POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name? Yes or No?

I say NO. The name Redskins is not racist and has been the team name since 1933, 87 years now. It is a tiny minority of people that are using the current climate to manipulate the situation to bring about a name change. No one ever had a problem with the name until 1968 during a time when liberals across the country were revolting against anything and everything. Since then its been a minority of people that have considered the name racist and demanded a name change. We can't a allow tiny vocal minorities to control what we think and how we live. The organization and team have always honored Native Americans which is why the name, colors, and mascot were chosen.

This poll and topic is connected to the larger questions about what is considered "racist", who gets to decide, what are Americans allowed to honor about their history and past with statues and names of places. It might make sense in certain cases to change names or remove statues depending on who they are and what they represent in the context of American history and the present time. But to remove and destroy everything that anyone finds the least bit offensive for the most outlandish of reasons would be a terrible mistake.

Please just vote once. I made a mistake that allowed for multiple voting, but I can't edit it out.
you forgot the IDGAF option

I voted yes for similar reason I've felt the Cleveland Indians should change theirs. I've been a fan of the Tribe since the late 1950's and didn't think anything about the name and Chief Wahoo until I moved to Arizona at age of 27. Ever since I have sensed a disconnect between the city and its team's nickname. The settlers of Cleveland drove the native people out. So it isn't the case of trying to honor a local heritage, like say the Minnesota Vikings.

Even as a kid in the 1960s, I used to think the Chief Wahoo mascot was grotesque

View attachment 361392
That’s because you were a dumb faggot. You still are.
Only fags liked Chief Wahoo

I voted yes for similar reason I've felt the Cleveland Indians should change theirs. I've been a fan of the Tribe since the late 1950's and didn't think anything about the name and Chief Wahoo until I moved to Arizona at age of 27. Ever since I have sensed a disconnect between the city and its team's nickname. The settlers of Cleveland drove the native people out. So it isn't the case of trying to honor a local heritage, like say the Minnesota Vikings.

Even as a kid in the 1960s, I used to think the Chief Wahoo mascot was grotesque

View attachment 361392
That’s because you were a dumb faggot. You still are.
Only fags liked Chief Wahoo
Is this where we pretend you aren’t a dumb faggot?

ou could look it up. But then if you did you'd have confirmation you're an idiot.

I did. You're still full of crap.

Redskin is a racist term.. Always has been.

Joey girl. I know you're a Dim so your search skills (or any skills for that matter) are limited. Here ya go. :) Redskin refers to a red dye from the bloodroot plant native americans would put on their skin. For the natives of Virginia it was a symbol of valor and bravery. It does not reference race or skin color unless you are a Dim.

Key Quote: Bloodroot had many uses in Native American culture, including but not limited to, cough medicine, respiratory aid, an aphrodisiac, and a red skin dye

In some of the Algonquin communities, bloodroot was associated with romance, and men would wear bloodroot paint when they went courting.

Last edited:
It's up to the owners....

Football teams don't usually name their team after something that is weak... Buccaneers, Patriots, Jets, Rams, Cowboys, ......Redskins....

I think it was never meant as an insult... but as a symbol of toughness, strength.... imho.
like the Vikings

...what total dumbshit--they don't pick the names because they think that group is inferior
hahahhahahahahahah
this is some of the stupidest shit I have ever heard

Definitely. "Redskins" is a racial slur. Why deliberately offend people?
definitely you are WRONG
....when teams pick names they are HONORING those people/groups.....they don't pick them because those people/groups/etc are weak and dumb
..it's not racist/etc
a big DUH
Lol, no.
....you people keep fkn up by labeling everything as racist....that's why we laugh at your silliness and stupidity ..wolf wolf wolf wolf
hahahahahahhahhahaha

Move it to Iadho where "redskin" is just one more breed of potato.
I swear the Redskins should change their logo to that.

A potato

The current logo was designed by members of the Blackfoot Indian Tribe who were proud it was being used by a major sports team to represent Native Americans.

It is the name that calls the logo a n*gger

Again, that is a minority opinion that has no basis in fact. Dozens of Native American schools on reservations use the word Redskin for the sports teams and mascot. Do you know any schools that use the word n%gger as the name of their sports team? See the difference?

Redskin refers to a red dye from the bloodroot plant native americans

no, it's a racist slur... now go away. Someone who uses a racist screen name can't be an authority on what isn't racist.

Just because you claim it as a racist slur does not make it one. Can you show any video where the word Redskin is being used as a racist slur against an individual?

The NFL and its sponsors are no longer comfortable with the name so it really does not matter what the regular fan thinks or feels. Money talks.

Its the fans that spend the money. Without the fans, no team would survive. No sponsor can save a team from an empty stadium or mounds of unpurchased merchandise.

Leave it up to the owner. If he doesn't change it and fans don't show up he will then change it. It's the way business works. Just follow the $$. The dollar calls all the shots in america.

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name? Yes or No?

I say NO. The name Redskins is not racist and has been the team name since 1933, 87 years now. It is a tiny minority of people that are using the current climate to manipulate the situation to bring about a name change. No one ever had a problem with the name until 1968 during a time when liberals across the country were revolting against anything and everything. Since then its been a minority of people that have considered the name racist and demanded a name change. We can't a allow tiny vocal minorities to control what we think and how we live. The organization and team have always honored Native Americans which is why the name, colors, and mascot were chosen.

This poll and topic is connected to the larger questions about what is considered "racist", who gets to decide, what are Americans allowed to honor about their history and past with statues and names of places. It might make sense in certain cases to change names or remove statues depending on who they are and what they represent in the context of American history and the present time. But to remove and destroy everything that anyone finds the least bit offensive for the most outlandish of reasons would be a terrible mistake.

Please just vote once. I made a mistake that allowed for multiple voting, but I can't edit it out.
It’s important to note the history behind the name too. The coach and a couple players were in fact Native American. In order to honor them they named the team The Redskins. Redskins is not a racist word. It’s what the native Americans called themselves. Sure there are twats like drum boy Nathan Phillips out there that now claim to speak for all native Americans and say they hate the name find it offensive. Last I checked some 60% of native Americans polled liked the name, and another 20% or so don’t even care. They’re all cowboys fans anyways ;) #canceldjax #canceltheeagles. The real crime is that the eagles have become an anti-Semitic organization. I hear they’re getting HH and SS patches on their jerseys. Wentz in a press conference called Howie Roseman an oven-dodger. Cancelling the eagles is the only part of cancel culture I’m on board with.

Forum List

Back