Poll on where Biden is taking the country: 71% say wrong track.

This is the average barrels of oil imported by the US for the past 6 years.

Seems we are importing less than we did 3 of the 4 years under Trump.

How is that increased dependency?

View attachment 754772

Price-Production of the foreign imports is more of the factor in dependency. Independent of net imports, an OPEC can charge more if they know the US has put more restrictions on its domestic producers.

You post a link to a poll that has a higher number of people believing the country is on the wrong track and you accuse the OP of cherry picking polls? Now that's pretty funny in itself. :)

Rasmussen who runs rolling polls daily includes the 'right direction/wrong track' question in those daily polls and reports 30% of likely voters think the country is on the right track. So all the polls are pretty close actually. The RCP today shows the average of all the polls showing direction of the country as 25.2% think we're on the right track. Trump's numbers at this time for that were over 50%.

As of today Rasmussen has 44% of people giving some approval to President Biden which is a bit higher than the RCP average. Only 25% strongly support Biden though.

But as others have pointed out, these numbers do not much reflect the vote. Hard core Democrats would vote for a ham sandwich with a D on it before they would vote for a Republican. To such people Party is far more important than policy, platform, agenda, consequences, results.

Not true that Trump had a job approval rating above 50% on this point in his presidency.

Last edited:
Price-Production of the foreign imports is more of the factor in dependency. Independent of net imports, an OPEC can charge more if they know the US has put more restrictions on its domestic producers.

So, let me get this straight...importing less oil while exporting oil more means we are more dependent on foreign oil?

That is some world class spinning!

Well done

That has absolutely nothing to do with his daughter.

Do you not even know what I asked you about?? :cuckoo:

Not true that Trump had a job approval rating above 50% on this point in his presidency.
I didn't say he did. Rasmussen had Trump at 48% approval rating at this specific point in his presidency while Biden is at 44% today.

Rasmussen had more than 50% of people polling that the country was on the right track at this point in Trump's presidency. They didn't like him as much as they liked the results he was getting.

I didn't say he did. Rasmussen had Trump at 48% approval rating at this specific point in his presidency while Biden is at 44% today.

Rasmussen had more than 50% of people polling that the country was on the right track at this point in Trump's presidency. They didn't like him as much as they liked the results he was getting.
Trump never cracked 50 percent approval as President and struggled to remain above 40 percent

Most importantly, Trump also never won the popular vote

My apologies, I read that wrong. However, on this date in 2019, an average of 33.4% felt like we heading in the right direction, not more than 50%.

My apologies, I read that wrong. However, on this date in 2019, an average of 33.4% felt like we heading in the right direction, not more than 50%.
According to what source? I did go back to check and found 40% approval re direction of the country by Rasmussen on Feb 11, 2019, though so I will accept I probably remembered the numbers wrong on that. But at any rate, it was a lot better than how people are feeling about it now.

He did on a few Rasmussen polls; however, Rasmussen polled likely voters, which leans right.
Rasmussen generally gives Biden some of his highest poll numbers. They don't lean right at all but do three day rolling polls weighted according to voter registration meaning they poll more Democrats than they do GOP/Independents. Scott Rasmussen isn't running it any more but it has been said he was a Democrat. I suspect he was more likely an Independent but nobody ever accused him of being a Republican.

Rasmussen generally gives Biden some of his highest poll numbers. They don't lean right at all but do three day rolling polls weighted according to voter registration meaning they poll more Democrats than they do GOP/Independents.

Polling likely voters leans right as most younger voters tend to vote Democrat while older voters tend to vote Republican; and among the youngest of voters, they haven't established a pattern of voting yet to qualify as a likely voter.

Polling likely voters leans right as most younger voters tend to vote Democrat while older voters tend to vote Republican; and among the youngest of voters, they haven't established a pattern of voting yet to qualify as a likely voter.
Nevertheless he chooses a percentage of what likely voters to call according to voter registrations which means he polls more Democrats as there are more registered Democrats than there are Republicans or Independents.

Rasmussen generally gives Biden some of his highest poll numbers. They don't lean right at all but do three day rolling polls weighted according to voter registration meaning they poll more Democrats than they do GOP/Independents. Scott Rasmussen isn't running it any more but it has been said he was a Democrat. I suspect he was more likely an Independent but nobody ever accused him of being a Republican.

Rasmussen was always an outlier and always leaned right

Forum List

Back