Post your COVID illness and death experiences for a COVID reality test

Problem with the mask issue when it comes to children in school....

Leaving it up to parent's might not be a good thing, because it causes problems among the children where as one child is wearing a mask by parental order, and 5 children aren't wearing a mask by parental order. What then ?

As we all know, children are brutal when it comes to "I'm better than you are or are you sick or something or what, maybe you are weak or something" ????

Maybe it best not to have these mandates at all, and to better yet focus on treatments instead ??

What say you all ??

Wearing masks is a detriment to children, IMO.

Well, that is a good thing.
Glad to hear it.

But, it is just a single view....through YOUR soda straw. That's not a dismissal, rather, just a caution that ONE person's experience may or may not be extrapolated to a larger group.

There are many many other experiences that, no doubt, differ.

For me personally, through MY soda straw.... I know well over a dozen....hell, probably 20+ who have tested positive. Most were sick enough to stay home and take it easy. Some showed no symptoms nor felt any, they motored along just fine, thank you very much.

But, all of those who did get sick informed it was like a bad flu.....in varying degrees, some for two days, others for 4 days of misery. None of them were hospitalized. Nobody reports being a 'long hauler'.

But I did have an old neighbor from an earlier home who got it and died. She was in her early '80' and had underlying issues.....overweight being most prominent.

Both my bride and me are vaccinated.
Most everybody....hell, it's gotta be 90+% of the folks we associate with, all seniors....... are vaccinated.

The ones who I know who refuse to get vaccinated are folks in their 40's and 50's.

Some of them I like, associate with, and respect. Others are just dumbasses in many aspects of life, so if they get infected, it will not be a surprise.

Your response implies there's not a very good reason to take their miracle shot. Looks like a flu shot to me.

Speak of vaccines, what does this mean, anyone? The protections offered by Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine against the Delta variant of the virus that causes Covid-19 drop over three months, according to a study published Thursday by scholars at Oxford University in England. :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
"implies not a very good reason to take their miracle shot."

If you believe it implies that then that is a misperception.
There is certainly no intention on my part to signal such.

In fact, I'm pro-Vax, with the thinking that the polio I witnessed as a child didn't go away by itself.
The scourge of smallpox ---that I thankfully never witnessed ----didn't go away by itself.
The challenges of diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus.......don't magically disappear by themselves.

Vaccines did that.

And too, there is much responsible reportage that informs us that America's current wave---scourge----of Covid ala' the Delta variant is really a plague on the un-vaccinated.
And too many of them are un-vaccinated because of their choice.
So be it.

Our dentist will no longer serve patients who are un-vaccinated.
Which I'm glad of.

Let such people be served only by un-vaccinated dentists.

What could go wrong?

Wearing masks is a detriment to children, IMO.
I think so too. The adults are the one's that's scared to death of them, so they are trying to protect themselves from them by making them mask up. Like the medical industry, the teachers can get their jab, and leave the children alone.

My grands all go to private school, and last year they social distanced, washed their hands, and wore mask in congested situations or areas. They only had one incident of Covid, and it was an adult that got sick. They closed the school for a few days to clean it, and it went right back into action. Mask were only worn in congested situations, and not always throughout the day.

In fact, I'm pro-Vax, with the thinking that the polio I witnessed as a child didn't go away by itself.
The scourge of smallpox ---that I thankfully never witnessed ----didn't go away by itself.
The challenges of diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus.......don't magically disappear by themselves.

Vaccines did that.

And too, there is much responsible reportage that informs us that America's current wave---scourge----of Covid ala' the Delta variant is really a plague on the un-vaccinated.
So be it.

Which I'm glad of.

What could go wrong?
If the vaccines work, then why are your dentist denying patient's care if they are vaccinated ??? So your whole post is ridiculous. This thing is being taken way to far. My family members just got over the DV, and so did two more complete families I know, so now they all have natural immunity now. Good for them.

It's like a bad cold with cough and fever associated with it. My 80 year old aunt survived the COVID-19, and she still don't wear mask, social distance or anything. And yes she has co-mobilities, but she's still here. She'll put a mask on if a store or business requires it, but that's it.

Just like the Democrat's do with everything, they use these issues to separate people or force people into compliance for reasons that become political or that are political.

Vaccine's work, but then they don't work, but now people need a booster, and natural immunity isn't considered, get the jab to be accepted, hypocrisy on steroids, everyone is being played, no one trust anything, no talk of treatment's after contact, now the shot's aren't working, shut downs are inevitable, mask are inevitable, no normalcy in anything anymore. Good grief.

Live my life as normal as I can, and it works for me, and so far everyone around me seems to be living normal again, and it's been great. If scared get the jab, but leave everyone else alone is the way most people think. If scared about getting it, then mask up or stay home. Leave those who aren't sick alone, and let them live their lives. Gotta becareful of government forcing compliance as a show of class unity (no one to feel left out), otherwise as the government ignores the science forcing rules on everyone in a blanketing form or way.

If the vaccines work, then why are your dentist denying patient's care if they are vaccinated ??? So your whole post is ridiculous.

It appears, poster beagle, you have misread my post.....at least in part..

So lemme repeat what I wrote earlier: "Our dentist will no longer serve patients who are un-vaccinated."

Hope that clarifies for you and maybe others.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I believe this bears repeating:

"....the polio I witnessed as a child didn't go away by itself.

Vaccines did that."

That may be "ridiculous" to you.
So be it. You be you.
But I'll stick with my belief that vaccines to protect humanity are a good thing.

"And still we have the flu and the common cold. Which, BTW, are not nearly as deadly as those defeated diseases that you listed."

Ummm, OK.
I guess.

Are you saying that because we haven't completely eradicated the numerous strains of influenza or the common cold that vaccines are worthless?

Or, that you would prefer that polio and smallpox had not been addressed with vaccines?

Just what is the message you are trying to communicate?

Speak of

Vaccines did that.

So be it.

Which I'm glad of.

What could go wrong?

Not at all...............

First you explained how you know lots of people who had COVID and all but one recovered, and the one was in their 80s and had underlying issues.

Then you go on to contradict the circumstances by suggesting the vaccine is necessary.

Then you go onto explain how dentists require their patients to have shots for no other reason then their unscientific fears.

Have you scheduled your appt. for a booster shot yet? You're going to "need" it.

Last edited:

So lemme repeat what I wrote earlier: "Our dentist will no longer serve patients who are un-vaccinated."

Vaccines did that."

So be it. You be you.
But I'll stick with my belief that vaccines to protect humanity are a good thing.
No let me clarify - Why are your dentist denying patient care if they as dentist are vaccinated ???

Here’s 2 groups where no one gets it and definitely doesn’t die from it:

Homeless
Amish

What do those 2 groups have in common?

Vaccines did that."

So be it. You be you.
Can't say much for the professionalism of your dentist. Re: vaccines for smallpox and polio, they were vaccines. This covid jab is NOT a vaccine. It does NOT provide immunity or prevent the spread. It lessens the severity if you choose to believe the CDC. I was virtually unaffected by Covid and survived quite well. I won't be getting their experimental jab and if I come across a health care provider like your dentist, I will find another. I want a doctor who takes his oath seriously and leaves politics out of it.

vaccines are worthless?
Not vaccines--this covid jab is not a vaccine--it is an experiment. It has no relationship to a vaccine other than the delivery. Vaccines use dead virus to defeat the disease--MRNA does not work that way. I have natural immunity from the virus, I don't need some whack job experiment.

We both had it last November.
Bonzi got it, then my symptoms started 3 days later.
1) She works in a medical office. Undoubtedly where she caught it,
I have permanent scarring on both my lungs, minor but scarred tissue never heals... so there is that.
I don't personally know of anyone who was hospitalized with Covid, let alone die. But both my kids are respiratory therapist in major hospitals.... they witnessed many deaths.

I've known two people that had to be hospitalized with COVID. One was dying without COVID @ 89 years old, and the second one, today, is fully vaccinated. She's in her 50s.

Forum List

Back