POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted yes for similar reason I've felt the Cleveland Indians should change theirs. I've been a fan of the Tribe since the late 1950's and didn't think anything about the name and Chief Wahoo until I moved to Arizona at age of 27. Ever since I have sensed a disconnect between the city and its team's nickname. The settlers of Cleveland drove the native people out. So it isn't the case of trying to honor a local heritage, like say the Minnesota Vikings.

There is no connection between the naming of a sports team and the events that led to the formation of the city of Cleveland. Where will this end? Should everyone not of Native American descent be forced to leave the country and then only let back in by the permission of those remaining who are of Native American descent?

U.S. history and what happened with Native American tribes is a lot more complex that what most seem to think. Native Americans were never one tribe and engaged in war, and other hostilities with each other. How Europeans became involved with the history of North America is a lot more complex than most people think. Also, the United States did NOT exist until 1775/1776. Any issues with slavery or Native Americans before that time should be laid at the feet of the United Kingdom, France, and Spain.

It's up to the owners....

Football teams don't usually name their team after something that is weak... Buccaneers, Patriots, Jets, Rams, Cowboys, ......Redskins....

I think it was never meant as an insult... but as a symbol of toughness, strength.... imho.

Unfortunately its not up to the owners. A small minority of liberals have found a way to manipulate the system and force a change on people that I think the majority do not want. That is wrong. Where will it end?

Definitely. "Redskins" is a racial slur. Why deliberately offend people?

Watch the film from youtube above. If it was a racial slur, why do Native American high school sports teams use the name and mascot?

The Redskins name was chose because it suggest strength and fighting spirit. It was not chosen to offend anyone, and there is no historical record of the team name offending anyone until 1968, a year where liberals tried to overthrow everything the United States was and stood for.

I voted yes for similar reason I've felt the Cleveland Indians should change theirs. I've been a fan of the Tribe since the late 1950's and didn't think anything about the name and Chief Wahoo until I moved to Arizona at age of 27. Ever since I have sensed a disconnect between the city and its team's nickname. The settlers of Cleveland drove the native people out. So it isn't the case of trying to honor a local heritage, like say the Minnesota Vikings.

There is no connection between the naming of a sports team and the events that led to the formation of the city of Cleveland. Where will this end? Should everyone not of Native American descent be forced to leave the country and then only let back in by the permission of those remaining who are of Native American descent?

U.S. history and what happened with Native American tribes is a lot more complex that what most seem to think. Native Americans were never one tribe and engaged in war, and other hostilities with each other. How Europeans became involved with the history of North America is a lot more complex than most people think. Also, the United States did NOT exist until 1775/1776. Any issues with slavery or Native Americans before that time should be laid at the feet of the United Kingdom, France, and Spain.
Everything is a lot more complex. To the left cultural marxist puppets, it is as simple as, white Christian Americans bad, everyone else good.

That's it. That's all. There is NO CONVINCING these brainwashed morons of ANYTHING ELSE.

They don't care that Africans were complicit in slavery. They don't care that Native Americans were guilty of murders, enslaving each other for centuries before pale face showed up.

DOES NOT MATTER.

They are gone and JoeB is the perfect example of this marxist enemy. Stalin referred to them as useful idiots for a reason.

What about the city name, "Washington". Hasn't he been cancelled? Will the city change it's name?

This rabbit hole runs deep...

Will Dems muster 10,000 people to pull down the 'Washington' monument? Rome enslaved and killed millions, it's still named Rome.

Eventually they will be burning U.S. citizens at the stake who had ancestors that owned slaves.

Everything is a lot more complex. To the left cultural marxist puppets, it is as simple as, white Christian Americans bad, everyone else good.

That's it. That's all. There is NO CONVINCING these brainwashed morons of ANYTHING ELSE.

They don't care that Africans were complicit in slavery. They don't care that Native Americans were guilty of murders, enslaving each other for centuries before pale face showed up.

DOES NOT MATTER.

They are gone and JoeB is the perfect example of this marxist enemy. Stalin referred to them as useful idiots for a reason.

It only takes a strong vocal minority to overthrow a country and society. Lenin and Stalin proved that with what they did to Russia in the early part of the 20th century.

Only a matter of time now before Americans with ancestors who owned slaves will start to be targeted by these groups.

So it's ok to have a White team name, but not an Indian team name, even though they're honoring them by calling their team that. Is there a scorecard or something for these things so I can keep track of them?

What about the city name, "Washington". Hasn't he been cancelled? Will the city change it's name?

Both the district and the state have to go. Racist. You know, because they both come from a guy who lived in a time so long ago, back then, it was NORMAL to own servants.

Kind of like factories did back in the 1920s with people, they ran their lives, gave them housing to live and made them work in hell 16 hours a day. Except rather than feed them too, they gave them 50 cents a day to feed themselves, and called that "free."

Just imagine what folks will think of the Left in 300 or 500 years when they read that all of them wanted to tear down all the nation's statues, burn all the flags, blow up Mt. Rushmore and rewrite the nation's history!

This rabbit hole runs deep...

I was not even thinking about that. But obviously, given the climate, there is some tiny minority out there that would demand that as well. With this logic, nothing will be safe. You'll have the names of all kinds of places being changed every year and only lasting as long until one tiny minority group claims that is offensive for some outlandish reason.

What about the state named Washington.

If the native Americans community is offend by the name then I would say yes. I’m not sure where stand on it. Either way I don’t think a name change for a sports team is going to do all that much to change the world.

But what would they change it to?
Washington Idiots?
Washington Senasluts?
Washington Gridlock?
Washington Constipation?

Forum List

Back