Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are right.

bigrebnc is wrong on fundamentalism and evangelicalism, and what he says simply does not matter.

the same with CF and Jeri on the Pope.

Creation is about the WHY not the HOW: that's where creationists fail, every time.

Well, it appears that Galileo is finally and firmly off the hook with the church. However, if things keep going like this, the Catholic faith will suffer when the Pope declares that the image that appears every night on a Hoboken garage is NOT the Virgin Mary...

from dblack? Who cares.

evangelicalism and fundamentalism and Pentecostalism are Christian heresies and some are baererly Christian: witness bigreb and Koshergrl and JimBowie.

Ever since the deficit/budget debacle and the primary losses this Spring and summer, it sure isn't Spring Time for the Tea Party.

dblack is courting me. again. same answer: no.

Go ask your pastor where you failed.

Good for this Pop and the RC on this issue.

I was in 8th Grade in 1988, so this position has been known since then, and before then.
To Catholics it was known....I was never taught to be against Science or the theory of evolution, natural selection, the age of the Earth, etc....and I am much older than you...and like you said, science is for the HOW, and religious doctrine was for the WHY.

Wait--are you saying Catholics are not christian fundamentalists?
Which means Greek Orthodox and Coptics are not, as well.

What the Hell is Christian fundamentalists is if the core branches do not form the core of it?

Boy, I think I am going to suffer a serious palm slap in the near future. A really hard splat to the face.

You demonstrate your inability to cogitate, yet again.

The evangelicals, fundamentalists, and the Pentecostals are not the core of it, hmmm.

:eusa_doh:Christian fundamentalism is a protestant movement!!

Boy, my face is stinging!!

Now I understand why I don't get CF, I was raised as a Methodist. If I was raised a Baptist, oh boy...........

So if Popes believe in evolution, How do Adam & Eve come into the picture? They evolved? Or god still plopped those two down and then evolution started? And doesn't the church believe that the world was created by god in 4004BC? Which wouldn't mesh with current evolutionary theories.

You mean God finally admitted it!?? To the Pope!!??

What took him so long?
God said, "Let there be light, and there was light".

The Big Bang!!!

The process set in motion, He sat back and watched.

That is evolution.

We can quibble over time frame, that is about all.

So if Popes believe in evolution, How do Adam & Eve come into the picture? They evolved? Or god still plopped those two down and then evolution started? And doesn't the church believe that the world was created by god in 4004BC? Which wouldn't mesh with current evolutionary theories.

It's an allegory.

:eusa_doh:Christian fundamentalism is a protestant movement!!

Boy, my face is stinging!!

Now I understand why I don't get CF, I was raised as a Methodist. If I was raised a Baptist, oh boy...........

Prevenient Grace = Methodists

Irresistible Grace = Baptists

The various sects of both denominations were big players in the American great awakenings.

Look up the professional terminology of how allegory and mythology are used to explain the beginning of human events.

Forum List

Back