Post your car questions here

Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'll check it this weekend (after the rain passes) and order the CPS if the other one checks bad.
Thanks again!

$26 at AutoZone. No need to have one shipped in.

I'm ASE certified Master Tech , and in an effort to try to clean up the image some of you all seem to have about "mechanics" if you post a question here you will know that any answer I give you will be free of motivation to rip you off as you aren't likely to be my customer.

As today's cars are much more sophisticated than their predecessors one really needs seek expert advice before fiddling with anything or trusting their vehicle to someone who may not be qualified just to save a few dollars.

Ask anything I'll do my best to help you. Although obviously diagnostic abilities are limited without having the vehicle in front of me.

I have a 2010 Chevy Avalanche. It is paid for. I've noticed that ever since I got the title to it in the mail after the loan was paid off that it drives just wonderful. Why is it that a car that is paid for drives so much better than one that you owe money on?

Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'll check it this weekend (after the rain passes) and order the CPS if the other one checks bad.
Thanks again!

I quit going to AutoZone along time ago because half their stuff was cheap crap.

I like NAPA much better.......... :cool:

We don't have a local NAPA, and AutoZone kisses my ass lol. But you DO have to be careful about the Duralast parts. Some are good, some are not.

The nearest Autozone is 25 miles away but we have a NAPA store just down the street. Only problem is that the NAPA site only shows the CPS wiring harness repair kit, not the CPS itself. Autozone has it (Durolast) in stock for $21.99.

The nearest Autozone is 25 miles away but we have a NAPA store just down the street. Only problem is that the NAPA site only shows the CPS wiring harness repair kit, not the CPS itself. Autozone has it (Durolast) in stock for $21.99.

Napa has that, it' a very common part

MPE CSS406SB is the part number

$19.35

I quit going to AutoZone along time ago because half their stuff was cheap crap.

We don't have a local NAPA, and AutoZone kisses my ass lol. But you DO have to be careful about the Duralast parts. Some are good, some are not.

Airtex and another brand I can't remember (possibly duralast) make the shittiest fucking fuel pumps I've ever had the displeasure of using.

They're notorious for failing after about 6 months.

I don't get why consumers continue to give these companies credibility by buying those pieces of shit. I guess it's becuase the difference in price between them and the OEM part is a couple hundred dollars :lol:

Airtex and another brand I can't remember (possibly duralast) make the shittiest fucking fuel pumps I've ever had the displeasure of using.

I don't get why consumers continue to give these companies credibility by buying those pieces of shit. I guess it's becuase the difference in price between them and the OEM part is a couple hundred dollars :lol:

Diuraast doesn't make fuel pump. Oh and we ONLY install AirTex fuel pumps. Probably do 10 a month. We buy them through AutoZone, their warranty is outstanding, and includes a labor reimbursement if we do have to warranty the part. We've warrantied one in the last 2 1/2 years.

Diuraast doesn't make fuel pump. Oh and we ONLY install AirTex fuel pumps. Probably do 10 a month. We buy them through AutoZone, their warranty is outstanding, and includes a labor reimbursement if we do have to warranty the part. We've warrantied one in the last 2 1/2 years.
Yeah I don't remember the other brand off the top of my head. But I've had an Airtex fail in 6 months, and the other brand one fail in 6 months too. Airtex was in a Taurus and the other was in an S10.

I did them both myself, but had originally asked a shop to install the Airtex one bc I didn't really have the time, but I didn't like the price. And the guy told me the same thing about the Airtex pumps, 6 months...year tops.

Everyone's mileage varies though of course.

Look for a CPS from AC Delco

ac delco? He has a Ford product. He'd be looking for a Motorcraft part if anything.

ac delco? He has a Ford product. He'd be looking for a Motorcraft part if anything.
My bad.......yes, he should check for the CPS from Motorcraft......better quality....... :cool:

My bad.......yes, he should check for the CPS from Motorcraft......better quality....... :cool:

Eh, debatable. We put in literally dozens of CPS's and always just use Duralast, rarely have a problem.

And our local Ford Dealership is manned by morons it's nearly impossible to get the right part from them.

$19.35

I went to my local NAPA dealer's website and entered the part number above. It says they have it in stock for $23.00. The nearest other auto parts store is another 15 miles away, and with the way gas prices are rising, I'd have to be some kind of fool to drive all over town trying to save a dollar. My parents didn't raise me to be a fool.

If I had known I could get this much help here, I'd have come to you guys weeks ago.
Thanks

$19.35

I went to my local NAPA dealer's website and entered the part number above. It says they have it in stock for $23.00. The nearest other auto parts store is another 15 miles away, and with the way gas prices are rising, I'd have to be some kind of fool to drive all over town trying to save a dollar. My parents didn't raise me to be a fool.

If I had known I could get this much help here, I'd have come to you guys weeks ago.
Thanks

No problem manm I really feel thats your problem

Exactly. If the difference was even 50% I would happily go to the dealer for OEM parts. But I know for my VW, the difference is sometimes 2-300%. As an example brake rotors from Auto Zone or Napa, $40. From the VW dealer, $120.

Of course anyone who has used those Auto Zone rotors will tell you they are shit. But when you can put 3 of them on for the price of 1 from the dealer....

I usually try to get my parts online and can often find the OEM brands a lot cheaper than dealer parts.

$19.35

Listen to Conhog, he has a ferrarri! :eusa_liar:

Exactly. If the difference was even 50% I would happily go to the dealer for OEM parts. But I know for my VW, the difference is sometimes 2-300%. As an example brake rotors from Auto Zone or Napa, $40. From the VW dealer, $120.

Of course anyone who has used those Auto Zone rotors will tell you they are shit. But when you can put 3 of them on for the price of 1 from the dealer....

I usually try to get my parts online and can often find the OEM brands a lot cheaper than dealer parts.

There is a place here called BAP. They are pretty good for parts (much better than autozone or NAPa) and they give a military discount. I swear the guy behind the counter knows me by name at this point. They only deal with foreign car parts though.

Forum List

Back