Poll to condemn or condone "the violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"

Do you support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"?

• I'm a GOP voter and NO I do NOT support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I'm a GOP voter and YES I do support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • I'm a democrat and I condemn the 1/6 attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 37 35.2%

• Total voters
I don’t support the actions of any rowdy mob that damages buildings or loots and burns. Therefore I don’t support the actions of those who entered the Capitol Building on Jan 6th.

However this was no “insurrection.” The rioters did not have firearms and it appears the FBI may have been involved in setting up the riot.

You don't have to have guns to have an insurrection.. Many of them did have weapons.. and per Trump's instructions they were there to fight for their country, take back America and overturn the election.

I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.
What murder? A criminal insurgent was shot attacking the seat of our government.
An UN ARMED AMERICAN CITIZEN was SHOT DEAD, and the KILLER is in HIDING. Why is that? Who shot her?

If it's so DESERVED, then why hide the murderer?

You're out to lunch.
What murderer? A capitol police officers did his/her duty.

Police only have authority to use deadly force in defense against deadly force.
Since Ashli was incapable of threatening anyone with deadly force, then shooting her was deliberate murder and a criminal offense.
Failing to prosecute the one guilty is complicity after the fact, and is also a crime.
her mission was to go through the broken door window, and do what?

open the doors to let the other rioters who smashed the windows in to the Speaker of the House lobby???

lead the way to Pelosi, Pence, and the rest of congress critters??

What did Ashli have planned to do, once she broke in to the House lobby?

I wish she had not crawled through that smashed window.

I wish she were still alive. I wish she was not shot.

it was reported that she was shot in the shoulder, not heart or head shot. One shot to the shoulder...where the bullet travelled from there, I dunno?

it was also reported that it was not capitol police that shot her, but a Secret Service agent.

I'm thinking if it was secret service, it was likely VP Mike Pence's secret service agent since he was in the House of Reps at the time.

Wrong.
The door were not locked, but barricaded, with chairs, tables, etc.
Ashli getting to the other side would have changed nothing.
And no congress people were in the House any more.
They had left the House we know, because we saw them in the lobby a few minutes earlier, and they were leaving.
They was no one in the House anymore.
There was absolutely no reason to deny Ashli or anyone access to the House lobby or even the House itself any more.

You can see from the arm of the shooter, that he was wearing a uniform, so was a cop.
And the shot was to Ashli's neck. It cut the jugular vein. It was a throat shot, but did not have huge blood loss, so was not the carotid artery, but a vein instead.

Secret Service would not have shot her.
She was not a threat to anyone.
Secret service would more likely have just pushed her back through the window is there was any reason to even bother.
And no, Mike Pence had left like all the members of Congress had.
There was no one there but police.
Not so. Recess had been called, and many of them left immediately, but there were still plenty of House members and staffers inside the House chamber, many hiding under the desks. Others were trying to get out through the Speaker's Lobby, which is the hallway behind the chamber that she was climbing into, because the stairs down to the underground shuttle train are at the opposite end of that Lobby from where she was breaking in. You can see a few in the hallway on the videos.

You may be thinking of the Senate chamber on the other side; that's the one that people got into, climbing on the walls and sitting in the chair and so on. None of the invaders ever made it in to the House chamber, though.
I've lost count how many times I've shown this video, recorded while Benedict Babbitt was shot, and he still continues to lie by falsely claiming there was no one still inside the House chamber...

The only people you can see in that video are media, police, visitors, etc. I saw an almost empty room with fewer than a dozen people, none of whom were members of congress.

You're lying again. There are people in that video other than police.

But not any congress members.
Mostly media.
Possibly some visitors.
The one wearing the gas mask for example, clearly had plenty of time to leave, but instead wanted to be there.
The room is clearly nearly empty, and no congress members would have been allowed to stay.

You're still lying. You have no idea who those people are. But we're making progress; earlier, you said there was no one in there. Now you see who the police were protecting when they shot Ashli Targetpractice.

There was a whole additional set of barricades to get from the Speaker Lobby to actually get inside the House, so there was still no point in shooting Ashli.
The people remaining in the House wanted to be there for some reason.
They knew the protestors were going to surround the House eventually, so anyone with any concern would have been long gone by then.
The barricade Ashli was trying to cross did not lead to the House.
At best you could claim it would reduce the number of exits available from the House, closer to getting the House surrounded.
But that is all.
Nothing was gained by shooting Ashli other than the noise, which could have been accomplished by firing a warning shot into a waste can.

She was climbing thru a smashed window when she was shot.

I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.
What murder? A criminal insurgent was shot attacking the seat of our government.
An UN ARMED AMERICAN CITIZEN was SHOT DEAD, and the KILLER is in HIDING. Why is that? Who shot her?

You're out to lunch.

Since Ashli was incapable of threatening anyone with deadly force, then shooting her was deliberate murder and a criminal offense.
Failing to prosecute the one guilty is complicity after the fact, and is also a crime.

open the doors to let the other rioters who smashed the windows in to the Speaker of the House lobby???

it was reported that she was shot in the shoulder, not heart or head shot. One shot to the shoulder...where the bullet travelled from there, I dunno?

it was also reported that it was not capitol police that shot her, but a Secret Service agent.

I'm thinking if it was secret service, it was likely VP Mike Pence's secret service agent since he was in the House of Reps at the time.

Wrong.
They had left the House we know, because we saw them in the lobby a few minutes earlier, and they were leaving.
There was absolutely no reason to deny Ashli or anyone access to the House lobby or even the House itself any more.

You can see from the arm of the shooter, that he was wearing a uniform, so was a cop.
And the shot was to Ashli's neck. It cut the jugular vein. It was a throat shot, but did not have huge blood loss, so was not the carotid artery, but a vein instead.

Secret service would more likely have just pushed her back through the window is there was any reason to even bother.
Not so. Recess had been called, and many of them left immediately, but there were still plenty of House members and staffers inside the House chamber, many hiding under the desks. Others were trying to get out through the Speaker's Lobby, which is the hallway behind the chamber that she was climbing into, because the stairs down to the underground shuttle train are at the opposite end of that Lobby from where she was breaking in. You can see a few in the hallway on the videos.

You may be thinking of the Senate chamber on the other side; that's the one that people got into, climbing on the walls and sitting in the chair and so on. None of the invaders ever made it in to the House chamber, though.
Wrong.
They showed the House from inside video, and it was totally and completely empty except the 2 cops at the barricade.
Through the same window that Ashli was going to try to crawl through, we SAW the remainder of the House members leave.

But you are right that the hallway is known as the Speaker's lobby, since it is right behind the speaker's podium.

Ashli was killed in the area that is marked in red.

route-of-the-mob-of-which-Babbitt-was-part-through-the-Capitol-building.-The-red-square-is-the-location-of-the-door-1200x691.jpg
You're lying again. There were still some other people inside the House chamber...

What is the big deal?

The big deal is Rigby5 can't stop lying by denying there was anyone remaining in the House chamber when Benedict Babbitt was shot to prevent the mob from storming the chamber while lawmakers or staff were still inside.

Wrong.
The 2 cop at the barricade to the Speaker's Lobby would not let anything through at first.
Then we see congress people down at the other end of the hall, leaving.
Then a little while later, the 2 cops at the barricade to the Speaker's Lobby move aside and let the protestors do what ever they want, which include Ashli trying to crawl through the window.

Obviously these 2 cops had earphones and had been told to hold the door until the congress people had all left.
And then they clearly only moved aside after there no longer was any point to holding that barricade.
The House was empty of any members.

You're still lying. Not everyone was evacuated from the House chamber. You're also lying about what the police heard in their earpieces. In reality, you have no idea what they heard.

Regardless of your lies, I've shown you evidence that there were still some people holed up inside the House chamber when Ashli Targetpractice was shot.

You really should stop lying about this.

A few folks acting foolish is not an attack. Unless or until urban insurrection is put on equal standing, nobody should take these claims of 'attacks' on the Capitol as anything more than the political propaganda it is.
Tell that to the DoJ. They've got well over 500 of Trump's storm troopers facing jail time.
Yup, the age of political persecution has begun, thanks Biden.
LOLOL

Locking up people for breaking the law is "political prosecution" to lunatics.
It is if all the urban insurrection is not treated equally.
I can only conclude the reason you couldn't search the Internet yourself for articles like this is because you're stupid...

Urban insurrection is not being treated equally. In fact scum like VP Harris actively worked to bail out urban insurrectionists and the media has not treated her or others like her as they have treated the those fools that got in a tiff at the Capitol.

Funny how riots that evolve out of protest over local LEO's actions are now "Insurrections".

I remember the "Watts Insurrection", that was the first Insurrection I ever remember.

Then there was the LA Insurrection when the LAPD was filmed beating the shit out of some guy named Rodney. Yeah, yeah the "Rodney Insurrection" was all over the papers and news.

Remember the "Ferguson Insurrection" under Obama?

Urban Insurrections? LOL!

The VP tweeted support for a bail fund to help the poor people ..... accused of being insurrectionist I guess.......
They always were. Liberals just pretend that insurrection for racists causes they support isn't insurrection.

Sure, sure. I'd bet the Trumpybear revisionist Historians are busy at work rewriting all the History book as we speak!

There was a whole additional set of barricades to get from the Speaker Lobby to actually get inside the House, so there was still no point in shooting Ashli.
That's a lie too. There were no other barricades between Ashli Targetpractice and those people still inside the chamber. All that remained between Benedict Babbitt and entry into the House chamber was an unguarded, unbarricaded, door just feet away from her. It's in that video, ya fucking liar. You can't lie your way out of this. Had she gotten through, the mob behind her would have followed and stormed the chamber with innocent people at risk.

I don’t support the actions of any rowdy mob that damages buildings or loots and burns. Therefore I don’t support the actions of those who entered the Capitol Building on Jan 6th.

However this was no “insurrection.” The rioters did not have firearms and it appears the FBI may have been involved in setting up the riot.

You don't have to have guns to have an insurrection.. Many of them did have weapons.. and per Trump's instructions they were there to fight for their country, take back America and overturn the election.
Prove it. Are you saying our government is weak? Hahaha

A few folks acting foolish is not an attack. Unless or until urban insurrection is put on equal standing, nobody should take these claims of 'attacks' on the Capitol as anything more than the political propaganda it is.
Tell that to the DoJ. They've got well over 500 of Trump's storm troopers facing jail time.
Yup, the age of political persecution has begun, thanks Biden.
LOLOL

Locking up people for breaking the law is "political prosecution" to lunatics.
It is if all the urban insurrection is not treated equally.
I can only conclude the reason you couldn't search the Internet yourself for articles like this is because you're stupid...

Urban insurrection is not being treated equally. In fact scum like VP Harris actively worked to bail out urban insurrectionists and the media has not treated her or others like her as they have treated the those fools that got in a tiff at the Capitol.

Funny how riots that evolve out of protest over local LEO's actions are now "Insurrections".

I remember the "Watts Insurrection", that was the first Insurrection I ever remember.

Then there was the LA Insurrection when the LAPD was filmed beating the shit out of some guy named Rodney. Yeah, yeah the "Rodney Insurrection" was all over the papers and news.

Remember the "Ferguson Insurrection" under Obama?

Urban Insurrections? LOL!

The VP tweeted support for a bail fund to help the poor people ..... accused of being insurrectionist I guess.......
They always were. Liberals just pretend that insurrection for racists causes they support isn't insurrection.
Can you find anyone referring to the BLM riots as "insurrection" prior to January?
Trump offered federal support to numerous liberal urban shitholes under the auspices of anti-insurrection laws.
Post the law...

The act was last invoked in 1992 to quell the Los Angeles riots after the acquittal of four white police officers in the beating of Rodney King, a black man, and before that in 1989 during widespread looting in St. Croix, Virgin Islands, after Hurricane Hugo.

You're out to lunch.

Wrong.

I've lost count how many times I've shown this video, recorded while Benedict Babbitt was shot, and he still continues to lie by falsely claiming there was no one still inside the House chamber...

The only people you can see in that video are media, police, visitors, etc. I saw an almost empty room with fewer than a dozen people, none of whom were members of congress.

You are either a liar a dope or both.
Congresswoman Jayapal

1624467235106.jpeg

Prove it. Are you saying our government is weak? Hahaha

Your Sentinel/Revolver link is horse shit.

According to them "unindicted co-conspirators" MUST be FBI and MUST be working AS FBI agents. They have no evidence of either. Zero.

In every case they point to Oath Keepers and Proud Boys etc. who absolutely were involved in the planning and execution of the Insurrection nd ignore the fact that the Oath Keepers in particular has many current and former law enforcement members ACTING ON THEIR OWN in its ranks.

Could some FBI assholes be members of the Oath Keepers? Sure. Is it likely that the FBI as an organization condones this or even approves of that activity? Not likely at all.

There were LE and active military indicted in this incident. Is it likely that the organizations they work for approved of their activity here? No one has even hinted that to be true. Why would you accept an assertion that the FBI would then?

That's ridiculous.

Your Sentinel/Revolver link is horse shit.

According to them "unindicted co-conspirators" MUST be FBI and MUST be working AS FBI agents. They have no evidence of either. Zero.

In every case they point to Oath Keepers and Proud Boys etc. who absolutely were involved in the planning and execution of the Insurrection nd ignore the fact that the Oath Keepers in particular has many current and former law enforcement members ACTING ON THEIR OWN in its ranks.

Could some FBI assholes be members of the Oath Keepers? Sure. Is it likely that the FBI as an organization condones this or even approves of that activity? Not likely at all.

There were LE and active military indicted in this incident. Is it likely that the organizations they work for approved of their activity here? No one has even hinted that to be true. Why would you accept an assertion that the FBI would then?

That's ridiculous
Are you certain that’s ridiculou?

1624467582661.jpeg

You're out to lunch.

Wrong.

Points to you for tenacity.

Even worse, it has poisoned our democracy, eroded faith in our elections, which is so detrimental to the future faith people need to have in this democracy
Hey you want the democratic process respected. Don't cheat. That simple.
Who cheated? We simply voted.

Yet you accuse us of cheating and fraud, all because us Americans went out to vote for someone other than your Orange tinted god.

It's a shame you are so easily deluded by him....
4 states ILLEGALLY changed the requirements for voting and guess who won those states?
The changes applied to all citizens voting, both Trumpers and Bidenites. No advantage was given to one with rules not applying to others.

The changes were litigated in court. The Republican legislators and trump lawyers sued to stop the covid safety measures passed, and they lost all 60 plus tries in court. All the suits to stop the minor changes, we're rejected by the courts, with both trump picked judges, Republican picked judges and Democratic picked judges.

Only one of those cases were won in the Trump lawyer appeal. That case was settled after the certification for Biden and did not have enough votes related to it, that could have affected the winner of the election...

the American citizens who voted, followed the rules in place and ruled by the Courts, as legal changes.

that is NOT FRAUD....the voters and Secretary of states, followed the court rulings.

Even worse, it has poisoned our democracy, eroded faith in our elections, which is so detrimental to the future faith people need to have in this democracy

Yet you accuse us of cheating and fraud, all because us Americans went out to vote for someone other than your Orange tinted god.

4 states ILLEGALLY changed the requirements for voting and guess who won those states?
The changes applied to all citizens voting, both Trumpers and Bidenites. No advantage was given to one with rules not applying to others.

The changes were litigated in court. The Republican legislators and trump lawyers sued to stop the covid safety measures passed, and they lost all 60 plus tries in court. All the suits to stop the minor changes, we're rejected by the courts, with both trump picked judges, Republican picked judges and Democratic picked judges.

Only one of those cases were won in the Trump lawyer appeal. That case was settled after the certification for Biden and did not have enough votes related to it, that could have affected the winner of the election...

the American citizens who voted, followed the rules in place and ruled by the Courts, as legal changes.

that is NOT FRAUD....the voters and Secretary of states, followed the court rulings.
Hahaha haha, except republicans didn’t need to cheat

The police had no way of knowing whether the woman was armed or unarmed she was part of an armed insurrection. Please are not required to determine whether someone is armed or on arm before feeling threatened and shooting them.

The woman was violently breaking the law and attacking the capital her death may have saved the lives of those who are trying to escape the mob.

I guess we should have seen this coming -- "the only way I lose is if they cheat". No evidence, just a handy excuse.
The Cry Baby Loser's history of braying that elections are "fake" or "fixed" or "rigged" with no actual evidence certainly predates his getting the boot in 2020. He had been crapping on democracy long before that.
I'm very much looking forward to 10, 15 years down the road. I want to see what the psychological studies say about this period.

These people literally -- literally -- believe that if you're not fully on board the Trump Train™, then you must be evil. Actually evil.

Of all the people on the planet that they could fall for. How in the world does this happen?
Of all the people on the planet that they could fall for. How in the world does this happen?
Dumbfuck malcontents can’t abide whites as a minority so they hitched themselves to the one guy that may just create the conditions for them to force some sort of war that they believe will somehow set things right. For them it’s better to burn it all down rather than evolve beyond their own dumbfuckery.
Watch The Handmaid’s Tale. The parallels are chilling. They literally want to establish a totalitarian white Christian patriarchy like Gilead.
In the big picture, I think he tapped into and leverage a profound rage and paranoia that had been building for decades, due primarily to talk radio. Combining that rage and paranoia with his profound emotional issues has been absolutely toxic.
This is true. The entire pro-Trump message is aimed at appealing solely to negative emotions—besides the rage and paranoia, it stokes fear of cultural invasion, frustration at liberal policies, outrage at perceived corruption, disillusionment at so-called RINOs, even sadness at what they think is a fallen empire. Democrats do their fair share of this as well, but the Trump-right seems to do it almost all the time. And it's working.

Also, don't forget this: Trump has *unbelievable* skills on the mic. I don't know if anyone else could have convinced so many people so thoroughly in such a relatively short amount of time. It's why I'm less concerned about potential De Santis, Cotton, Haley, or Hawley runs than I am with Trump personally at the wheel.

But to implement an insurrection, you have to not just delay the election certification by a day, but prevent it permanently.
Since I did not see any sleeping bags, tents, etc., I saw nothing to indicate this was a permanent attempt, but just headlines grandstanding for a single day. And I see no harm in that. In fact, I kind of like that, even though I totally disagree with their beliefs, values, etc.
In fact, I wish all different opinions and views got similar face time on a regular basis.

Hahaha haha, except republicans didn’t need to cheat
oh come on.... Trump is the master of cheating and getting away with it.

Just ask Kamala, Biden, the MSM and the rest of the D.C. swamp rats.
Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, responded on Monday to recent incidents of violence in which at least three people have died during clashes between the president's supporters and anti-racism protester.

"Rioting is not protesting. Looting is not protesting. Setting fires is not protesting. None of this is protesting. It's lawlessness, plain and simple."

"Ask yourself: Do I look like a radical socialist with a soft spot for rioters? Really? I want a safe America, safe from COVID, safe from crime and looting, safe from racially motivated violence, safe from bad cops."

naw, the demofks said protests are protests.

Protesting to uphold or demand democratic ideals is a good thing, sometimes even if it becomes violent.

Violent protests to tear down our democratic institutions *in progress*, is criminal.
Also, showing up to riot, loot, and burn, without a care toward politics at all, is lawlessness.

If that hasn't been the consistent message, it should be.

But to implement an insurrection, you have to not just delay the election certification by a day, but prevent it permanently.
Since I did not see any sleeping bags, tents, etc., I saw nothing to indicate this was a permanent attempt, but just headlines grandstanding for a single day. And I see no harm in that. In fact, I kind of like that, even though I totally disagree with their beliefs, values, etc.
In fact, I wish all different opinions and views got similar face time on a regular basis.
Attempted soft coup. It does not have to be successful....

You're out to lunch.

Wrong.

You are either a liar a dope or both.
Congresswoman Jayapal

View attachment 504707

I do not recognize Jaypal, but why would she still be there?
Makes no sense.
Everyone else obviously was smart enough to leave.
And Ashli's attempt to get to the Speaker Lobby would still not have gained her any access to the actual House.
There was still yet another set of barricades protestors would have to cross.

The police had no way of knowing whether the woman was armed or unarmed she was part of an armed insurrection. Please are not required to determine whether someone is armed or on arm before feeling threatened and shooting them.

The woman was violently breaking the law and attacking the capital her death may have saved the lives of those who are trying to escape the mob.

The same could be said of any visitor to congress, that the police has no way of knowing if they aer armed or unarmed.
So then NO, the police ARE required by law to determine a visible weapon before shooting.
Feeling threatened is not sufficient.

Breaking a window is "violently breaking the law", but is insufficient grounds for shooting someone.
There was no one who had not already escaped if they had wanted to.
There no longer was any point in defending that barricade any more.
Otherwise the police would not have moved aside.
That is UNLESS, the intent was to deliberately shoot and kill Ashli, as an example?
But that would then be 1st degree murder.

Forum List

Back