Pope Francis to liberals: How do you like me now?

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
Perhaps the liberals' honeymoon with Catholic Church is over?

As I noted last week, he's an artful politician, telling different audiences what they want to hear on homosexuality. He did that in Argentina as a cardinal -- railing against gay marriage when the Vatican expected him to do so -- and he's done that since becoming pope, striking a softer tone on the issue after Benedict's harsh denunciations were a p.r. disaster for the Catholic Church in the West.

How Pope Francis Undermined the Goodwill of His Trip and Proved to Be a Coward

The Holy See has done a good job of angering both liberals and conservatives while on his trip. It makes me like him even more. lol

Yep. People who want things both ways are often flummoxed and offended when other people play that same game.

The Holy See has done a good job of angering both liberals and conservatives while on his trip. It makes me like him even more. lol
I guess you like 2 faced liars.

I'm not happy at all that he hid the fact he supported what Kim Davis did, but in the moonbat cult of marx there is no tolerance for diverse thinking. Moonbats all march to the same beat or they're purged.

I'm not happy at all that he hid the fact he supported what Kim Davis did, but in the moonbat cult of marx there is no tolerance for diverse thinking. Moonbats all march to the same beat or they're purged.

Davis needs to do her damn job, and the Pope needs to keep better company. That's as far as it goes.

What did the Pope lie about?
Everything that he says is a lie. He's a politician masking as a servant of God. I don't know of anything more corrupt or dangerous. The worst of two worlds.

What did the Pope lie about?
Everything that he says is a lie. He's a politician masking as a servant of God. I don't know of anything more corrupt or dangerous. The worst of two worlds.

At least you're not being dramatic or anything. lol.

By the way, all Popes are politicians.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that the entire college of Cardinals has long abandoned the belief of God. The Pope is nothing more than an elected monarch, selected from amongst those who are in the business of providing the services of overseeing ceremonies for people who want to consume religious experiences.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that the entire college of Cardinals has long abandoned the belief of God. The Pope is nothing more than an elected monarch, selected from amongst those who are in the business of providing the services of overseeing ceremonies for people who want to consume religious experiences.
There is no way this pope believes in God. That's for sure.

Walking a tightrope on emotional issues, like homosexuality and SSM is a difficult proposition for public figures. My take is he cares about all people and has opened the church to everyone.

But:

He is also the leader of a very conservative group of Cardinals and the RC Church is home to parishioners who range from the very conservative to the very liberal and progressive.

His task is burdened with his profound empathy and its confluence with church doctrine. Thus I see a man seeking a path to change a church and maybe the world, replacing hate and fear with love and acceptance.

Calling Pope Francis a 2 faced liar is one more example of stinking thinking - if we can even call it thinking.

Ah. Drama.

Ah. Drama.
It's not drama. It's my opinion. I've never liked religion. I don't think God does either.

Ah. Drama.
It's not drama. It's my opinion. I've never liked religion. I don't think God does either.
Ok, I can understand that.

Unfortunately the Roman Catholic Church has corrupted the word of God for their own benefit. Nothing new.

Your God and his God are unrelated, thank God...

Forum List

Back