Praise God: Texas AG Says State Workers Can Cite Religious Beliefs To Deny Gays Marriage Licenses

Yes, a small army of lawyers are standing in their stalls chomping at the bit, ready and waiting to take this right straight back up to SCOTUS. Friday's ruling was like a preview. These cases are the movie.

Your constipation is clouding that half brain of yours......Get over it !!!

These cases are the movie.

dumb_and_dumber.jpg

Yes, a small army of lawyers are standing in their stalls chomping at the bit, ready and waiting to take this right straight back up to SCOTUS. Friday's ruling was like a preview. These cases are the movie.

Movie is over. What Texas is doing is nothing more than bloopers playing in the end credits.

Movie is over. What Texas is doing is nothing more than bloopers playing in the end credits.
Nice analogy...

Texas has announced that there are lawyers standing in the wings ready to defend clerks, magistrates and other official's 1st Amendment rights to refuse to participate in homosexual behavior "marriage". And the SCOTUS thought they were done with the gay marriage case. The one they Ruled on last Friday was just the preview to the movie. Plus it was an illegal Ruling because it significantly rewrote parts of the Constitution to newly cover just some deviant sex behaviors as a new "class". That's not allowed. Only Congress can amend the Constitution with the help of the states. Sorry SCOTUS. Your game of "pass the buck and cave to pressure" has just bit you in the butt....finally..

There are lawyers standing in the wings in Washington just itching to pull federal relief funds from Texas, close their military bases, close federal offices and hold federal checks until you get over your temper tantrum.

You haven't got a clue what "pass the buck and cave to pressure" really is.

Texas has announced that there are lawyers standing in the wings ready to defend clerks, magistrates and other official's 1st Amendment rights to refuse to participate in homosexual behavior "marriage". And the SCOTUS thought they were done with the gay marriage case. The one they Ruled on last Friday was just the preview to the movie. Plus it was an illegal Ruling because it significantly rewrote parts of the Constitution to newly cover just some deviant sex behaviors as a new "class". That's not allowed. Only Congress can amend the Constitution with the help of the states. Sorry SCOTUS. Your game of "pass the buck and cave to pressure" has just bit you in the butt....finally..

There are lawyers standing in the wings in Washington just itching to pull federal relief funds from Texas, close their military bases, close federal offices and hold federal checks until you get over your temper tantrum.

"But at least one Texas clerk who opposes gay marriage on religious grounds doesn't see a need for the exemption.

“Personally, same-sex marriage is a contradiction to my faith and belief that marriage is between one man and one woman,” Denton County Clerk Juli Luke said in a statement Sunday, according to the the Denton Record-Chronicle. “However, first and foremost, I took an oath on my family Bible to uphold the law, and as an elected public official, my personal belief cannot prevent me from issuing the licenses as required.”

Texas Clerk Issuing Gay Marriage Licenses In Spite of Her Faith

She hasn't got a clue what reality is. Who does she think is going to overturn the SCOTUS' decision? She sees this whole thing as five activist judges ignoring the "true" law.....what, are those same five people just achin' for a chance to smack themselves down and teach themselves a lesson?

"But at least one Texas clerk who opposes gay marriage on religious grounds doesn't see a need for the exemption.

“Personally, same-sex marriage is a contradiction to my faith and belief that marriage is between one man and one woman,” Denton County Clerk Juli Luke said in a statement Sunday, according to the the Denton Record-Chronicle. “However, first and foremost, I took an oath on my family Bible to uphold the law, and as an elected public official, my personal belief cannot prevent me from issuing the licenses as required.”

Texas Clerk Issuing Gay Marriage Licenses In Spite of Her Faith
Gee, someone doing their fucking job for once. What a nice change...

However, first and foremost, I took an oath on my family Bible to uphold the law, and as an elected public official, my personal belief cannot prevent me from issuing the licenses as required.”

^^that^^

However, first and foremost, I took an oath on my family Bible to uphold the law, and as an elected public official, my personal belief cannot prevent me from issuing the licenses as required.”

^^that^^

Irony is.

Basically, what that Texas AG has done, is to announce his candidacy for governor under the banner of the homophobic (and tea sipping) party.

Basically, what that Texas AG has done, is to announce his candidacy for governor under the banner of the homophobic (and tea sipping) party.

Actually he is helping Christians fast track their case to refuse to enable certain behaviors that spread a homosexual culture; a thing they are mandated to do under threat of dire punishment for failing from the New Testament's Jude 1.

The AG is helping to keep them from being forced to sell their eternal soul for the price of a cake or a bunch of flowers or a marriage license..

Actually he is helping Christians fast track their case to refuse to enable certain behaviors that spread a homosexual culture; a thing they are mandated to do under threat of dire punishment for failing from the New Testament's Jude 1.

The AG is helping to keep them from being forced to sell their eternal soul for the price of a cake or a bunch of flowers or a marriage license..

Tell the truth, dimwit, are you afraid that the "spread of homosexual culture" may reach your own soul?

Wow what delusions
The 9th Amendment exists. It's not a delusion.

The Texas AG opinion carries no legal weight.
No, on the contrary, it carries the ability to propel this issue straight to the US Supreme Court on the issue of the cult of LGBT vs Christianity on a fast track. Which is exactly what they had in mind I'm sure.

The USSC is almost certainly going to deny cert. As state officials represent the state. And in state has no religious conviction. If a state official uses their position to force citizens of that state to adopt tenets of their religion....that's the establishment of religion. Which is explicitly forbidden.

Worse, your logic is absolute garbage. Lets follow it: Can a Muslim judge refuse to rule in any manner that violates sharia? Can a fundamentalist Muslim police officer refuse to take a DV complaint from a woman whose husband just beat her senseless....because that woman wasn't wearing a burka?

If not, why not? Wouldn't their religion trump civil law too?

It's going to be the 1st Amendment vs Article 4, Section 2...only the 9th Amendment says that none of the provisions of the Constitution may extinguish the right granted in another.

Says you. But remember.....you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You told us what the Obergefell ruling was going to be, insisting you knew what the court was going to have to base their ruling on, how they were going to side with you, what status determinations the court would have to make and a litany of other pseudo-legal babble.

Nothing you predicted happened. Nothing. Your every prediction was comically wrong. The courts are not bound by your assumptions. And you have no capacity to glean their rulings.

Ooops!...looks like Kennedy and pals didn't read the whole Constitution before they decided to create a de facto new provision that says that some (, but we're not sure which all and how many) behaviors repugnant to the majority may now skirt around the majority's right to regulate behaviors...

Or.....you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. One or the other.

Jesus, you just pwned Sil to the point that I'm actually embarrassed for the dumb ass.

Wow, you're fucking delusional. Do you ever accept anything, or is it constant spin zone with you?

Tell the truth, dimwit, are you afraid that the "spread of homosexual culture" may reach your own soul?

I'm old and set in my ways. It's kids who are impressionable that I fear and already know the spread of homosexual culture is out to reach THEIR souls. It's as if everything we know about child developmental psychology and the "monkey see, monkey do" adage has been completely eradicated from our collective knowledge base...and now children are just pawns, just commodities in the LGBT quest to spread their dogma to the four corners of the world.

I submit you all don't even understand your own motivations. After last Friday's ruling, I've seen some gays who look lost now, as if the fight was what they were addicted to and like a post-op gender reassignment patient, they're waking up from the anesthesia not quite sure what all the bloodly bandages are all about..

Forum List

Back