Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Won't work at all.

You want to talk about doing something that you probably think really wouldn't work. I just started a new thread about powering the world with solar panels. Go there.

You made the claim about an economic system on this thread.

Why run away now?

I'm not running away. But this thread isn't about economics anyway. I can show you who was responsible for creating an economy that was the envy of the world. Make of it what you will.

Hitler, Time.jpg

You know nothing about the science of solar power generation. Go to Washington state and see how high the sun rises the fall, winter and early spring. Not very high and the rays are diluted by having to travel longitudely (sp) through the atmosphere.

I have a pool here in Florida and have solar collectors to heat up my enclosed pool. Works fine when the sun is out. We are closer to the equator than most of the US. However, I lived seven years in eastern Washington state. The desert side with a lot more sunshine than the west side. I had a pool and had to heat it with gas. Nobody used solar panels because they simply did not work except for a couple of months around the summer solstice. Not worth the expense.

There are very few places in the US where solar electricity generation is worthwhile. Mostly in a narrow belt in Southern California, Arizona and New Mexico.

You are really ignorant about this horseshit you are posting. Typical for a stupid Moon Bat.
You are so full of shit. We had a pool using 4 4' by 10' panels on a roof slightly tipped to the north. This is in Portland, Oregon. On a warm weekend in March, the thermostat was left off, and the pool was just left to heat however much it would. Retuned on Monday to an uncomfortably warm pool. A friend has 3.3 kw of solar on his roof, side facing East, and it not only supplies all his electricity, he received a check of $250 for the period of Jan through June for the amount of excess power he put on the line. Solar works very well at all latitudes, of course, the further you go north or south, the less you get in the winter, and more you get in the summer. As well as at the equator? No, but well enough, considering that after the initial cost, the power is free.

You are so full of shit. We had a pool using 4 4' by 10' panels on a roof slightly tipped to the north. This is in Portland, Oregon. On a warm weekend in March, the thermostat was left off, and the pool was just left to heat however much it would. Retuned on Monday to an uncomfortably warm pool. A friend has 3.3 kw of solar on his roof, side facing East, and it not only supplies all his electricity, he received a check of $250 for the period of Jan through June for the amount of excess power he put on the line. Solar works very well at all latitudes, of course, the further you go north or south, the less you get in the winter, and more you get in the summer. As well as at the equator? No, but well enough, considering that after the initial cost, the power is free.
you are a filthy liar, where is your link

Not about economics, but you brought it up.

And now you're running away. LOL!
The economics of transporting massive amounts of goods by road is just too expensive. Can't possibly be done. Then a Republican administration started building the Interstate System. Guess what happened to that too expensive to transport goods long distance on roads.

The economics of transporting massive amounts of goods by road is just too expensive. Can't possibly be done. Then a Republican administration started building the Interstate System. Guess what happened to that too expensive to transport goods long distance on roads.
another filthy lie by old crock

of course, for solar, no expense is too much, even when it costs trillions in borrowed money.

Goofy was talking about a road building cult? LOL!

solar does not work at all, it is a subsidized tariff driven system forced upon the public, of course the stupid believe, like old crock.

First and foremost, the solar panels either feed into the grid, or they feed the house, no system does both.
So which is it old crock, it is obvious that you dont know shit about your neighbor. If your neighbor gets a check then none of the solar on his house provides his house energy.

We keep hearing how great solar is, but nobody is paying for the solar systems, they just opt into a government subsidized program.

Anybody you teach climate science to should be asking for their money back.

The problem with confused morons like you is that you believe all these AGW horseshit and you are not knowledgeable enough of the subject to question the basis for it.

You have ignored all the enormous evidence that much of the data is either fabricated or cherry picked.

You pretended that when the principle scientists admitted they made up the data that it didn't mean anything.

You ignored the fact that NASA, NOAA snd the UN Climate Commission got caught fabricating data.

You ignore the fact that none of the dire predictions the Wackos make ever come true.

You know nothing about the engineering aspects of wind and solar power generation. You live in la la land thinking that we can provide all the power we need with renewables and that is bullshit. Typical for the mindeset of a Moon Bat. You are detached from reality.

There is climate change but nothing significant caused by humans.

There is a tremendous amount of pollution caused by humans but it ain't changing the climate.

If you would sign up for my class I would educate on this stuff and you wouldn't be such an idiot posting your silly Environmental Wacko horseshit.

So says the Kings fool. LOL

View attachment 544616
Those charts are bullshit.

They look at optimal solar emissions when in reality it is always over estimated. By a substantial amount.

Solar is a crappy way to generate electricity. It only comes close to being feasible in a narrow band in the SW.

Lazard created that stupid chart to get investors to scam the government for subsidies.

You are the one who mentioned the fucking things and currently solar does not have the efficiency that fossil fuels have and don't even come close to nuclear. Last who the hell is going to pay for your global solar grid ?
Did I mention the dimensions of the Ringworld? Did I mention the Puppeteer's name? Perhaps you should try to stay relevant. It may make your arguments more cogent.

And, last, WE will, one way or the other.
Continued climate change will kill billions but, on the upside, killing billions will reduce greenhouse gasses.
Continued air and water pollution will render much of the planet unlivable.
As the midas guy said...
"You can pay me now or pay me later"

You tell me the same thing that other human caused global warming deniers tell me. Bullshit.
But I'm not denying it. I never have and if you're going to tell me what I said then use the quote function.

What I am saying is that solar power and batteries will never meet our current energy needs never mind the added electricity that will be needed if we want to actually be 100% fossil fuel free

Forum List

Back