Political censorship is fake right lefties?

I understand it just fine. And Twitter & Facebook are not private. They are publicly owned which puts them under the regulation of the US government
Yes, they are private companies held by private individuals.

They have created a new political commons, and need to be treated as such.
They created it so they control it. That’s how it works in America.
Tell that to those who created our highways, phone lines and airports.

At some point you people will realize that things become integral to our society and without proper oversight they WILL BE ABUSED
Our highways and airports were created by the government silly. If the government had made Twitter, they would be bound by the first amendment. Twitter is not.

Then twitter has to come out and say "We ban conservative opinion"

There's no such requirement. You've made it up.

And your imagination obligates no one to do anything

Their TOS binds them, and theirs makes up shit about them being an open platform.

It doesn't. As they are the arbiters of what violates their terms of service.

So you've made up an imaginary requirement.....and set YOURSELF as the arbiter of whether or not your imagination has been satisfied.

Neither of those work in reality. As your requirements don't exist. And you aren't the arbiter of anyone else's space.

Make your own. None of your rights are being violated.....as you have no right to anyone else's space.

More service to the god of the left, silencing the opposition no matter what.

Or.....your imaginary requirements are imaginary.

And opposition isn't 'silenced'. You have every right to create your own space and say what you like there.

That people won't see, and that is outside the commons, just like you want.

Just admit you are a censoring goon.

Put those comments on your own site. Every person who can access facebook can access your site.

Cop out. You want to be able to point to things like facebook et al, which all have a left bent, and say "that's what everyone is saying"

You want conservatives in the closet, kind of ironic if you think about it.

As well as hypocritical.

Nope.

If you want to share your ideas, feel free to do so on your own website. You're demanding that you get to decide what goes on someone ELSE's site, and that they don't get a say.

Oh, they get a say.

You didn't directly answer my entire point about controlling the narrative.

Just shows how gutless you are.

Oh, your entire narrative is just your opinion. You can believe whatever you'd like.

The issue isn't what YOU believe. Its what Facebook believes, as they are the arbiters of what violates their terms of service. That you disagree with their judgments is irrelevant.

Read the TOS. You don't get a say as to what violates their terms of service. They do.

Your entire narrative is premised on YOU being the sole arbiter of what violates those terms. And, of course, you aren't.

My premise is on them lying about their TOS

Lying....according to you. Violating their TOS...according to you.

But you're nobody. That you disagree with Facebook judging violations of its own terms of service is irrelevant. And doesn't constiitute any violation of your rights.

As Facebook decides what violates its terms of service. Not you.

That you have an opinion doesn't mean that Facebook is bound by it. That you believe yourself the sole authoritative judge of what violates Facebooks terms of service....doesn't mean your rights have been violated.

If you want that kind of power, make your own site.

You are saying my opinion is an opinion.
I'm saying that Facebook determines when their own TOS has been violated. Not you.

By the terms you've agreed to with the terms of Service. Read them.

If you 'feel' that that violates your right, then leave.

I am saying they violate their TOS and you suck their dick because they silence people you want silenced.

Just admit you are a fascist cum bucket.

You're saying that they violated their TOS because you *feel* they did.

But you aren't the authority on whether or not their TOS is violated. They are.

You can't establish a TOS violation. You're still stuck at square one.

I am giving my opinion, you are arguing nothing other than "I get what I want, fuck you"

All you do is suck fascist dick.
Your opinion is that Trump was right to behave like an authoritarian wanna be fascist thug because he did it to hurt someone you don’t like.

It’s a reminder that no one ever was able to break a country alone, they needed idiots like yourself who are so captured by hatred and anger to help them do it.

I understand it just fine. And Twitter & Facebook are not private. They are publicly owned which puts them under the regulation of the US government
Yes, they are private companies held by private individuals.

They have created a new political commons, and need to be treated as such.
They created it so they control it. That’s how it works in America.
Tell that to those who created our highways, phone lines and airports.

At some point you people will realize that things become integral to our society and without proper oversight they WILL BE ABUSED
Our highways and airports were created by the government silly. If the government had made Twitter, they would be bound by the first amendment. Twitter is not.

Then twitter has to come out and say "We ban conservative opinion"

There's no such requirement. You've made it up.

And your imagination obligates no one to do anything

Their TOS binds them, and theirs makes up shit about them being an open platform.

It doesn't. As they are the arbiters of what violates their terms of service.

So you've made up an imaginary requirement.....and set YOURSELF as the arbiter of whether or not your imagination has been satisfied.

Neither of those work in reality. As your requirements don't exist. And you aren't the arbiter of anyone else's space.

Make your own. None of your rights are being violated.....as you have no right to anyone else's space.

More service to the god of the left, silencing the opposition no matter what.

Or.....your imaginary requirements are imaginary.

And opposition isn't 'silenced'. You have every right to create your own space and say what you like there.

That people won't see, and that is outside the commons, just like you want.

Just admit you are a censoring goon.

Put those comments on your own site. Every person who can access facebook can access your site.

Cop out. You want to be able to point to things like facebook et al, which all have a left bent, and say "that's what everyone is saying"

You want conservatives in the closet, kind of ironic if you think about it.

As well as hypocritical.

Nope.

If you want to share your ideas, feel free to do so on your own website. You're demanding that you get to decide what goes on someone ELSE's site, and that they don't get a say.

Oh, they get a say.

You didn't directly answer my entire point about controlling the narrative.

Just shows how gutless you are.

Oh, your entire narrative is just your opinion. You can believe whatever you'd like.

The issue isn't what YOU believe. Its what Facebook believes, as they are the arbiters of what violates their terms of service. That you disagree with their judgments is irrelevant.

Read the TOS. You don't get a say as to what violates their terms of service. They do.

Your entire narrative is premised on YOU being the sole arbiter of what violates those terms. And, of course, you aren't.

My premise is on them lying about their TOS

Lying....according to you. Violating their TOS...according to you.

But you're nobody. That you disagree with Facebook judging violations of its own terms of service is irrelevant. And doesn't constiitute any violation of your rights.

As Facebook decides what violates its terms of service. Not you.

That you have an opinion doesn't mean that Facebook is bound by it. That you believe yourself the sole authoritative judge of what violates Facebooks terms of service....doesn't mean your rights have been violated.

If you want that kind of power, make your own site.

You are saying my opinion is an opinion.
I'm saying that Facebook determines when their own TOS has been violated. Not you.

By the terms you've agreed to with the terms of Service. Read them.

If you 'feel' that that violates your right, then leave.

I am saying they violate their TOS and you suck their dick because they silence people you want silenced.

Just admit you are a fascist cum bucket.

You're saying that they violated their TOS because you *feel* they did.

But you aren't the authority on whether or not their TOS is violated. They are.

You can't establish a TOS violation. You're still stuck at square one.

I am giving my opinion, you are arguing nothing other than "I get what I want, fuck you"

All you do is suck fascist dick.
Your opinion is that Trump was right to behave like an authoritarian wanna be fascist thug because he did it to hurt someone you don’t like.

It’s a reminder that no one ever was able to break a country alone, they needed idiots like yourself who are so captured by hatred and anger to help them do it.

I am arguing that Trump hasn't acted like an Authoritarian, that you exaggerating twats would LOVE an authoritarian as long as it was on your side. You are sheep, wanting government to tuck you in and rub you bottom and tell you you are special.

The only people who will break the country are the Anti-fa BLM types you support.

Twitter bans the Mathematician as he testifies.

Political options that don't conform to the acceptable narrative will be roundly EXECUTED.

I've said it before and I will say it again. BREAK UP THESE GESTAPO ENTITIES. They are the modern day public squares and must be treated as such.

The media in our nation is the spark that will lead to our downfall
A message board is NOT a modern day public square. Its not public, but private. You do not have a right to post on twitter anymore than you do here.

You guys don't seem to get how the 1st amendment actually works. Read its first word to realize your folly.
Fuck off with this garbage. Just like you asshats want to change the second, the first needs changed.

They are private in that they are not owned by the government.

The company is publicly traded which does not mean the public owns it but rather that they can buy shares.

We are talking about POLITICAL DISCRIMINATION.

All other forms of discrimination are illegal but this. That makes ZERO sense as it is the most dangerous type of discrimination there is.

You are literally creating a mortal ailment to our nation. What happens to every nation where political opposition is forced underground?

The writing is on the wall and only a fool doesn't see it

So get the Civil Rights act amended.

And the first amendment doesn't guarantee you an audience nor does it force anyone to provide a venue for you to exercise your freedom of speech.

So get a URL and start posting away if what you have to say is worth anything maybe some people will visit your website.

All other forms of discrimination are illegal but this. That makes ZERO sense as it is the most dangerous type of discrimination there is.

You are literally creating a mortal ailment to our nation. What happens to every nation where political opposition is forced underground?

And the first amendment doesn't guarantee you an audience nor does it force anyone to provide a venue for you to exercise your freedom of speech.

So get a URL and start posting away if what you have to say is worth anything maybe some people will visit your website.

If it did, then I would have every constitutional right to go right into Marty's livingroom, spray paint 'BIDEN HARRIS 2020' in the middle of his living room wall, and he could neither stop me....nor ever take it down.

Alas, that's not how the 1st amendment works. The first word of that amendment demonstrates the absurdity of the entire argument.

Political options that don't conform to the acceptable narrative will be roundly EXECUTED.

I've said it before and I will say it again. BREAK UP THESE GESTAPO ENTITIES. They are the modern day public squares and must be treated as such.

A message board is NOT a modern day public square. Its not public, but private. You do not have a right to post on twitter anymore than you do here.

You guys don't seem to get how the 1st amendment actually works. Read its first word to realize your folly.

I see. You sound like you advocate the left's behavior knowing they have control of all sources of information. In other terms, you condone misinformation and no information favoring their ideologies & politics only. Interesting.

First word is Congress. Perhaps you should read the first amendment to realize your folly.

Last edited:

I see. You sound like you advocate the left's behavior knowing they have control of all sources of information. In other terms, you condone misinformation and no information favoring their ideologies & politics only. Interesting.

Facebook is all sources of information? Is that really the hill you want your argument to die on?

Because a quick trip to say, any other website would contradict that assumption almost immediately.

First word is Congress. Perhaps you should read the first amendment to realize your folly.

Indeed. Congress is the first word of the 1st amendment.

Not Facebook.

Do you see the absurdity of citing an amendment forbidding Congress from enacting laws prohibiting the exercise of free speech.......as somehow preventing Facebook from curating Terms of Service violations on its own website?

Last edited:

Yes it is, but let them ban one lefty loon and you political hack-tivist would burn the place to the ground.

Yes it is, but let them ban one lefty loon and you political hack-tivist would burn the place to the ground.

No it isn't. Its not a public square. Its a private one. Everyone in that square has to get permission from Twitter as the website belongs to them.

The idea that the public can simply declare that private property 'public' and seize control from its owners is one of the more Marxist things I've seen in recent memory.

Fuck off with this garbage. Just like you asshats want to change the second, the first needs changed.

Wow. Just....wow.

No, facebook is privately owned. 'Publicly traded' merely means that any private individual or organization can purchase shares. Not that the company is 'publicly owned'. Its owned by private shareholders.

You clearly don’t understand at all; the thread premise is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

FB and Twitter are private in that they are not part of government – the First Amendment and the right to free speech concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities, such as social media.

As private entities FB and Twitter are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit – editing that in no manner ‘violates’ free speech or free expression.

You and others on the right want FB ‘broken up’ not because of ‘free speech’ or ‘censorship,’ but because you’re angry that FB and other social media sites refuse to tolerate rightwing hate speech, fake news, misinformation, and lies.

Just as FB is at liberty to edit its content as it sees fit, you’re likewise at liberty to not patronize FB and other social media platforms.

You clearly don’t understand at all; the thread premise is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

FB and Twitter are private in that they are not part of government – the First Amendment and the right to free speech concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities, such as social media.

As private entities FB and Twitter are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit – editing that in no manner ‘violates’ free speech or free expression.

You and others on the right want FB ‘broken up’ not because of ‘free speech’ or ‘censorship,’ but because you’re angry that FB and other social media sites refuse to tolerate rightwing hate speech, fake news, misinformation, and lies.

Just as FB is at liberty to edit its content as it sees fit, you’re likewise at liberty to not patronize FB and other social media platforms.

What they want....is for their feelings to be the sole authoritative arbiter of what other people are allowed on their own websites.

Its the snowflakiest snowflake that ever flaked.

If it did, then I would have every constitutional right to go right into Marty's livingroom, spray paint 'BIDEN HARRIS 2020' in the middle of his living room wall, and he could neither stop me....nor ever take it down.

Alas, that's not how the 1st amendment works. The first word of that amendment demonstrates the absurdity of the entire argument.
No you wouldn't.

You have to be invited into someone else's home.

The internet is not private property. No one is stopping you from posting whatever drivel you want to online. Shit you can start a blog for free.

The first word of the First Amendment is Congress. And while Congress can be ridiculous at times the fact that Congress is the first word of the First Amendment in no way makes the entire amendment ridiculous.

The fact of the matter is that no private company or individual can do anything that violates your first amendment rights.

Facebook is all sources of information? Is that really the hill you want your argument to die on?

Because a quick trip to say, any other website would contradict that assumption almost immediately.

Indeed. Congress is the first word of the 1st amendment.

Not Facebook.

Do you see the absurdity of citing an amendment forbidding Congress from enacting laws prohibiting the exercise of free speech.......as somehow preventing Facebook from curating Terms of Service violations on its own website?

Does anyone see where I mentioned Facebook? Pretty sure Skylar's response is code for can't find a way out.

The "left" doesn't control Fuax, OAN or any social media outlet the RW nutter squad populates. And the right "censors" too. Epich Times, Parler

In a market place of ideas, which The Founders envisioned, the winner is the one who gets the biggest audience

The "left" doesn't control Fuax, OAN or any social media outlet the RW nutter squad populates. And the right "censors" too. Epich Times, Parler

In a market place of ideas, which The Founders envisioned, the winner is the one who gets the biggest audience
An infotainment category!

It can be infotainment. Aren't Lou Dobbs and Maddow infotainment? I don't watch either.

But the thread was about twitter (and maybe face book). Twitter apparently made a biz decision that it maximizes its number of users by "censoring" factually fantastic fantasies about Trump actually winning or Biden not winning 270plus EV. It has that right to make a decision in it's own PRIVATE and fincancial interests. If it's wrong then Epoch Times or some other site will take market share. That's what the Framers envisioned.

It can be infotainment. Aren't Lou Dobbs and Maddow infotainment? I don't watch either.

But the thread was about twitter (and maybe face book). Twitter apparently made a biz decision that it maximizes its number of users by "censoring" factually fantastic fantasies about Trump actually winning or Biden not winning 270plus EV. It has that right to make a decision in it's own PRIVATE and fincancial interests. If it's wrong then Epoch Times or some other site will take market share. That's what the Framers envisioned.
I agree with your point of view.

Forum List

Back