Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Same study. Same bias.

I know. Your sources.

I can't help you if you don't understand the first and second laws of thermodynamics.

So post 3 sources that help your claim.
Or explain why your claim doesn't violate the first and second law.

I know. Your sources.

I can't help you if you don't understand the first and second laws of thermodynamics.

So post 3 sources that help your claim.
Or explain why your claim doesn't violate the first and second law.
It's no different using geologic record data from sites to show the earth is cooling rather than warming even though those sites conclude the earth is warming.

If you can explain why running current thru a wire doesn't heat the earth.......please do so.
I am trying to answer your question but it requires you to acknowledge that you believe our current electric usage - which is overwhelmingly from fossil fuels - is causing the planet to warm. Well do you?

I am trying to answer your question but it requires you to acknowledge that you believe our current electric usage - which is overwhelmingly from fossil fuels - is causing the planet to warm. Well do you?

You posted 3 links.
One said solar panels heat the planet. Two said they're a wash.
You can't find any that say they cool the Earth?
That's hilarious!!

Great. Any engineering links that don't disagree with your claim?

:laughing0301:
You mean besides there's no heat budget for electricity used?

1632186630370.png

Any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation which does not heat the surface of the earth.

Still waiting for your proof...........
I just gave it to you in my last post. They aren't accounting for electricity usage in the earth's heat budget.

1632187013187.png

I just gave it to you in my last post. They aren't accounting for electricity usage in the earth's heat budget.

View attachment 541986

1632186997273.png

Second link.....While the black surfaces of solar panels absorb most of the sunlight that reaches them, only a fraction (around 15 percent) of that incoming energy gets converted to electricity. The rest is returned to the environment as heat. The panels are usually much darker than the ground they cover, so a vast expanse of solar cells will absorb a lot of additional energy and emit it as heat, affecting the climate.

You see where your second link said will absorb a lot of additional energy

Do you need me to show where your other two links also disagreed with your claim?

They aren't accounting for electricity usage in the earth's heat budget.

So the heat budget doesn't help your claim either.

View attachment 541987

Second link.....While the black surfaces of solar panels absorb most of the sunlight that reaches them, only a fraction (around 15 percent) of that incoming energy gets converted to electricity. The rest is returned to the environment as heat. The panels are usually much darker than the ground they cover, so a vast expanse of solar cells will absorb a lot of additional energy and emit it as heat, affecting the climate.

You see where your second link said will absorb a lot of additional energy

Do you need me to show where your other two links also disagreed with your claim?

They aren't accounting for electricity usage in the earth's heat budget.

So the heat budget doesn't help your claim either.
You don't have a background in science, do you?

You don't have a background in science, do you?

Still no backup? LOL!

Why don't you list all the things in your house that don't warm the environment when they use electricity?

Come on, you're an engineer, you must have dozens of examples.

Still no backup? LOL!

Why don't you list all the things in your house that don't warm the environment when they use electricity?

Come on, you're an engineer, you must have dozens of examples.
I already showed it to you.

I am still scratching my head at you believing using electricity is warming the planet but there it is.

I am still scratching my head at you believing using electricity is warming the planet but there it is.

Unless there is an arrow there for solar panels......you're still failing.

I am still scratching my head at you believing using electricity is warming the planet

Unless you've repealed the Second Law, you're still failing.

Maybe your links were wrong?

1632188200371.png

1632188290434.png

Unless there is an arrow there for solar panels......you're still failing.

I am still scratching my head at you believing using electricity is warming the planet

Unless you've repealed the Second Law, you're still failing.

Maybe your links were wrong?

View attachment 541990
View attachment 541991
So when did you first start believing that usage of electricity caused the planet to warm because this is the first time I have heard about that.

So when did you first start believing that usage of electricity caused the planet to warm because this is the first time I have heard about that.

Come on, use your engineering experience.

Forum List

Back