary system that rewards partisanship over consensus building, sets us against each other in ways that don't need to happen.
Yeah, I'll have to disagree with you here. The divide is real. And stark. Party, Primary, and General Election issues aside, I'm referring to the actual ideological divide. There is a section of the population that actually believes there was a giant conspiracy with massive coordination that defies logic and reason to steal an election from a complete fraud of an individual whose party should have had the sack to 86 his candidacy the moment he stepped foot off that escalator. I'll use my Gen-X self as an example. If you believe this happened, then you believe in a fantasy. A conspiracy theory. Wishful thinking. This is only an example. Speaking only for myself, there is NO OTHER place that you and I can go to find common ground if this is what you truly believe. It's a non-starter for me. I'll be polite to you. I'll listen but I won't hear. Why? Because you're not rational. You're not a critical thinker. You're not someone to be taken seriously. I'm not saying everyone is this way, but I am. And I like to think I'm pretty reasonable. But this kind of an attitude is rampant on the other side (just as they think it's rampant on this side).

Hence the divide. Not easily fixed.

Forum List

Back