Political Donations

Isn't it time to get the money out of politics?

Would you support changes in the tax code disallowing all write-offs for political donations?

Would you support changes in the tax code making the acceptance of any political donations income and taxable?

Of course the devil is in the details of any such proposal, but in principle, shouldn't donations be called what in fact they truly are: BRIBES?

As long as "not for profit" corporations can give to candicates either directly or in kind, they should be retained for everyone. I give frequently, but never because of the deduction.

Yes, I would be pissed if a Rep did the same thing in our position!!

And what would you do if you were POTUS?
First of all I dont ever want to be president but if I was no I would not I would feel the way I feel now

In that case, I think you should be drafted into the oval office.

You see, my belief is that anyone that wants the job should be automatically disqualified. Since you obviously don't want the job, that makes you qualified for the position and I would propose a motion that the job be given to you.

Me on the other hand, just to be certain you understand, it has been my one of my lifelong dreams to be President of the United States of America; therefore, I am not qualified. So don't get any silly ideas about passing on your problems to me ;)

Immie

And what would you do if you were POTUS?
First of all I dont ever want to be president but if I was no I would not I would feel the way I feel now

You see, my belief is that anyone that wants the job should be automatically disqualified. Since you obviously don't want the job, that makes you qualified for the position and I would propose a motion that the job be given to you.

Me on the other hand, just to be certain you understand, it has been my one of my lifelong dreams to be President of the United States of America; therefore, I am not qualified. So don't get any silly ideas about passing on your problems to me ;)

Immie
LOL I would move to Canada first:lol:

Immie
LOL I would move to Canada first:lol:

Draft Dodging is a crime.

You can run but you cannot hide. :)

Immie

Would be much easier if every politician running for President would simply print a book showing the issues and where they stand on each. This could be mailed out to everyone registered to vote. This way all registered voters could get their views without having to endure the never ending mud slinging we so often see, and a controlled media would have no power to sway opinion towards the politician of their choice.

Forum List

Back