Post your COVID illness and death experiences for a COVID reality test

Three summers and the number is still.....

In Feb 2020 about 20 of our friends were at my daughter's house for a birthday party. Every one of us had a mild case of what we thought was flu for about a week. Only one guy was sick enough to go to the hospital for a week. He tested for Covid. As of this day none of our group has had "THE SHOT" and two of the women are RNs.

I know many people personally who have had Covid over the last 3 years. No one in my immediately family got it until my oldest son got it when his Independent League baseball team got it. And everyone on the team including the coaches got it. But they kept playing ball so it must not have been that serious. Recently two couples I know in their 60s got it. One couple got fairly sick and took about a month to feel somewhat normal. They aren't quite up to our 1 hour walk, so they must still feel weak.

As for me I've had no vax, no illness, no tests, and only mask when the rules dictate it.

No one I know required hospitalization or oxygen.

My neighbor's brother "died of covid". He had leukemia.

Well I finally got it this last July, that's what I get for going to California, figures. I had a temperature for 4 days, though it regressed each day following the 2nd. The last two without advil, and really I didn't take much beforehand, maybe 4-5 doses. It was 103.7 at it's worst, which was the 2nd day. I probably made it worse having worked through the first day in the trenches, fucking rats. For what worth my temp runs a degree less than average. A high temp regardless, but I didn't feel that bad somehow. I've felt much worse with "the flu".

I've never been vaccinated

My neighbor's brother "died of covid". He had leukemia.

Well I finally got it this last July, that's what I get for going to California, figures. I had a temperature for 4 days, though it regressed each day following the 2nd. The last two without advil, and really I didn't take much beforehand, maybe 4-5 doses. It was 103.7 at it's worst, which was the 2nd day. I probably made it worse having worked through the first day in the trenches, fucking rats. For what worth my temp runs a degree less than average. A high temp regardless, but I didn't feel that bad somehow. I've felt much worse with "the flu".

I've never been vaccinated
You were lucky. About a million other Americans weren’t

Only include people who you have/had contact with often, such as family, friends, co-workers. No hearsay, friends of friends blah blah blah. There's a politic aspect to a reality check, which is why I posted this here.

1. Describe your social life. so there's an understanding how many people you know and why. General terms does the trick.

2. Placeholder to describe those who were diagnosed with COVID whether they were sick or not.

3. Placeholder to describe those who died of COVID whether it's BS or not.

4. Placeholder to describe those who had a reaction to the "vaccine".

1. I'm retired. I know a lot of people, but generally keep to myself, the world frightens me ;) In other terms very little social life pending the end of a rather large project. Big family, my kids have many friends who I know well.

2. Yeah I was probably sick with it Dec. 2019. Two of three kids had it, a girlfriend, a niece & nephew, and perhaps another 10-13 people were diagnosed with it, not a large number, maybe 5% of the people I know, max.

3. One supposedly died of it, listed 3rd of five reasons for his passing, which is good enough to report it a COVID death. It was BS, the guy had heart/lung, older than dirt and smoked 82 years, dementia etc. He said fuck it and checked out, COVID served the numbers.

4. Last I knew one had headaches ever since the shot lasting months. Another 2-3 had negative reactions.
My dad died

You were lucky. About a million other Americans weren’t

1668722201747.png

As did a very good friend of mine. Another friend stroked out and almost died.

I personally know of about 10 people who lost parents and family members to it.
They most likely had standing issues

My co-worker's wife died of COVID. Your excuses are getting tiresome.
Did she have pre existing condition? you know, like heart issue, diabetes or cancer or any other life threatening illness? You know, that was the majority of deaths from the all the old folks homes. Everyone just using wuhan to show the idiots it's severe. It wasn't anything other than the flu. Failure to treat all other serious conditions during the pandemic was truly sad, and you accepted it I guess. That's sad.

Forum List

Back