Politician - Trading Card Game

iPhone ... not gonna happen for a loooong time, while it uses Objective C the libraries for it are still being cracked, and even then, Apple is the type to sue for "unauthorized third party software" and I can't afford the $99 for their license right now (tight budget for the time being). However, found out Android (Google's answer to the iPhone) uses Java ... so ... I may package up the client for that ... but the way I wrote the applet it may be a while. ;) Android uses Linux and has Java as the default VM, I love Google.
Well, that is interesting. With nearly 2000 apps out there, one would think that the libraries would be pretty gelled up by now. I started doing some java about 10 years ago, but grew bored with it. Maybe it is time to revisit that. I know that many TiVo type devices and HD ports use java pretty extensively.

I'm guessing that when they first put the iPhone out they gave the libraries for free and didn't require a license so they would have some apps, Apple tends to do that, but when that happened I was homeless and didn't have a laptop ... well ... didn't have anything really, so I missed out. As for Java support, the only way to get that on the iPhone is with a jailbrake, which is risky to the user because it's illegal. I'm not for breaking the law and don't encourage it, so not going there. Android however is being developed by Google ... and Google loves Open Source, so they will likely keep it all free.
I'll have to look into that. The book I was browsing through was making some claims about the libraries being pretty extensive. Now I'm curious yet again. They did have a few websites and member groups listed for resources.

Well, that is interesting. With nearly 2000 apps out there, one would think that the libraries would be pretty gelled up by now. I started doing some java about 10 years ago, but grew bored with it. Maybe it is time to revisit that. I know that many TiVo type devices and HD ports use java pretty extensively.

I'm guessing that when they first put the iPhone out they gave the libraries for free and didn't require a license so they would have some apps, Apple tends to do that, but when that happened I was homeless and didn't have a laptop ... well ... didn't have anything really, so I missed out. As for Java support, the only way to get that on the iPhone is with a jailbrake, which is risky to the user because it's illegal. I'm not for breaking the law and don't encourage it, so not going there. Android however is being developed by Google ... and Google loves Open Source, so they will likely keep it all free.
I'll have to look into that. The book I was browsing through was making some claims about the libraries being pretty extensive. Now I'm curious yet again. They did have a few websites and member groups listed for resources.

The Android libraries are also massive, about 100 meg for all three, though you really only need one. I need to upgrade my Eclipse though, it has built in plug ins for Android but my version won't recognize them for some reason.

The Android libraries are also massive, about 100 meg for all three, though you really only need one. I need to upgrade my Eclipse though, it has built in plug ins for Android but my version won't recognize them for some reason.
You use Eclipse eh? I was thinking of purchasing the Zend Studio with the Eclipse.

You use Eclipse eh? I was thinking of purchasing the Zend Studio with the Eclipse.

I am too simplistic for studio packages. ;) I use command line for a lot of things, I just like the code completion and auto-indentation, and must have color ... got spoiled with Winsyntax a looooooong time ago. Eclipse is the best in Linux though, it automates compiling to, which is a bonus, but running applets and programs I do from the command line while testing anyway, especially applets. I do like how Eclipse looks though, and it's good for finding the right libraries when I'm too lazy to look them up in the manpages.

Sunap!

:lol: Major update to the colors and layout ... now the site snaps. Tutorial replaced the help section, going to add card list and forums to the site soon next. Just a little more and it will be ready to be "official".

Forum List

Back