POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Leave it up to the owner. If he doesn't change it and fans don't show up he will then change it. It's the way business works. Just follow the $$. The dollar calls all the shots in america.

Snyder should leave it up to fans, but he is not. He is letting other forces other than the fans make this decision. The overwhelming majority of fans want the name Redskins. But now FEDEX and AMAZON are engaged in actions to force a name change. AMAZON is no longer allowing the Redskins merchandise to be purchased on its site.

A strong, powerful, vocal minority is forcing a change on the majority. Its wrong and Snyder does not have the intelligence, passion or business sense to do what is right for the team and its fans. He is going to cave to the pressure exerted by a small minority.

Just because you claim it as a racist slur does not make it one. Can you show any video where the word Redskin is being used as a racist slur against an individual?

Just about any Western made before 1960.

Ok, post a link to the clip.

Here you go, buddy. Here you go.

I did not see or hear the word REDSKIN used once in that clip, let alone used as a racial slur. Try Again.

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name? Yes or No?

I say NO. The name Redskins is not racist and has been the team name since 1933, 87 years now. It is a tiny minority of people that are using the current climate to manipulate the situation to bring about a name change. No one ever had a problem with the name until 1968 during a time when liberals across the country were revolting against anything and everything. Since then its been a minority of people that have considered the name racist and demanded a name change. We can't a allow tiny vocal minorities to control what we think and how we live. The organization and team have always honored Native Americans which is why the name, colors, and mascot were chosen.

This poll and topic is connected to the larger questions about what is considered "racist", who gets to decide, what are Americans allowed to honor about their history and past with statues and names of places. It might make sense in certain cases to change names or remove statues depending on who they are and what they represent in the context of American history and the present time. But to remove and destroy everything that anyone finds the least bit offensive for the most outlandish of reasons would be a terrible mistake.

Please just vote once. I made a mistake that allowed for multiple voting, but I can't edit it out.
They will not change their name, and neither will I. I hope there is an iota of pride "left" in America.

Democrats are neo-communist who believe America is systemically racist and therefore everything American must be destroyed.

America is systematically racist... But you can fix it without destroying it.

Changing the racist name of a football team is a small step, but it's a step.
I know democrats and I know that you can literally hold a random objects in front of a Democrat and that Democrat will tell you why that random object is racist.

Democrats believe America is systematically racist and therefore everything American must be destroyed. If you deny that you are either a useful idiot or lying.

I’m a lifelong Redskins fan. The name should NOT be changed, but it’s going to be.

Dan Snyder has gone from being a maverick owner almost on the level of Al Davis to having his nose firmly planted in NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s ass in the last decade. He’s become a gutless sack of shit unworthy to own the franchise.

My hope is that the team retains the colors and a mascot that allows them to keep the script “R” as one of the logos. I’d be okay with Red Hawks, Red Wolves, or Red Hogs. I could live with Warriors, so long as ALL native oriented imagery was done away with.

I cannot support the “Redtails”option that has been popular in social media the last couple weeks.

I know democrats and I know that you can literally hold a random objects in front of a Democrat and that Democrat will tell you why that random object is racist.

Which random objects are those. We aren't talking about random objects. We are talking about a team that has a name which is a slur against Native Americans.

Democrats believe America is systematically racist and therefore everything American must be destroyed. If you deny that you are either a useful idiot or lying.

America is systematically racist. It can be fixed without destroying it. The problem is, you think the racism is a virtue that should be left alone.

Is your life really materially affected if we call the Washington football team something else or if we take down a statue of Robert E. Lee?

I voted yes. Putting myself in the owner's shoes, yes, because the owner need to put this controversy to rest and concentrate on more important things.

The problem is when you try to appease the mob, they find something else for you to appease "or else"

Also, I find it comical that SJW types are lauding corporations like Fed Ex and Nike forcing this on the Snyder.

Forum List

Back