Post your Pantry Raid recipes

Just last nite I fixed the ex-wife and I Sawmill Gravy with Biscuits... During my prep I thought to myself what a fine meal and cheap also... I would share my recipe, but I would have to dispatch anyone who reads and retains the secret ingredients...

View attachment 315786

Pssssst........that was last nights supper, and a couple leftover biscuits with homemade strawberry jam for breakfast. YUM

Tortilla soup

1 can jalapeño
1 can chicken stock
1 can corn (drained)
1 can pinto beans (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (any variety)
1 large can chicken (drained)

Combine in large pot and heat for 10/15 min. Season with any spices you have on hand. Add water if needed.

Can serve with any add ins:

Sour Cream
Shredded cheese
Avocados
Onion
Tortilla chips

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

2 cans cream of chicken soup (or mushroom soup)
1 can mushrooms
1 can green chilies ( two if you like spicy)
1 pk corn tortillas
1 pk cheese.

Season with whatever spices you have on hand.

in sauce pan heat soup,chilies,mushrooms.

in a baking dish layer corn tortillas. Then a layer of soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.

bake 375 for 20 min or until bubbly.

Green Bean Casserole/ Shepard’s Pie

1 lb hamburger
1 can tomato soup
1 can green beans or mixed veggies for shepherds pie version.
1 pk instant mashed potatoes

Cook hamburger ( drain ) mix in soup and veggies.

Prepare mashed potatoes according to pkg directions
Transfer hamburger mixture to baking dish,top with potatoes and bake. 375 for 20/30 min or until potatoes are lightly browned.

Tortilla soup

1 can jalapeño
1 can chicken stock
1 can corn (drained)

Combine in large pot and heat for 10/15 min. Season with any spices you have on hand. Add water if needed.

Sour Cream
Shredded cheese
Avocados
Onion
Tortilla chips
But we want to avoid shopping trips the best we can, so the idea is to use the least amount of our stored stock and not use it all on one recipe.
:)

Tortilla soup

1 can jalapeño
1 can chicken stock
1 can corn (drained)

Sour Cream
Shredded cheese
Avocados
Onion
Tortilla chips
But we want to avoid shopping trips the best we can, so the idea is to use the least amount of our stored stock and not use it all on one recipe.
:)

Well it makes quite a bit. You can eat some and freeze the rest for later.

Pizza bagel:

deli meat, or pepperoni, or breakfast sausage.
half a bagel.
cheese. Choose which you want.
toast bagel. Put cheese on top. Add meat/ mushrooms, olives, whatever sounds good.
Nuke for 10 seconds til cheese is melted.

Eat.

Indian fry bread/Navajo tacos

Fry bread.....

About 3 Cups flour
2 Tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbls oil
Enough warm water to make a dough (1 to 2 cups)

Mix & knead the dough about 5 minutes, adding a bit of flour if needed to keep it from being sticky. Pinch off a dozen pieces & roll into a ball & let rest about 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile heat about an inch or so of oil in a pan till hot. Roll out or stretch a piece of dough till flat & thin, maybe 1/4 inch thick or less. Carefully lower into hot oil. Poke any bubbles that form. Cook just a few minutes until the underside is golden brown. Turn & cook the other side. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with each piece of dough...…..roll out or stretch, fry, turn, fry, drain.

Then top with taco meat (can be mixed with beans), shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and cheese. Drizzle with some Hispanic sour or table cream

eta...….same fry bread or any leftover breads can also be eaten with cinnamon/sugar sprinkled on, or drizzled with honey

Fry bread.....

About 3 Cups flour
2 Tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbls oil

Mix & knead the dough about 5 minutes, adding a bit of flour if needed to keep it from being sticky. Pinch off a dozen pieces & roll into a ball & let rest about 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile heat about an inch or so of oil in a pan till hot. Roll out or stretch a piece of dough till flat & thin, maybe 1/4 inch thick or less. Carefully lower into hot oil. Poke any bubbles that form. Cook just a few minutes until the underside is golden brown. Turn & cook the other side. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with each piece of dough...…..roll out or stretch, fry, turn, fry, drain.

Then top with taco meat (can be mixed with beans), shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and cheese. Drizzle with some Hispanic sour or table cream

eta...….same fry bread or any leftover breads can also be eaten with cinnamon/sugar sprinkled on, or drizzled with honey
Made me think of beer bread.

Fry bread.....

About 3 Cups flour
2 Tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbls oil

I don't know about beer bread, never tried it...…but the fry bread is awesome

Fry bread.....

About 3 Cups flour
2 Tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbls oil

I don't know about beer bread, never tried it...…but the fry bread is awesome
I love fry bread. Indian tacos are one of my faves.

You can get a lot of meals out of those boxes of fish sticks if you try things like this:
Cook only 4 sticks per serving in an air fryer (380 10 minutes), cut into pieces and place on a bed of rice with cauliflower and drizzle a spicy orange mayo(great value boom boom shrimp sauce) on the fish pieces. You will not be able to tell that it is not fried shrimp, because the sauce is the focal point and the airfryer fish is the matching texture.
Scallions if you have them can be cut up and used in this dish as well. Instead of rice, sometimes cuts of Romain lettuce is used as the bed to place the fish on, but because of our situations to not shop often, lettuce is not priority in shopping for long sustaining edibles.

Forum List

Back