Political Donations

Isn't it time to get the money out of politics?

Would you support changes in the tax code disallowing all write-offs for political donations?

Would you support changes in the tax code making the acceptance of any political donations income and taxable?

Of course the devil is in the details of any such proposal, but in principle, shouldn't donations be called what in fact they truly are: BRIBES?

Political Contributions
You cannot deduct contributions made to a political candidate, a campaign committee, or a newsletter fund. Advertisements in convention bulletins and admissions to dinners or programs that benefit a political party or political candidate are not deductible.

Publication 529 (2010), Miscellaneous Deductions

Yeah....my $50 is a 'BRIBE' ..... :eusa_whistle:

I'm not so sure about the donation thing. I do think that it should be illegal for any political candidate to spend more on the election campaign than what the job pays. Example, if the political office pays $200,000 per year than no more than $200,000 could be spent on the campaign. It amazes me how many millions are spend on a Presidential election. I think the whole process is corrupt.

I've been saying for years that the people who want the job can't be trusted with it. And that includes Congress, too.

Control the internet?

Pfffttt..... ME of course!

I think you missed it, but I was talking about a Cable TV Network ;)

Immie

OY!! :redface: I did miss it! :eusa_shhh:

But I still think I should control the internet!!! :lol:

Are you Al Gore on the other side of that monitor?

He's the father of the internet and thus only he has the right to control the internet. ;)

If you are not he... then I suggest you GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!! :lol:

Immie

No such thing as free airtime. Somebody has to pay for it.

And what do you mean by "qualified" candidates?

Qualified?

1) Over 35 years of age.
2) Natural born Citizen.... :razz:
Somehow, I don't think it's that simple with Truthmatters. :lol:

Everything is simple for that simpleton. If it is good the Democrats did it. If it is bad then Republicans did it. Simple as that. Why haven't you figured that out yet?

Immie

Qualified?

1) Over 35 years of age.
2) Natural born Citizen.... :razz:

Everything is simple for that simpleton. If it is good the Democrats did it. If it is bad then Republicans did it. Simple as that. Why haven't you figured that out yet?

Immie
:lol: Yes, I know that, but I want to hear how she determines if a candidate's qualified or not.

I bet there's a litmus test.

Immie
:lol: Yes, I know that, but I want to hear how she determines if a candidate's qualified or not.

Smack!!!

Of course there is.

(D) follows name vote for it.

(R) follows name don't vote for it.

Simple as that!

Immie

Smack!!!

Of course there is.

Simple as that!
Yes. I know that. :doubt:

*sigh*

I want to know about how she'll determine which candidates are qualified to receive this fictional "free" airtime.

Yes, I know it'll all be Democrats. Yes, I know no Republicans will be qualified.

I just want to hear her say it.

Smack!!!

Of course there is.

Simple as that!

*sigh*

I want to know about how she'll determine which candidates are qualified to receive this fictional "free" airtime.

Yes, I know it'll all be Democrats. Yes, I know no Republicans will be qualified.

Hehe,

I think I'm going to have to repeat myself again! :lol:

Oh, and she will ignore your question anyway just like she does everyone else's. If she comments at all it will be to tell you that the Heritage Foundation are right wing frauds or ask you why you don't trust court documents that don't say what she claims they say.

Immie

Isn't it time to get the money out of politics?

Would you support changes in the tax code disallowing all write-offs for political donations?

Would you support changes in the tax code making the acceptance of any political donations income and taxable?

Of course the devil is in the details of any such proposal, but in principle, shouldn't donations be called what in fact they truly are: BRIBES?

100% agree!

Smack!!!

Of course there is.

Simple as that!

*sigh*

Hehe,

Oh, and she will ignore your question anyway just like she does everyone else's. If she comments at all it will be to tell you that the Heritage Foundation are right wing frauds or ask you why you don't trust court documents that don't say what she claims they say.

Immie
...while calling me stupid and misspelling a bunch of words. :lol:

I think you missed it, but I was talking about a Cable TV Network ;)

Immie

OY!! :redface: I did miss it! :eusa_shhh:

But I still think I should control the internet!!! :lol:

Are you Al Gore on the other side of that monitor?

He's the father of the internet and thus only he has the right to control the internet. ;)

If you are not he... then I suggest you GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!! :lol:

Immie

Algore?
Pffftttt.... I kicked his butt to the curb and declared myself Queen of the Internet! :eusa_angel:

*sigh*

Hehe,

Immie

Well duh!

:lol:

Immie

Hehe,

Immie

Well duh!

:lol:

Immie
:lol: :beer:

Explain if you will why both of you support a flat tax? I support a progressive income tax for the simple reason it helps prevent a nobility rising in America.

The UK has a much more "progressive" income tax than we do, yet they have nobility. Maybe we should try a regressive tax if your goal is to prevent nobility.

Except nobility preceded the tax. Don't see it on the rise, do you?

There are more of them now than there were before the tax was around. Does that count as being on the rise, or are you going to move the goalposts?

Forum List

Back