Political Test - an oldie but a goodie

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

I like this test, especially as compared to many others I've seen.

Very comfy with where I turned out (below), nearest historic figure was Gandhi.

The Political Compass - Test

pcgraphpng.php

I do find it rather silly that Libertarian is presented as the opposite of Authoritarian - and yet most Libertarians I come across want more police, more defence and more limits on everything from gay marriage to abortion.

I like this test, especially as compared to many others I've seen.

Very comfy with where I turned out (below), nearest historic figure was Gandhi.

The Political Compass - Test

pcgraphpng.php
Still have no idea what this means:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21

Look on the charts, you get one when you complete the test.

You're nearly five blocks to the right, and a tiny bit down towards Libertarian.

I do find it rather silly that Libertarian is presented as the opposite of Authoritarian - and yet most Libertarians I come across want more police, more defence and more limits on everything from gay marriage to abortion.

No, real Libertarians are pro choice and pro gay marriage.

They're strong on defense but don't want it projected overseas.

Maybe you don't understand Libertarianism, especially now since it has so weirdly fused with the GOP.

pcgraphpng.php

Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

I don't actually agree with that assesment of my views, but there you go!! Some of the questions seemed a bit odd to me....!

No, real Libertarians are pro choice and pro gay marriage.

They're strong on defense but don't want it projected overseas.

Maybe you don't understand Libertarianism, especially now since it has so weirdly fused with the GOP.

I understand that many people who claim to believe in freedom, peace and liberty actually intend it only for themselves.

I'll say it again - most self-proclaimed libertarians that I know believe in having stronger laws against gay marriage and abortion, and want more spending on defence and policing.

pcgraphpng.php

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59

Should I keep this for when I get called Communist, extreme left etc etc?

Maybe they're not libertarians, they just pretend to be.

That's probably true.

That's probably true.

Indeed...but in the same way that a lot of religious people say one thing but do another, so a lot of people say one thing about their own political views, but do another when they get into power.

I do think it is a very fair criticism of Libertarians and the Tea Party that respect for the freedoms of others have not usually ranked high on their list of priorities if those people are gay or in favour of abortion.

I'm pretty sure this is a test manufactured by Libertarians and designed to make it look like you're more one of them than you think you are.

Forum List

Back