Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Which should take about 30 years. Cold comfort.
OK Chicken little.

We'll be around for a lot longer than that but we will eventually do ourselves in. It's out nature.

In the tale of the frog and the scorpion we are the scorpion

You actually need more than twice as many because solar panels only have a 23% or less depending on where they are capacity rating.

IN AZ solar panels actual power output is 23% of its rated capacity so you need 4.3 times as many solar panels to have output equal rated capacity. So that little square on your map will actually need to be almost as big as the state of AZ

Oh what an idiot you are. Do you think any scientist thought that solar panels would be 100% efficient? Or even 50% efficient? They know exactly what solar panels are capable of. And they want them to work. Not sell Americans on some pipe dream for some dumbass conspiracy theory.

Oh what an idiot you are. Do you think any scientist thought that solar panels would be 100% efficient? Or even 50% efficient? They know exactly what solar panels are capable of. And they want them to work. Not sell Americans on some pipe dream for some dumbass conspiracy theory.
Really then why do they only ever quote the capacity of new installations and not the actual putput?

And what I said is the truth no conspiracy implied.

If you want 400MW of solar power in AZ you must install 1720 MW of rated capacity.

That's the fact Jack

OK Chicken little.

We'll be around for a lot longer than that but we will eventually do ourselves in. It's out nature.

In the tale of the frog and the scorpion we are the scorpion

There is nothing "chicken little" about it. You can see the effects. And the degree to which things are getting worse is accelerating.

There is nothing "chicken little" about it. You can see the effects. And the degree to which things are getting worse is accelerating.
30 years?

You really think humans are going to be extinct in 30 years?

Yeah that's Chicken Little talking

Really then why do they only ever quote the capacity of new installations and not the actual putput?

If you want 400MW of solar power in AZ you must install 1720 MW of rated capacity.

That's the fact Jack

Any solar panel puts out a specific amount of electricity while in direct sunlight. No claims of efficiency. Nobody painting some imaginary number on them with an oily finger then sprinkling fairy dust on it to make it show up. What they put out is what any sane person would say they put out. Which is the measured amount of electricity that is detected of coming out of them in direct sunlight. So if you want 400MW of electricity, you put out enough solar panels AT THEIR RATED OUTPUT to reach 400MW. And as I said, to be in the safe side, I would put out enough to create 800MW.

Listening to deniers is like listening to farts and burps. That truth aside, solar panels are reliable enough. They even work on cloudy days. Though probably not as well. 4% of the sun's light reaches the ground as ultraviolet light. 43% is visible light. Which solar panels use the most. 53% of the sun's energy is infrared. Solar panels can utilize around half of that infrared light. I think you mentioned earlier about solar panels getting hot. Being able to turn nearly half that heat into electricity, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I also stated before that we would still need a power grid. To transfer electricity from areas where it isn't cloudy to areas where it is.

Next, don't put the cart before the horse. I'm sure anybody would have waited until they started getting energy from solar or wind before they shut down and coal or nuke plants.

That truth aside, solar panels are reliable enough. They even work on cloudy days. Though probably not as well.

That is awesome! Do they work after the Sun sets?

I think you mentioned earlier about solar panels getting hot.

Nope. Not me.

I'm sure anybody would have waited until they started getting energy from solar or wind before they shut down and coal or nuke plants.

Apparently they didn't wait until they got enough from solar or wind.

LOL When I was a child, and the nuclear reactors were just in the design stage, they said they would be failsafe, and produce electricity so cheaply they wouldn't need to meter it. So today I am again hearing all that nonsense concerning reactors that are only theoretical. In the meantime, solar and wind are providing electricity at a lower cost than any fossil fuels, and at a far less cost than nuclear.

except in Europe, where the lack of wind just caused a severe shortage of energy, causing prices to rise 500%

Lower cost than fossil fuels, sure, once you ignore all the expenses in building them, get the land for free, are given billions in subsidies, and then bankrupt the company after one gets his million dollar bonus for finagling everything. Once they sell all the assets in bankruptcy court for pennies on the dollar, the new company makes a profit on state dictated contracts forced upon the public. Until the maintenance kicks in, then the company that bought the wind farm for pennies, goes bankrupt, leaving the public to dismantle and bury the rubbish. I seen it happen 3 times in california. Billions and billions it costs california, which is now suffering rising rates, highest rates in the country.

That truth aside, solar panels are reliable enough. They even work on cloudy days. Though probably not as well.

That is awesome! Do they work after the Sun sets?

I think you mentioned earlier about solar panels getting hot.

Nope. Not me.

I'm sure anybody would have waited until they started getting energy from solar or wind before they shut down and coal or nuke plants.

Apparently they didn't wait until they got enough from solar or wind.

Solar panels don't have to work after dark. That's why you store some of the energy during the day. Also, maybe because Germany started having more of a need for electricity due to industrial growth, or lighting the homes of the sand negroes they unfortunately let in.

except in Europe, where the lack of wind just caused a severe shortage of energy, causing prices to rise 500%

Lower cost than fossil fuels, sure, once you ignore all the expenses in building them, get the land for free, are given billions in subsidies, and then bankrupt the company after one gets his million dollar bonus for finagling everything. Once they sell all the assets in bankruptcy court for pennies on the dollar, the new company makes a profit on state dictated contracts forced upon the public. Until the maintenance kicks in, then the company that bought the wind farm for pennies, goes bankrupt, leaving the public to dismantle and bury the rubbish. I seen it happen 3 times in california. Billions and billions it costs california, which is now suffering rising rates, highest rates in the country.

Did I ask you this before? How much will a destroyed earth cost.

Did I ask you this before? How much will a destroyed earth cost.
The Democrats say they need another $100 trillion to destroy the earth by manufacturing billions of tons of natural resources, stuff like oil and coal, into wind turbines and solar panels. That is on top of the trillion dollars they have already spent on solar and wind.

The Democrats say they need another $100 trillion to destroy the earth by manufacturing billions of tons of natural resources, stuff like oil and coal, into wind turbines and solar panels. That is on top of the trillion dollars they have already spent on solar and wind.

Sorry. Just can't bring myself to take the word of a denier.

That's the fact Jack
And we are to take your word for that? LOL Give us a credible source for that.

It has been proven many times over to you personally, old crock.

It is called capacity factor

Monthly generator capacity factor data now available by fuel and technology - Today in ...

In the past, EIA published annual capacity factors for only a few fuel types, and several renewable fuel types were aggregated. With an updated methodology and more detailed technology breakout, these new tables allow readers to distinguish between generators having different roles within the electric power system. Baseload generators, like nuclear units, typically have high capacity factors ...

Any solar panel puts out a specific amount of electricity while in direct sunlight. No claims of efficiency. Nobody painting some imaginary number on them with an oily finger then sprinkling fairy dust on it to make it show up. What they put out is what any sane person would say they put out. Which is the measured amount of electricity that is detected of coming out of them in direct sunlight. So if you want 400MW of electricity, you put out enough solar panels AT THEIR RATED OUTPUT to reach 400MW. And as I said, to be in the safe side, I would put out enough to create 800MW.
Then tell me why do people use installed capacity instead of actual output.

And you're wrong. rated capacity and ACTUAL OUTPUT are 2 entirely different things.

So when you say that your little square of solar panels could power the entire country you don't know what your talking about.

Gee i thought you were the wind and solar sage of the n=message board and yet you don't know what capacity factor is?

if we install 10 solar panels rated at 250 watts each, we will have a capacity of 2500 watts, or 2.5 kW. However, determining the actual output from these panels is much more challenging

To illustrate how location impacts capacity factor, consider a 10 kW system installed in Phoenix (AZ) vs. Seattle (WA). With a Solar Score of 84, Phoenix has a very high solar energy potential. Using Sunmetrix Discover for Phoenix, we can see that this system would generate about 20,500 kWh of electricity during the year. If it were to run non-stop, 24/7 at peak capacity of 10 kW, it would have generated 24 x 365 x 10 = 87,600 kWh. Dividing 20,500 by 87,600 gives us a capacity factor of about 23%. With a Solar Score of 43, Seattle is an entirely different story. Here, a 10 kW system would generate about 14,000 kWh during the year. Consequently, the capacity factor of the solar energy system here is much lower than that of Phoenix at about 16%.

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042
Any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation that does not heat the surface of the planet.

I can't think of a better way to usher in the next glacial cycle than the widespread use of solar panels.

That comes straight from the democrats mouth as well as the democrats websites. I can cite AOC, the democrat congress woman or direct you to ceres which is the green energy industry advocate/financer.
Then do so, because your word is worthless, you are a proven liar.

Forum List

Back