Political Science Survey: How has the image of America been affected from the election of Trump?

You're fucking stupid! :lol: (hey, you practically begged for it.)

1. Shouldn't that be "dim?"
  2. The great divider of the last 8 years already has the nation on the brink of civil war. That the leftist scum are acting out is not a sign of greater division, just the manifestation of what Obama has cultivated.
  3. The same was said of Reagan, who is now regarded as one of the greatest, That you hate Trump is not the basis for our image.
  4. Conspiracy theories to explain butthurt by those controlled by foreign powers such as George Soros are ironic, yet moronic.
  5. We have a weak president who has kowtowed to thugs across the globe. A president with a spine is a welcome change.
Aha. You fulfilled my prediction:
"I think you are at the wrong place. The people here simply swear at each other and call each other stupid."

However I am surprised how sincerely almost everyone responded. My hat is off to you people. (except one notable exception.;))

Hey guys I am currently working on a survey for my final project in my political science class. If you could, please help me out by answering these questions, that would be great.
1. What is your political affiliation?
2. How do you think the image of America has been affected after President-elect Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election?
3. In which ways do you think the image of America will change after inauguration day, on January 20th?
4. How do you think the rest of the world will react if Trump restores positive relations with Russia, since most of our allies are against Russia's involvement in the middle east?
5. Overall, has the image of America been affected positively or negatively?

Thanks so much. Emma
You first, Ms. Emma.....
1. I am a republican.
2. In no way, shape, or form has this past election resulted in positive outlooks from countries across the world. Do not get me wrong here, I support Trump's policies; however, I am very aware that to many, this election was disappointing due to Trump's behavior. As of right now, I would say that the image of America is negative since we have seen other countries making it clear to the US that they will not stand for the mistreatment of minorities in the United States.
3. The first one hundred days of the Trump presidency will be crucial for the overall image of America. If Trump hold true to what he said he will do, I think that could be very beneficial. On the other hand, if he does not, then that could be an issue.
4. Since most of our allies don't like the Russian involvement in the middle east, I don't think they will be too pleased. However, I don't think that restoring a friendly relationship with Russia will cause for them to start a world war against two of the biggest countries, both size wise and military wise. I would assume other countries would become worried and negative.
5. As of now, negative.

Thank you Ms. Emma....

Conservative

2. How do you think the image of America has been affected after President-elect Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election?

I don't give a fuck about the world's image of America is however, I do care that the world respects we the people. The world saw with no uncertain doubt the awesome power of we the people through the mandate,we gave Trump

3. In which ways do you think the image of America will change after inauguration day, on January 20th?

The world will radically change as we the people express our might and demonstrate Liberty and freedom for all in the world to see.

4. How do you think the rest of the world will react if Trump restores positive relations with Russia, since most of our allies are against Russia's involvement in the middle east?

The cold was is over, republicans won it without firing a shot. The world is only getting smaller and of all past presidents, Trump stands the best chance of normalizing relations with the worlds only other superpower...again, I don't give a fuck what the world thinks about we the people.

the world fears what we the people did...I see it as a positive.

Good luck and keep us informed how it goes for you....

Last edited:
To suppose that "image" is a motivating factor for Americans is to fundamentally misunderstand our country and people. Any political scientist worth their salt should know that much, at least.

To suppose that "image" is a motivating factor for Americans is to fundamentally misunderstand our country and people. Any political scientist worth their salt should know that much, at least.
Lol I'm just in High School, not a professional just yet.

"I think you are at the wrong place. The people here simply swear at each other and call each other stupid."

As I said, you pretty much begged me to.

However I am surprised how sincerely almost everyone responded. My hat is off to you people. (except one notable exception.;))

I will now even give her a serious response.

Libertarian

This is a complex question.

The illusion of a free and fair press has been destroyed. The world is aware now that the American press is as corrupt as the press of Iran, North Korea, or China. This has damaged our image.

That same corrupt press has worked diligently to defame and slander the president elect. This too has damaged our image.

That said, Obama is a weak and prissy man. He has bowed to and coddled dictators and terrorists around the globe. Our image as a weak and frightened nation has changed.

As stated above, our image as a cowardly nation that will back down to every Muslim thug has already changed.

Obama has attacked our allies while embracing the enemies of America. Our relationship with Britain can ONLY improve, after the disaster that was Obama. The open hostility that Obama had toward Israel will also end.

This means that the nations which matter most will see far better relations.

Negatively, due to the exposure of our corrupt press, the desire of the administration to punish or even kill whistle blowers (Assange) and the Pol Pot tactics of the vile demagogues behind the Clinton campaign.

Libertarian

This is a complex question.

The illusion of a free and fair press has been destroyed. The world is aware now that the American press is as corrupt as the press of Iran, North Korea, or China. This has damaged our image.

That same corrupt press has worked diligently to defame and slander the president elect. This too has damaged our image.

That said, Obama is a weak and prissy man. He has bowed to and coddled dictators and terrorists around the globe. Our image as a weak and frightened nation has changed.

As stated above, our image as a cowardly nation that will back down to every Muslim thug has already changed.

Obama has attacked our allies while embracing the enemies of America. Our relationship with Britain can ONLY improve, after the disaster that was Obama. The open hostility that Obama had toward Israel will also end.

This means that the nations which matter most will see far better relations.

Negatively, due to the exposure of our corrupt press, the desire of the administration to punish or even kill whistle blowers (Assange) and the Pol Pot tactics of the vile demagogues behind the Clinton campaign.
I thought she might be a fake fascist liberal....

It's refreshing to see a high school student with a brain and their head screwed on straight....kudos to her....

Good luck Emma, hope your papers not due for a while, we all will have some idea how it will go after a few months. now we are running on partisanship & fear.

"Image" was a motivating factor for Barack Obama, perhaps the only one.

But then, he did fundamentally misunderstand our country and our people.

So I can find no fault with your post.

Hey guys I am currently working on a survey for my final project in my political science class. If you could, please help me out by answering these questions, that would be great.

Thanks so much. Emma

Disregard every post you get from this forum. This forum is trash. The people on it are trash.

Thanks so much. Emma

Disregard every post you get from this forum. This forum is trash. The people on it are trash.
Awwww.....loser snowflake.....

I think I pretty much shamed you into being serious.

Thanks so much. Emma

Emma, my first thought is to tell you to do your own homework... But that's just me being mean :)

So I will answer your questions

1. Republican
2. Globalists are freaking out, America is now viewed as a more "nationalistic" country
3. We will be viewed as a stronger nation; friends and foes alike will be more wary of us & we ill be more highly respected
4. Some will be concerned & some will be relieved that the potential for a shooting war has died down - and BTW, that's a loaded question that reveals your bias - not all of our allies are against Russian involvement in the middle east
5. Positively, we will no longer be seen as a pushover - that's a positive for us 9which is all that matters) and a negative for those that have gotten the better of us in negotiations

1. Independent

2. The average person on the street around the world probably couldn't care less. The "reaction" you and I are likely to hear is that of foreign politicians and media. No doubt armed with"polls".

3. Again the vast majority of the 7 bil people on the planet have better things to worry about.

4. I would imagine most rational people will heave a sigh of relief. Not having 2 nuclear powers in an antagonistic relationship is a good thing.

Russia's involvement in the middle east was largely prompted by our involvement in the middle east Her ventures in Eastern Europe are, IMHO, another story and I would hope congress or the Europeans might be able to temper a Trump adm. Although there is a good argument to be made that the west has been antagonizing Russia for some time with missile deployments and backing out of the ABM treaty.

5. Depends on who you're talking to. The majority of brits who voted for brexit are probably happy as might be the anti EU folks in the rest of Europe. who knows US - Russian cooperation might even help in Syria.

I think overall you'll see the usual divide between left and right.

Interestingly, I recently listened to some one discussing people in China's attitude towards Trump. They can't understand why any one would have a problem with an American president having an America first stance as they expect their leaders to have a China first stance.

At the end of the day, my personal opinion is who cares. I'm more concerned with things of substance as opposed to a popularity contest. I wonder if the rest of the world would like to hear my thoughts on their leadership?

Thanks so much. Emma

Emma, my first thought is to tell you to do your own homework... But that's just me being mean :)

So I will answer your questions

1. Republican
2. Globalists are freaking out, America is now viewed as a more "nationalistic" country
3. We will be viewed as a stronger nation; friends and foes alike will be more wary of us & we ill be more highly respected
4. Some will be concerned & some will be relieved that the potential for a shooting war has died down - and BTW, that's a loaded question that reveals your bias - not all of our allies are against Russian involvement in the middle east
5. Positively, we will no longer be seen as a pushover - that's a positive for us 9which is all that matters) and a negative for those that have gotten the better of us in negotiations

Lol, this is for a project in which our teacher asked us to compile data together on certain issues. I can't exactly do a survey and only answer it myself, I'm trying to get a wider variety of views out there. But thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I think you need to consult a European forum to determine the "image of America". Maybe the Brit "Guardian" has something you might like.

Thanks so much. Emma

1- Libertarian
2- It depends. Foreign governments who depend on US taxpayers protecting them do not like him The CIA who is populated by folks who still believe in the cold war and who are used to manipulating the president do not like him, etc.
3- Again it, depends. But I do not give a shit about how they think.
4-He MUST restore positive relations with Russia. Let the allies do what they think is best.
5-POSITIVELY, from my standpoint.

I think you are at the wrong place. The people here simply swear at each other and call each other stupid. They for the most part will not take you seriously.
However, for what it's worth I will answer your survey

1. Dem
2. The country will become more divided.
3. Some governments will be frightened of Trump. Others won't take him seriously. He will have a poor image.
4. It's hard to see what positive relations might be. I seriously think Putin has a hold on Trump and Trump in some way is beholden to Putin
5. As I said before. Negatively.

In other words a continuation of Obama???

Thank you for your responses, it's much appreciated. I had the presentation today, showing my class the results I received from the survey. It went very well! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back