CDZ POLL: The "Is It Racist" Quiz

Which comments are racist?

• Total voters
Context is needed...I think the birther crap is racist...I think criticism of Obamacare is not.

you forgot stating facts is surely racist
such as:
blacks commit murder at a much higher rate than whites
blacks commit hate crimes at over TWICE the rate of whites
--the big one--blacks graduate at lower levels
etc
I've been on other forums [ and on USMB ]--when you state facts = racist
and then they try to DENY the FACTS!! hahahahahah
It is when its not facts....and intent matters a great deal. Why do some work so hard to find, cherry pick or distort info just to disparage, discredit or demonize another group? Intent not the words themselves are what makes something racist.

Context is needed...I think the birther crap is racist...I think criticism of Obamacare is not.
I don't see the birther crap as racist. No one is saying that he is inferior because they're pretending he's Kenyan or that Kenya is inferior.

They're just playing partisan politics, trying to discredit him and his agenda and Democrats and whatever the hell else they're trying to discredit.

Started in the CDZ in an effort to keep name-calling to a minimum. I'm sure we can all do that.

Quick background: I'm of mixed race (half Hispanic half European), my wife is also of mixed race, as are (obviously) our beautiful children. Our Christmastime family photos put any Celebrate Diversity! poster to shame, from Spanish & Mexican to Japanese to Nigerian. Not a full-bloody whitey amongst us.

Perhaps as a result, I take the terms "racist" and "racism" very seriously, and it saddens me to see the way the terms have been diluted and trivialized by people who feel they gain advantage by spraying them around like water.

So let's see where we stand. Please identify all terms you would normally feel are racist, and please comment, thanks.

For the record, I picked #6 and #7. I think #5 is borderline, and would depend on the situation.
#7 is the very definition of racist.

However, #'s 5 and 6 are just classic examples of prejudice, not racism. The others are nothing.

such as:
etc
It is when its not facts....and intent matters a great deal. Why do some work so hard to find, cherry pick or distort info just to disparage, discredit or demonize another group? Intent not the words themselves are what makes something racist.
how can they tell intent over the inet!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!???????????
mind readers???
they must be good to know intent..mind readers ..gods....
BULLSHIT
I've been stating facts on this forum and others and I'm called RACIST!!

I don't see the birther crap as racist. No one is saying that he is inferior because they're pretending he's Kenyan or that Kenya is inferior.

They're just playing partisan politics, trying to discredit him and his agenda and Democrats and whatever the hell else they're trying to discredit.

Birtherism is partisan politics, but what it does is plays into some people's racism. They could have conjured up any number of batshit conspiracies. Say he's running a child sex ring out of the basement of a pizza shop, or something. What they went with was him being born in an African nation. It conveniently would disqualify him for office while at the same time playing into his being "different".

Birtherism is partisan politics, but what it does is plays into some people's racism. They could have conjured up any number of batshit conspiracies. Say he's running a child sex ring out of the basement of a pizza shop, or something. What they went with was him being born in an African nation. It conveniently would disqualify him for office while at the same time playing into his being "different".
Yeah, I can see that. For some it plays into their already-held racism, justifying it in a way.

But on its own, I don't think it's racist, it's just more mindless conspiracy crap. Calling them all racist is a broad brush that just makes people more defensive.

such as:
etc
I said facts--not untruths.....
the ones who distort the facts--don't listen to facts -evidence!!--are the blacks

such as:
etc
so stating facts is racist?? is that right?? yes or no?!!!
so if the KKK grand wizard said blacks commit more murders per capita--that makes him racist?
no it doesn't

Okay.

Who, would you say, is most likely to dilute and trivialize the terms "racist" and "racism" for advantage?

You did it in this thread for an advantage, I don't call myself white it's irrelevant..i call myself a half Pollack German American I could give a damn about my skin color..

But you brought up this once again ..you want to bring up your skin color..

Quick background: I'm of mixed race (half Hispanic half European), my wife is also of mixed race, as are (obviously) our beautiful children. Our Christmastime family photos put any Celebrate Diversity! poster to shame, from Spanish & Mexican to Japanese to Nigerian. Not a full-bloody whitey amongst us.

Perhaps as a result, I take the terms "racist" and "racism" very seriously, and it saddens me to see the way the terms have been diluted and trivialized by people who feel they gainadvantage by spraying them around like water.

You posted this thread in the CDZ to play a victim..be honset now.
Can anyone else jump in here? He's ignoring everything I'm saying, and I don't know why.

I think that you described your families' diversity to explain why you care about this issue.

It does sort of sound though, like you were supporting the notion that diversity is good and white is bad.

AND you missed the fact that the people who really care about the terms "Racist" being misused, are the ones who are being constantly slandered with it, ie us cons.
I think my track record on PC & Identity Politics, and the amount of incoming I take from the Left here in that area, speaks for itself.

Which was my take on it.

Okay.

Who, would you say, is most likely to dilute and trivialize the terms "racist" and "racism" for advantage?

You did it in this thread for an advantage, I don't call myself white it's irrelevant..i call myself a half Pollack German American I could give a damn about my skin color..

But you brought up this once again ..you want to bring up your skin color..

Perhaps as a result, I take the terms "racist" and "racism" very seriously, and it saddens me to see the way the terms have been diluted and trivialized by people who feel they gainadvantage by spraying them around like water.

You posted this thread in the CDZ to play a victim..be honset now.
Can anyone else jump in here? He's ignoring everything I'm saying, and I don't know why.

I think that you described your families' diversity to explain why you care about this issue.

It does sort of sound though, like you were supporting the notion that diversity is good and white is bad.

AND you missed the fact that the people who really care about the terms "Racist" being misused, are the ones who are being constantly slandered with it, ie us cons.

Exactly, it's obvious he has ulterior motives for this thread in the CDZ ....thats why he posted irrelevant poll choices he wakes up everyday brushing his teeth and says to himself I wish I was white.

I think you are being a little too harsh on this particular liberal.

I may be overthinking number 5. If I generally don’t like blue people simply because they are blue, I would say that is racist. On the other hand, if most blue people that I come across are hostile towards me for some reason that is not a fault of my own, then I don’t see that as racism on my part. In not disliking blue people because they are of the blue race, I am disliking them because they are hostile towards me.
It can also mean that the person has formed that opinion based on limited personal experience. That's kind of what I was thinking when I wrote that.

That would be incorrect, but would it actually be racist?

He is still judging them not on their skin color or any belief that they are inferior, but on his personal experience that blue people are hostile to him.

I may be overthinking number 5. If I generally don’t like blue people simply because they are blue, I would say that is racist. On the other hand, if most blue people that I come across are hostile towards me for some reason that is not a fault of my own, then I don’t see that as racism on my part. In not disliking blue people because they are of the blue race, I am disliking them because they are hostile towards me.
It can also mean that the person has formed that opinion based on limited personal experience. That's kind of what I was thinking when I wrote that.

That would be incorrect, but would it actually be racist?

He is still judging them not on their skin color or any belief that they are inferior, but on his personal experience that blue people are hostile to him.
No, if a person has had limited exposure to blue people and prefers not to hang around them based on that exposure, that's not racist to me.

If he doesn't want to hang around them because he thinks they're inferior, then yeah, that's racist.

Started in the CDZ in an effort to keep name-calling to a minimum. I'm sure we can all do that.

Perhaps as a result, I take the terms "racist" and "racism" very seriously, and it saddens me to see the way the terms have been diluted and trivialized by people who feel they gain advantage by spraying them around like water.

So let's see where we stand. Please identify all terms you would normally feel are racist, and please comment, thanks.

For the record, I picked #6 and #7. I think #5 is borderline, and would depend on the situation.

Your poll is meaningless and irrelevant. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx None of the above are intrinsically racist on their own without there being more info about the reasons why they think that. Barring that, they are nothing more than observations------ we are all free to like and dislike ANY ONE WE WANT for any reason, no input from you needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your poll is meaningless and irrelevant. All it proves is that YOU are racist for seeing yourself and others in terms of race! None of the above are intrinsically racist on their own without there being more info about the reasons why they think that. Barring that, they are nothing more than observations------ we are all free to like and dislike ANY ONE WE WANT for any reason, no input from you needed.
Here we go again.

Maybe read through the thread.

None of them are. All are common sense and logic.

None of them are. All are common sense and logic.
Thanks.

Do you consider yourself a racist?

Your poll is meaningless and irrelevant. All it proves is that YOU are racist for seeing yourself and others in terms of race! None of the above are intrinsically racist on their own without there being more info about the reasons why they think that. Barring that, they are nothing more than observations------ we are all free to like and dislike ANY ONE WE WANT for any reason, no input from you needed.
Here we go again.

Maybe read through the thread.
Apparent having a discussion about what things are racist is racist.

Forum List

Back