Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
I'm watching videos of the insurrection at the US Capitol on Jan. 6 as I read these comments. I wonder how many of you defending the Portland cops are willing to provide similar support for the Capitol cops who had the shit beaten out of them as they defended the United States on Jan. 6.

What do you have to say to Officer Goodman, Officer Fanone, the family of Officer Sicknick? What should be done with this Webster, attacking police and screaming "fuck" all over the place? Should he just simply have been shot?

BTW: how can anyone forecast "upcoming riots"? If you have some advance knowledge, you should share it with law enforcement.
Show us the video of the Capitol cops being assaulted.

If they are unable to act within the law they should resign. Good on them.
I’m not familiar with the case. Tell us what the cop did.
Or is every prosecution only against guilty people?
Be careful how you answer that, because it may not fit your narrative nor reality.

I have no idea. He is being prosecuted for assault. The force resigned over that. If they do not support the process, like I said, resign, it's the thing to do.
So you have no idea but assume guilt just because he’s a cop.
There you have it folks, Leftardism in full glory.

I assumed nothing. I never said he was guilty. I commented on the idea that if you are not willing to live within the laws set up, the correct thing to do is resign.

But when you can't actually address what I say, make up a position for me for you to argue against so you think you accomplished something.

The officer will get due process.
They didn't resign because they knew they couldn't live within the law. They resigned because the prosecutors are charging the cops with crimes for DOING THEIR JOBS.

You are flat out LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH to justify your asinine position.
1 cop hit the head with a Banton.

anyway they were a volunteer force , and they are still working for city police,
why were they a volunteer force??

You don't like the laws of the state, move!!

Seems many agree with you as blue states are bleeding residents. It's so bad in Chicago's hone state that their population is actually DECLINING lol
West Virginia has the highest number of people leaving the state in the US I guess you are ignorant of that fact

I don't see WV even in the top 10

Funny how citizens are fleeing Democrat regions to Conservative regions.
Listening to Leftards it should be the other way around.

"When that line is crossed, and a police officer's use of force is excessive and lacks a justification under the law, the integrity of our criminal justice system requires that we as prosecutors act as a mechanism for accountability,"

Portland police officer indicted on assault charge over alleged use of force at George Floyd protest

It seemed he smacked a member of the press upside her head with his baton while she was trying to record what was going on. He was not in any way defending himself.
She was a rioter. Disobeying a legal order. In my view he meant to shove her.

She called him a faggot. She should be charged with a hate crime.

More evidence of how corrupt, out of control and cowardly most cops are.

Fuck you, negro.

It's quite telling that you demean the police, yet you support those who would hurl frozen water bottles at those same police.

Maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to catch one of those bottles broadside, and you'll understand why these brave cops are leaving Portland to fend for itself...
I hope the racist piece of shit fucks with the cops when he's getting arrested and gets shot about 20 times. You know damn well he's a habitual criminal. You can tell by his punk ass attitude.

"When that line is crossed, and a police officer's use of force is excessive and lacks a justification under the law, the integrity of our criminal justice system requires that we as prosecutors act as a mechanism for accountability,"

Portland police officer indicted on assault charge over alleged use of force at George Floyd protest

It seemed he smacked a member of the press upside her head with his baton while she was trying to record what was going on. He was not in any way defending himself.
She was a rioter. Disobeying a legal order. In my view he meant to shove her.

She called him a faggot. She should be charged with a hate crime.

Definitely.

Someone throws a gasoline bomb at you/your house. You smack them around in response.

YOU somehow wind up in jail on charges rather than the aggressors.

Seems logical.... *facepalm*

Whether you understand the idea or not, laws apply to all. I find it really sad those who argue that we can't have a police force unless we are willing to allow them to violate our rights.

That is a clear sign of a failed state.
Where is the right to throw molotov cocktails at cops written, Dumbass?

I'm watching videos of the insurrection at the US Capitol on Jan. 6 as I read these comments. I wonder how many of you defending the Portland cops are willing to provide similar support for the Capitol cops who had the shit beaten out of them as they defended the United States on Jan. 6.

What do you have to say to Officer Goodman, Officer Fanone, the family of Officer Sicknick? What should be done with this Webster, attacking police and screaming "fuck" all over the place? Should he just simply have been shot?

BTW: how can anyone forecast "upcoming riots"? If you have some advance knowledge, you should share it with law enforcement.
Come on. You said you were actively watching it. Show us the Capitol cops being assaulted.

I can't do it on an android. But it's all over the news this morning. Don't be lazy. It came from a cop's body cam. I'm losing patience with you imbeciles who refuse to acknowledge simple reality. Now what should be done with Webster? Now I'm hearing that the thug who invaded Pelosi's office appeared on Russian TV. It figures that the traitors were working for putin.

Be a shame if rioters show up to the Portland DA and Mayors homes next weekend.
Portlanders wanted it , they got it. And they’re going to get it deservedly so!

The Rapid Response Team, a unit within the Portland police department, voted unanimously to resign on Wednesday during a meeting with the police union. This follows the criminal indictment of an officer for assault stemming from a riot in August 2020, sources within the police bureau told The Post Millennial.

Officer Corey Budworth was on the Rapid Response Team, a group police officers that volunteer for the post, and are deployed to respond to riots, civil unrest, and demonstrations in Portland. Budworth was indicted and charged with one count of fourth degree assault, a misdemeanor by Multnomah District Attorney Mike Schmidt’s office on Tuesday.

On the night of August 18, 2020, Antifa militants threw a Molotov cocktail into the County Sheriff’s Department Headquarters as the Rapid Response Team struggled to contain the riot.

In a statement released after the indictment, Schmidt said “In this case, we allege that no legal justification existed for Officer Budworth’s deployment of force, and that the deployment of force was legally excessive under the circumstances.”

“Now that the riot team is no more, we have no clue what’s going to happen. We don’t have enough patrol officers to be pulled from the road to handle huge crowds,” a Portland police officer said. “We are only backups with no gear like the riot team has.”

This is ahead of massive demonstrations and protests that are planned for this upcoming weekend.

They are still police, right? Just not part of that special group. Their choice.

Come on. You said you were actively watching it. Show us the Capitol cops being assaulted.

Someone throws a gasoline bomb at you/your house. You smack them around in response.

Whether you understand the idea or not, laws apply to all. I find it really sad those who argue that we can't have a police force unless we are willing to allow them to violate our rights.

So you would not stand up for/defend yourself or your family/friends if it ment committing a dreaded misdemeanor.

What a pathetic individual you are

A vast meaningless generalization. A person has a right to defend themselves. You are trying to mix the legal with the illegal. There is a vast gulf between defense and assault.
So did you support the shooting of Ashli Babbot?

Go back to the original Jan 6 thread. In it I state that I saw absolutely no reason for her to have been shot and it really makes no sense to me and I"ve stated that the family deserves a better explanation than they have got so far.
Yet your boy Joe and Pelosi are covering for the Jan 6 murder of the unarmed woman.
The insurrectionist breaking thru a window to harm members of Congress....something you seem to support.

I’m not familiar with the case. Tell us what the cop did.
Or is every prosecution only against guilty people?
Be careful how you answer that, because it may not fit your narrative nor reality.
I have no idea. He is being prosecuted for assault. The force resigned over that. If they do not support the process, like I said, resign, it's the thing to do.

The District Attorney finding it easier to enforce and prosecute the law on the Police than the citizenry,
is probably what led to the them resigning.

I'm guessing you don't think Portland's District Attorney refusing to prosecute 39 cases of officers assaulted by rioters,
and then messing with a cop over a misdemeanor, had anything to do with it.

Va

So you would not stand up for/defend yourself or your family/friends if it ment committing a dreaded misdemeanor.

What a pathetic individual you are

A vast meaningless generalization. A person has a right to defend themselves. You are trying to mix the legal with the illegal. There is a vast gulf between defense and assault.
So did you support the shooting of Ashli Babbot?

Go back to the original Jan 6 thread. In it I state that I saw absolutely no reason for her to have been shot and it really makes no sense to me and I"ve stated that the family deserves a better explanation than they have got so far.
Yet your boy Joe and Pelosi are covering for the Jan 6 murder of the unarmed woman.
The insurrectionist breaking thru a window to harm members of Congress....something you seem to support.
Vandalism is a capital offense?

?? have the D.C. cops been charged with anything?

Forum List

Back