Presidential Immunity

Official acts. Listen to his words. Words matter.

Yup. They are trying to figure out where/how to draw the line. All seem to agree the lower Court's rule is ridiculous.
I do not see them disagreeing with the lower court

There does not seem to be any argument about official acts
If you follow the law conducting an official act…you are safe

If you break the law you are liable just like any other criminal

What about Biden, Pence and the Beast? Hell, they weren't even presidents.

They promptly returned the documents when requested ... Trump lied and said he didn't have them ... forgetting we know where all Top Secret/SCI documents are at all times ... there's a safe in a vault under the Pentagon that has a checkout page saying the document was left in Trump's possession ...

He said he didn't have it ... thus probable cause for the search warrant and ... viola ... the document was in Trump's possession and he knew it ... that's a crime ... same as if he stole Air Force One ...

There's no qualified immunity for crimes ... that only applies to civil lawsuits ... the police office won't lose his home if he misspelts your name ... but he will lose his home if he beats you to death unjustly ... one's a clerical error, the other murder ...

I do not see them disagreeing with the lower court
Are you listening to the same argument I am?
There does not seem to be any argument about official acts
If you follow the law conducting an official act…you are safe

If you break the law you are liable just like any other criminal
So Obama can be arrested for murder for drone attacks. Biden can be arrested transporting illegal aliens across the border. You're down with that?

They promptly returned the documents when requested ... Trump lied and said he didn't have them ... forgetting we know where all Top Secret/SCI documents are at all times ... there's a safe in a vault under the Pentagon that has a checkout page saying the document was left in Trump's possession ...

He said he didn't have it ... thus probable cause for the search warrant and ... viola ... the document was in Trump's possession and he knew it ... that's a crime ... same as if he stole Air Force One ...

There's no qualified immunity for crimes ... that only applies to civil lawsuits ... the police office won't lose his home if he misspelts your name ... but he will lose his home if he beats you to death unjustly ... one's a clerical error, the other murder ...
Trump was president, Pence, Biden and the Beast were not. There are some words you don't want to misspell, LOL.
misspelts

I think that if a President is doing his job within the law, he is immune from prosecution…..just like any other American

However, if he breaks laws while doing his job or does an official act in return for personal gain, he is subject to prosecution
Just like any other American
So we can expect Hillary to finally be punished? :)

Biden said

“EVEN EVENTS THAT ‘CROSS THE LINE’ MUST FALL UNDER TOTAL IMMUNITY, OR IT WILL BE YEARS OF TRAUMA TRYING TO DETERMINE GOOD FROM BAD,” he wrote in a Monday post. “ALL PRESIDENTS MUST HAVE COMPLETE & TOTAL PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY, OR THE AUTHORITY & DECISIVENESS OF A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WILL BE STRIPPED & GONE FOREVER. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE AN EASY DECISION. GOD BLESS THE SUPREME COURT!”

A far cry from what he was saying as recently as 2016

“When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost – it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would’ve been a wonderful thing,” Trump told Blitzer in the interview.
Biden said?

The Court is hearing a case today questioning whether Presidential Immunity is absolute. Trump claims that anything done as President is subject to immunity.
Basically, a President is above the law.

Trump says that a President requires immunity so that he can do his job without fearing prosecution for bad decisions.

But if George Bush brought the nation to war based on lies that he was aware were false…..should he be subject to prosecution?
If a President accepts bribes to influence his presidential decisions, should he be prosecuted?
If a President uses his powers to overturn a lawful election, should he be prosecuted?

it is not absolute, he can be impeached and removed from office by congress.

After that he can be prosecuted at leisure.

it is not absolute, he can be impeached and removed from office by congress.

After that he can be prosecuted at leisure.
Trump is not in office and still claims Presidential Immunity

All dictators have immunity. In the case of US presidents, their Constitution has ensured immunity for a president by leaving Impeachment as the only threat. But impeachment simply doesn't work.

Hopefully Trump will get what he's asking for but only after he becomes the president again. Granting it now would give Biden the full rights of a dictator.

As it must be, the only power to stop US presidents from starting more wars, only comes from abroad in the form of MAD.

For an act he supposedly did while in office, for which he was impeached but not removed from office.
He is no longer in office
Are you claiming someone out of office needs to be impeached before he can be prosecuted?

He is no longer in office
Are you claiming someone out of office needs to be impeached before he can be prosecuted?

The supposed acts in this specific case occurred while he was still in office.

Are you claiming the acts in this specific case happened when he was out of office?

The supposed acts in this specific case occurred while he was still in office.

Are you claiming the acts in this specific case happened when he was out of office?
You mean trying to influence a lawful election while still President?
Elections are run by states. What is an official act of a President in a state certified election?
Is fake electors an official act?
Is trying to influence local officials an official act?
Trying to get elected is not an official act of a President

Last edited:

Forum List

Back