Press Corps walk out of Downing St in protest over exclusion of some journalists

Your response was simple and unambiguous. Nothing to "reword" - what read as a simple endorsement of Boris' policies towards the media. If you meant other than what you wrote - you should have expressed it.
I'm really developing a deep abiding respect for Boris, first he gives the EU an FU and now the media gets the finger, and really, this is good news not bad...LET FREEDOM RING.
and like with everything else involving the left, the need to pretend that the easiest to understand explanation need be explained..
the quote is metaphorical/euphemistic, do you understand what that means? I am trusting the recipient to understand what is being said, [making the actual words unnecessary] in this case, the media chose to leave and it's no skin off my nose [just in case, that is also a euphemism for "I do not believe the media making that choice for themselves is a bad thing"..and not saying that I am really pretending you or anyone else "was trying to peel my nose "] was intended to show they are not the reason for our freedom, but instead they are the ones who think they decide who gets to enjoy favorable coverage and those who do not...WHEW!

The media is one of the reasons for our freedom. It's a watchdog against government excess.

The bulk of media these days - both news and entertainment - is in the employ of political, corporate and global entities. We have very little free press.

One can only hope that it's enough. I have my doubts.
Your media is free in that there is nothing to stop like minded people setting up their own media. To say that your media isnt free because you dont like the headlines is absurd.

Well put.

Your response was simple and unambiguous. Nothing to "reword" - what read as a simple endorsement of Boris' policies towards the media. If you meant other than what you wrote - you should have expressed it.
I'm really developing a deep abiding respect for Boris, first he gives the EU an FU and now the media gets the finger, and really, this is good news not bad...LET FREEDOM RING.
and like with everything else involving the left, the need to pretend that the easiest to understand explanation need be explained..
the quote is metaphorical/euphemistic, do you understand what that means? I am trusting the recipient to understand what is being said, [making the actual words unnecessary] in this case, the media chose to leave and it's no skin off my nose [just in case, that is also a euphemism for "I do not believe the media making that choice for themselves is a bad thing"..and not saying that I am really pretending you or anyone else "was trying to peel my nose "] was intended to show they are not the reason for our freedom, but instead they are the ones who think they decide who gets to enjoy favorable coverage and those who do not...WHEW!

The media is one of the reasons for our freedom. It's a watchdog against government excess.

The bulk of media these days - both news and entertainment - is in the employ of political, corporate and global entities. We have very little free press.

Your media is free in that there is nothing to stop like minded people setting up their own media. To say that your media isnt free because you dont like the headlines is absurd.
:auiqs.jpg:

You DO understand the meaning of "bulk", yes?

I would agree that it is a concern that too much media is in the hands of to few powerful entities and what suffers is local perspectives.

BUT, TT made a valid point - we are also seeing a rise in independent media and despite the above we do have some very good journalism going on.

What remains to be seen is how all these independent media entities will sort out any sort of code of ethics and responsibility in their reporting.

But with all that you can't say we do not have a free media.

I would agree that it is a concern that too much media is in the hands of to few powerful entities and what suffers is local perspectives.

BUT, TT made a valid point - we are also seeing a rise in independent media and despite the above we do have some very good journalism going on.

What remains to be seen is how all these independent media entities will sort out any sort of code of ethics and responsibility in their reporting.

But with all that you can't say we do not have a free media.

I can and did, with qualification.

Forum List

Back