Political Bullying in Our Public Schools

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
This needs to stop. Where is Tammy's outrage? Fortunately, the parents of this kid arent taking this nonsense

What happened?

You see, Jackson supports Trump.
"I just feel like our country wasn't in a great place," he told WBZ-TV. "I just wanted to learn more about Donald Trump because it seemed like he was making our country rise again and become America again."
But supporting Trump isn't always the safest path to take. Then the seventh grader said the fateful moment happened.
"The teacher asked, 'Who supports Donald Trump?'" Jackson recalled to WHDH-TV. "And I was the only one to raise my hand."

He noted to WBZ that "a few kids were going to raise their hands, but then they heard the teacher say to me, 'Oh Mr. Jackson, I thought I liked you.'"

It got worse.
"Then she asked why I support a racist and a pedophile," he noted to WHDH.
Jackson added to the station that "she also said, 'I am ashamed of any woman who voted for Donald Trump,' and I told her my mom and one of my grandmothers voted for Donald Trump."
Other kids in the class smelled blood — and apparently his teacher did, too.
"I was just upset because other kids in the class were ganging up on me, laughing at me, and she was laughing and wouldn't say anything to them," Jackson noted to WHDH.

Lawyering up

Once Jackson's family found out what went down in his class, they fought back.
They contacted a First Amendment attorney and asked the school for an apology, WBZ said — and got one.
Jackson told WHDH that the teacher later apologized to him in front of the entire class, and he said that helped.
"We tell them to stand up for yourself and don't be afraid to speak your opinion," Jackson's father, Jay Cody told WBZ. "Their opinions are theirs; they're not our opinions. They're very well read children. They like to educate themselves on their own topics. Unfortunately they do disagree with us very often."

bb3172d7b9d8fc911dee1b69db4b1f08.jpg

The apology that was put out there was only made because it had it be. It wasn't voluntary and so in my opinion, if the teacher can't be fired or suspended, the boy should be transferred to another class. Because she hates what he thinks where the election is concerned, how much can she be trusted to grade him fairly whenever his homework assignments are turned in and his tests are taken?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

I was teased in High School for my political views ... my parents told the school to suspend me ... they could deal with the problem at home ... just taking away my copy of the Communist Manifesto didn't help though ... it was my first paycheck that turned me into the Capitalist I am today ... money rocks ...

This needs to stop. Where is Tammy's outrage? Fortunately, the parents of this kid arent taking this nonsense

What happened?

You see, Jackson supports Trump.
"I just feel like our country wasn't in a great place," he told WBZ-TV. "I just wanted to learn more about Donald Trump because it seemed like he was making our country rise again and become America again."
But supporting Trump isn't always the safest path to take. Then the seventh grader said the fateful moment happened.
"The teacher asked, 'Who supports Donald Trump?'" Jackson recalled to WHDH-TV. "And I was the only one to raise my hand."

He noted to WBZ that "a few kids were going to raise their hands, but then they heard the teacher say to me, 'Oh Mr. Jackson, I thought I liked you.'"

It got worse.
"Then she asked why I support a racist and a pedophile," he noted to WHDH.
Jackson added to the station that "she also said, 'I am ashamed of any woman who voted for Donald Trump,' and I told her my mom and one of my grandmothers voted for Donald Trump."
Other kids in the class smelled blood — and apparently his teacher did, too.
"I was just upset because other kids in the class were ganging up on me, laughing at me, and she was laughing and wouldn't say anything to them," Jackson noted to WHDH.

Lawyering up

Once Jackson's family found out what went down in his class, they fought back.
They contacted a First Amendment attorney and asked the school for an apology, WBZ said — and got one.
Jackson told WHDH that the teacher later apologized to him in front of the entire class, and he said that helped.
"We tell them to stand up for yourself and don't be afraid to speak your opinion," Jackson's father, Jay Cody told WBZ. "Their opinions are theirs; they're not our opinions. They're very well read children. They like to educate themselves on their own topics. Unfortunately they do disagree with us very often."

Where is the reaction from the teacher? Was the teacher interviewed?

I was teased in High School for my political views ... my parents told the school to suspend me ... they could deal with the problem at home ...
Why should you be the one who gets suspended when you were the one who was being targeted by everyone else? Suspending you would only add more to what you were already having to endure.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Teachers that pull this crap should be fired immediately.

Mega unions that protect crap like this have given even the small trade unions a bad rap when they shouldn't have one unless one of their members pulls crap.

Then there would be no teachers. They are almost all just like that.

I was teased in High School for my political views ... my parents told the school to suspend me ... they could deal with the problem at home ...
Why should you be the one who gets suspended when you were the one who was being targeted by everyone else? Suspending you would only add more to what you were already having to endure.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Mid '70's was not a good time to be spouting Marx, Lenin or Stalin rhetoric, especially in Reagan's California ... remember:

"But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow"

For the record, I was never suspended for this ... the school officials just laughed ...

I was teased in High School for my political views ... my parents told the school to suspend me ... they could deal with the problem at home ... just taking away my copy of the Communist Manifesto didn't help though ... it was my first paycheck that turned me into the Capitalist I am today ... money rocks ...
If you were an hourly that would not make you a capitalist, just a worker.

Teachers that pull this crap should be fired immediately.

Mega unions that protect crap like this have given even the small trade unions a bad rap when they shouldn't have one unless one of their members pulls crap.

Then there would be no teachers. They are almost all just like that.

Bullshit.
ditto

A tenured old bag who would claim son was throwing up on purpose who wouldn't let son go to lunch (the boy was actually tossing up blood because of a hernia and needed something in his stomach to keep acids at bay) was kept on and a younger great teacher was let go because she didn't have tenure.

If you were an hourly that would not make you a capitalist, just a worker.

Yeah ... business opportunities are limited for the typical 14-year-old ... I think I was 23 when I started my first business, not much to brag about ... in my early 30's before I went full time with it ...

Forum List

Back