POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
The problem is when you try to appease the mob, they find something else for you to appease "or else"

Also, I find it comical that SJW types are lauding corporations like Fed Ex and Nike forcing this on the Snyder.

It should have never taken this long for them to do it. This name was always offensive.

It shouldn't take a big corporation to get another big corporation to do the right thing because rioters have scared them into it.

The problem is when you try to appease the mob, they find something else for you to appease "or else"

Also, I find it comical that SJW types are lauding corporations like Fed Ex and Nike forcing this on the Snyder.

It should have never taken this long for them to do it. This name was always offensive.

It shouldn't take a big corporation to get another big corporation to do the right thing because rioters have scared them into it.

Offensive to rich white women on diets, and pussies like you, that's about it.

Changing the racist name of a football team is a small step, but it's a step.

No it’s not. At least not unless you’re seriously in the mood for a culture war thst may end up with actual spilt blood.

All that’s going to happen this morning when Dan Snyder announces a new team name will be the alienation of tens of thousands of football fans whose traditions and legacy will be stripped away by a bunch of she’s. Do you really think that’s going to make us MORE willing to convert to your Progressive viewpoint, or less?

Always fun to watch you side with the racists, Marty.

No it’s not. At least not unless you’re seriously in the mood for a culture war thst may end up with actual spilt blood.

All that’s going to happen this morning when Dan Snyder announces a new team name will be the alienation of tens of thousands of football fans whose traditions and legacy will be stripped away by a bunch of she’s. Do you really think that’s going to make us MORE willing to convert to your Progressive viewpoint, or less?

People like you I could care less about. You'll keep clinging to your guns and your bibles while the One Percent fucks you.

I voted yes for similar reason I've felt the Cleveland Indians should change theirs. I've been a fan of the Tribe since the late 1950's and didn't think anything about the name and Chief Wahoo until I moved to Arizona at age of 27. Ever since I have sensed a disconnect between the city and its team's nickname. The settlers of Cleveland drove the native people out. So it isn't the case of trying to honor a local heritage, like say the Minnesota Vikings.
When the redskins changed their name, their coach and many players were native Americans.
Might want to actually know what you are talking about. Their backstory is nothing like what you posted.
Well, maybe they should change it to “the Blackskins”, since most players are now black.

Always fun to watch you side with the racists, Marty.

People like you I could care less about. You'll keep clinging to your guns and your bibles while the One Percent fucks you.

So anyone who doesn't want them to change the name is a racist?

Are people of Native American descent who don't want them to change the name racist?

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name? Yes or No?

I say NO. The name Redskins is not racist and has been the team name since 1933, 87 years now. It is a tiny minority of people that are using the current climate to manipulate the situation to bring about a name change. No one ever had a problem with the name until 1968 during a time when liberals across the country were revolting against anything and everything. Since then its been a minority of people that have considered the name racist and demanded a name change. We can't a allow tiny vocal minorities to control what we think and how we live. The organization and team have always honored Native Americans which is why the name, colors, and mascot were chosen.

This poll and topic is connected to the larger questions about what is considered "racist", who gets to decide, what are Americans allowed to honor about their history and past with statues and names of places. It might make sense in certain cases to change names or remove statues depending on who they are and what they represent in the context of American history and the present time. But to remove and destroy everything that anyone finds the least bit offensive for the most outlandish of reasons would be a terrible mistake.

Please just vote once. I made a mistake that allowed for multiple voting, but I can't edit it out.
Look at what the Nazis did after they got power. They fucking obliterated ANYTHING that wasn't 100% pro-hitler.
What's going on now is the very same thing and being done by the very same type of empty headed lifetime loser ASSHOLES!
There is going to be a very intense violent backlash.
Once the blood gets going there will be no stopping them.
One more spark at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I've been warning about this for a few years.
Get out of the DEM shithole cities and buy as many veg seeds and other necessities as you can. Find a rural spot with good water and timber and go to work on your family's survival.
Arm yourselves! This isn't going to be a video game.
Remember. The mob will one day be coming for you.
Remember what Pelosi just said: "I don't care about any statues and people will do what people will do".
Her "people" will be hunting you and your family down just b/c they are "bored".

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name? Yes or No?

I say NO. The name Redskins is not racist and has been the team name since 1933, 87 years now. It is a tiny minority of people that are using the current climate to manipulate the situation to bring about a name change. No one ever had a problem with the name until 1968 during a time when liberals across the country were revolting against anything and everything. Since then its been a minority of people that have considered the name racist and demanded a name change. We can't a allow tiny vocal minorities to control what we think and how we live. The organization and team have always honored Native Americans which is why the name, colors, and mascot were chosen.

This poll and topic is connected to the larger questions about what is considered "racist", who gets to decide, what are Americans allowed to honor about their history and past with statues and names of places. It might make sense in certain cases to change names or remove statues depending on who they are and what they represent in the context of American history and the present time. But to remove and destroy everything that anyone finds the least bit offensive for the most outlandish of reasons would be a terrible mistake.

Please just vote once. I made a mistake that allowed for multiple voting, but I can't edit it out.

The Washington Redskins name has been racist and offensive for 87 years. It's time to end it.
OK 'Karen' whatever you say.
How about: "The Washington Karens'?
The fucking LIBs really believe there will not be a backlash tsunami coming. Watch and learn.
In Trump's second term he will invite all the native leaders to a conference and let them decide what names THEY think are appropriate.

Move it to Iadho where "redskin" is just one more breed of potato.
I swear the Redskins should change their logo to that.

A potato

The current logo was designed by members of the Blackfoot Indian Tribe who were proud it was being used by a major sports team to represent Native Americans.

It is the name that calls the logo a n*gger

Again, that is a minority opinion that has no basis in fact. Dozens of Native American schools on reservations use the word Redskin for the sports teams and mascot. Do you know any schools that use the word n%gger as the name of their sports team? See the difference?
'The Washington Tree Dwellers'!

The Washington Foreskins!
Say good fucking bye to the NFL/NBA
Let the fuckers go play in China!
I'll never watch another NFL/NBA game as long as I live. That goes for millions of former fans. Good job you LIB jerkoffs! Shit in your own beds like good little Marxist twats!

The fucking LIBs really believe there will not be a backlash tsunami coming. Watch and learn.

I doubt if voters are that concerned about the names of Football teams.

They are more concerned with fighting COVID, the economy, mass protests in the street and the decline of the political climate.

Yup.

They are more concerned with fighting COVID, the economy, mass protests in the street and the decline of the political climate.

Well said. But the GOP has always been very good at distracting their followers with bullshit.

Lol. It’s the other 99% that have been fucking me for 46 years, not the 1%.

You are a sad little man who doesn't know who is enemies are.

I'll never watch another NFL/NBA game as long as I live. That goes for millions of former fans. Good job you LIB jerkoffs! Shit in your own beds like good little Marxist twats!

I'll be happy to have them back at all, given Trump Plague has destroyed sports this year.

Yup.

Well said. But the GOP has always been very good at distracting their followers with bullshit.

Lol. It’s the other 99% that have been fucking me for 46 years, not the 1%.

I'll be happy to have them back at all, given Trump Plague has destroyed sports this year.

Nope.

I know exactly who my enemies are... everyone other then myself. However, nobody in the 99% has ever given me a job, sold me a car, etc... They have, however, disparaged and maligned me for things I have no control over for my entire life.

What is the time stamp for the use of the word REDSKIN in the video?

I'm sorry you weren't paying attention... or probably didn't watch it at all. Never underestimate the laziness of a racist.

I did watch the video. I did not see the word REDSKIN used in the video. If it is in the video, PLEASE give me the TIME STAMP so I can find it.

Just because you claim it as a racist slur does not make it one. Can you show any video where the word Redskin is being used as a racist slur against an individual?

Just about any Western made before 1960.

Ok, post a link to the clip.

Here you go, buddy. Here you go.

THIRD TIME I've watched the video now, and still I see nor hear no use of the word REDSKIN. Where in the video is it used?

Forum List

Back