Press Freedom, Sure. But Obama Won't Answer Questions from the Press

Translates to:

No, I'm not going to do your research for you, you condescending asshole. If you expect to be taken seriously, you have to back up what you say. If Obama has been refusing to answer so many "tough questions", I'm sure you've got one example, right?

If YOU don't know the questions, how are you going to know the answers? Yes, I have examples. Careful, you get all worked up like that and it will require quite the back pats for the burp.

If you have examples, why haven't you posted them yet?

Come on, I'm waiting.

I like the idea of you waiting. :eusa_whistle:

No examples because you have nothing to contribute to them.

Translates to:

No, I'm not going to do your research for you, you condescending asshole. If you expect to be taken seriously, you have to back up what you say. If Obama has been refusing to answer so many "tough questions", I'm sure you've got one example, right?

If YOU don't know the questions, how are you going to know the answers? Yes, I have examples. Careful, you get all worked up like that and it will require quite the back pats for the burp.

Come on, I'm waiting.

No examples because you have nothing to contribute to them. Trying to provoke me with a third grade move? :lol:

Come on, I'm waiting.

No examples because you have nothing to contribute to them.

You made a claim that Obama has been refusing to answer questions.

I asked you to back that claim up.

You have since refused. I have no more time for this nonsense.

Unaware again? I see how you guys figure everyone else needs to get the meessage from the media talking points. That is the way you do it.

Tell me what "tough questions" the President has refused to answer.

As a warning, if you mention any birther shit, I'll laugh in your face.

He never answers a direct question. I'm assuming they are all too tough for him to handle.

Case in point:

BAIER: You have said at least four times in the past two weeks: "the United States Congress owes the American people a final up or down vote on health care." So do you support the use of this Slaughter rule? The deem and pass rule, so that Democrats avoid a straight up or down vote on the Senate bill?

OBAMA: Here's what I think is going to happen and what should happen. You now have a proposal from me that will be in legislation, that has the toughest insurance reforms in history, makes sure that people are able to get insurance even if they've got preexisting conditions, makes sure that we are reducing costs for families and small businesses, by allowing them to buy into a pool, the same kind of pool that members of Congress have.

Notice he never answered the question!

And then we see this shit.

Obama gives 17-minute answer to health-care query in N.C.

Oh and not to mention when Rev. Rick Warren ask him his opinion on when life begins, he couldn't even give an opinion, he punted the question with "it's above my pay grade".

So in a thread whining about obama not giving the media interviews you post an example of him giving an interview but then you complain that he didn't answer the questions to your specifications?? LOL

BTW how was the senate version of the healthcare bill passed in the house??

He never answers a direct question. I'm assuming they are all too tough for him to handle.

Case in point:

BAIER: You have said at least four times in the past two weeks: "the United States Congress owes the American people a final up or down vote on health care." So do you support the use of this Slaughter rule? The deem and pass rule, so that Democrats avoid a straight up or down vote on the Senate bill?

OBAMA: Here's what I think is going to happen and what should happen. You now have a proposal from me that will be in legislation, that has the toughest insurance reforms in history, makes sure that people are able to get insurance even if they've got preexisting conditions, makes sure that we are reducing costs for families and small businesses, by allowing them to buy into a pool, the same kind of pool that members of Congress have.

Of course he doesn't give a straight answer. What politician ever does?

So you point at bad behavior to justify bad behavior.

Fact is in the first example, HE NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION!

Fact is Obama promised transparency and honesty and all that bullshit and he can't even give a direct answer to a direct questions.

Fact is Obama is nothing but lying sack of cow dung!!

And I can prove it.

Promise : No Tax Increase on Families Making Under 250k

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase - not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes,” Obama said in a September 2008 town hall meeting in Dover.

Reality: In his first year in office, he proposed Cap and Trade, which would be a fat tax on everyone. He increased the cigarette tax by 159 percent, and now we have that proposed tax on fancy health care benefits.

During the campaign, he criticized John McCain for just suggesting that.

“My opponent can't make that pledge [not to raise taxes] and here’s why: for the first time in American history, John McCain wants to tax your health care benefits," he said in the same speech.

But now it's Obama who wants to tax health plans:

“This reform will charge insurance companies a fee for their most expensive policies,” he said in his health care address to Congress.

Promise : Ban Earmarks

"We are going to ban all earmarks,” Obama said at a press conference on January 6, 2009.

Reality: The first spending bill he signed had over 9,000 earmarks.

Promise : I Won't Force Americans To Buy Insurance

During the campaign, Obama attacked Hillary Clinton:

“She believes we have to force people who don’t have insurance,” he said in a primary debate in January 2008.

In a Feb. 2008 CNN interview, he added: “If a mandate was the solution, we could try that to solve homelessness by mandating that everybody buy a house.”

Reality: This September, he told Congress: “Under my plan, individuals will be required to carry basic health insurance.”

Promise : Health care negotiations will be on C-SPAN

Obama promised at least eight times that "we’re going to do all the negotiations on C-SPAN, So the American people will be able to watch.”

Reality: They haven’t been there.

Well, briefly. C-SPAN CEO Brian Lamb said, “The only time we’ve been allowed to cover the White House part of it was one hour inside the East Room, which was kind of just a show horse type of thing.”

Promise : Putting bills online

Obama promised “When there’s a bill that ends up on my desk as President, you the public will have five days to look online, and find out what’s in it before I sign it.”

Reality: He broke that promise when he singed his first bill, the Fair Pay Act. He's broken it since, for instance on the Credit Card Bill of Rights and an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program.

Promise : Cutting spending

On the campaign trail, Obama promised to cut spending several times. In the second presidential debate, he said that “actually, I am cutting more than I’m spending. So it will be a net spending cut.”

In the third debate, he reiterated: “what I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut.”

Of course, Republicans made claims like that, too. Bush Sr. is famous for his “Read my lips. No new taxes” line. Bush Jr. made statements like “Prosperity requires restraining the spending appetite of the federal government.”

Reality: Here’s a graph:

spending.JPG

Case in point:

Oh and not to mention when Rev. Rick Warren ask him his opinion on when life begins, he couldn't even give an opinion, he punted the question with "it's above my pay grade".

So in a thread whining about obama not giving the media interviews you post an example of him giving an interview but then you complain that he didn't answer the questions to your specifications?? LOL

I didn't introduce this thread nor have I whined about Obama not giving interviews. Wise up!

Case in point:

Fact is Obama promised transparency and honesty and all that bullshit and he can't even give a direct answer to a direct questions.

And I can prove it.

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase - not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes,” Obama said in a September 2008 town hall meeting in Dover.

Reality: In his first year in office, he proposed Cap and Trade, which would be a fat tax on everyone. He increased the cigarette tax by 159 percent, and now we have that proposed tax on fancy health care benefits.

“My opponent can't make that pledge [not to raise taxes] and here’s why: for the first time in American history, John McCain wants to tax your health care benefits," he said in the same speech.

“This reform will charge insurance companies a fee for their most expensive policies,” he said in his health care address to Congress.

"We are going to ban all earmarks,” Obama said at a press conference on January 6, 2009.

“She believes we have to force people who don’t have insurance,” he said in a primary debate in January 2008.

In a Feb. 2008 CNN interview, he added: “If a mandate was the solution, we could try that to solve homelessness by mandating that everybody buy a house.”

Reality: This September, he told Congress: “Under my plan, individuals will be required to carry basic health insurance.”

Obama promised at least eight times that "we’re going to do all the negotiations on C-SPAN, So the American people will be able to watch.”

Well, briefly. C-SPAN CEO Brian Lamb said, “The only time we’ve been allowed to cover the White House part of it was one hour inside the East Room, which was kind of just a show horse type of thing.”

Obama promised “When there’s a bill that ends up on my desk as President, you the public will have five days to look online, and find out what’s in it before I sign it.”

Reality: He broke that promise when he singed his first bill, the Fair Pay Act. He's broken it since, for instance on the Credit Card Bill of Rights and an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program.

On the campaign trail, Obama promised to cut spending several times. In the second presidential debate, he said that “actually, I am cutting more than I’m spending. So it will be a net spending cut.”

In the third debate, he reiterated: “what I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut.”

Of course, Republicans made claims like that, too. Bush Sr. is famous for his “Read my lips. No new taxes” line. Bush Jr. made statements like “Prosperity requires restraining the spending appetite of the federal government.”

spending.JPG

Thanks for the spam but don't you think that you should cite the source?

Obama’s Broken Promises John Stossel

You seem to be basing all of these comments on campaign promises that had to be adapted to the current times and what was actually passable instead of what WOULD have happend IF obama plans were followed completely. Things change and one has to be willing to change with the times when necessary. Only a moron tries to stay the course and ignores when things change.

NVM the fact that the economy was in shambles and stimulus bills were passed to help stabilize the economy and that has affected spending.

NVM the fact that the some of the 9,000 earmarks went to red states at the request of republicans most of who later voted against the bill but still took the money.

It's easy to make arguments when you cherry pick comments made during a campaign and ignore the facts that don't suit your needs.

And I can prove it.

spending.JPG

You seem to be basing all of these comments on campaign promises that had to be adapted to the current times and what was actually passable instead of what WOULD have happend IF obama plans were followed completely. Things change and one has to be willing to change with the times when necessary. Only a moron tries to stay the course and ignores when things change.

NVM the fact that the economy was in shambles and stimulus bills were passed to help stabilize the economy and that has affected spending.

NVM the fact that the some of the 9,000 earmarks went to red states at the request of republicans most of who later voted against the bill but still took the money.

It's easy to make arguments when you cherry pick comments made during a campaign and ignore the facts that don't suit your needs.

Fact is these are lies Obama told. Period.

Case in point:

Obama was supposed to change all that, no ? ......

Case in point:

I didn't introduce this thread nor have I whined about Obama not giving interviews. Wise up!

In case you missed it that IS the topic of the thread. Perhaps you should "wise up" yourself before you start worrying about others?
Oh and BTW how was the senate version of the healthcare bill passed in the house??

Last edited:

And I can prove it.

spending.JPG

Fact is these are lies Obama told. Period.

Actualy FACT is those are campaign promises made that IF obama's plans were followed then they would have happened. However, can you tell me IF obama's plans were followed to the letter?? If NOT then how can you claim he lied??

FACT is that he can make recommendations to congress but they don't have to follow everything he says word for word and he cannot force them to do so. Why is it that you continue to ignore this FACT??

Actualy FACT is those are campaign promises made that IF obama's plans were followed then they would have happened. However, can you tell me IF obama's plans were followed to the letter?? If NOT then how can you claim he lied??

FACT is that he can make recommendations to congress but they don't have to follow everything he says word for word and he cannot force them to do so. Why is it that you continue to ignore this FACT??

Those aren't facts - they're SPIN.

Obama made specific promises regarding things that were easily under his control, which he broke after the election.

Now that's a FACT.

Obama made specific promises regarding things that were easily under his control, which he broke after the election.

Now that's a FACT.

Since they're FACTs, I'm sure you can tell us them, right?

What specific promises did Obama make, that are easily under his control, that he broke?

Now that's a FACT.

So you are saying that what lonestar presented was spin and "aren't facts"??

I have to ask, as you stalk me into another thread because I owned you in the other one, since you referred to them as "those aren't facts" LOL

IF you had taken the time to read what lonestar cut and pasted without citing the source in several of the quotes obama refers specifically to "according to my plan" and IF his plans were NOT followed then how could he be accused of lying??

Now that's a FACT.

So you are saying that what lonestar presented was spin and "aren't facts"??

I have to ask, as you stalk me into another thread because I owned you in the other one, since you referred to them as "those aren't facts" LOL

IF you had taken the time to read what lonestar cut and pasted without citing the source in several of the quotes obama refers specifically to "according to my plan" and IF his plans were NOT followed then how could he be accused of lying??

No, I'm saying that your spin that Obama can't control the things about which he made promises is spin.

The only thing funnier was when the boy king held his "Freedom of the Press" conference, but only included a select few "boy king friendly" reporters.

What a fraud.

Now that's a FACT.

Since they're FACTs, I'm sure you can tell us them, right?

What specific promises did Obama make, that are easily under his control, that he broke?

The funny thing is that boe followed me into this thread and came at me when I have asked her to do bascially the same thing that you did and that was to ask her to prove her argumetns and she failed in the other thread so I doubt that boe will perform much better here.

Forum List

Back