Polish President's Plane Crashes In Poland

So wait. According to some comments here, Putin is basically a evil mastermind who is going to be stupid enough to kill off the Polish President by having the guy's plane crash in Russia itself?

I know the guy is a perfect fit for a Bond villain, but he's not stupid.

One cannot always get one's victim to be in the right place at the right time, I expect.

One must seize the opportunity where one finds it.

But hey, who knows?

It might simply be a plane crash, too.

Last thing the Russians want is something like this.

They don't want people remembering all kinds of deatails that this will dredge up. Like the fact they were the Nazis allies at the time. This was supposed to be an opportunity for catharsis and laying ghosts to rest. Now everything they have worked for has gone down the chute.

And Poland has real good reasons for anger and grief too. They were really lucky to have a real good president who was doing a terrific job keeping the economy moving. (who would have thought when I was growing up that we would have reason to envy the Poles because they had better/smarter political leadership than us) Now the really good guy is gone, and who will replace him is going to be a hard problem.

I think from now on, the Poles will buy Airbus or Boeing.

The purpose of the MDS was not a defense of Poland or Europe from Russia. However, Obama certainly DID screw Poland because part of the deal was a quid pro quo: Poland was to allow land for our radar and our mid-flight interceptors and we sould give Poland missiles for their defense.

So, yes. Obama screwed Poland.

You two ladies just can't resist using the dead to score some cheap quick political points huh?

This has nothing to do with the MDS. Talk about obsessed with hating Obama. :thup:
Actually, kid (as our gender seems to be important to you, your immaturity - chronicalogically and mentally - should be mentioned), it does have something to do with it. It's the bigger picture.

Actually, kid (as our gender seems to be important to you, your immaturity - chronicalogically and mentally - should be mentioned), it does have something to do with it. It's the bigger picture.

Actually, it has nothing to do with this event specifically.

By the way, I decided to say ladies and be respectable instead of saying complete fucking idiots.

But hey, if you want to try and insult my age yet AGAIN, be my guest. :thup:

Actually, it has nothing to do with this event specifically.

By the way, I decided to say ladies and be respectable instead of saying complete fucking idiots.

But hey, if you want to try and insult my age yet AGAIN, be my guest. :thup:
Awww, the kid thinks being called a kid is an insult. Isn't that cute.

If you believe that individual political events occur in a vaccum, you are even more moronic than I have concluded.

I wouldn't put it past the Russians, but I think it's unlikely. There just isn't much to be gained from it.

Isnt there? They get rid of the guy who is causing them problems in Poland. Opening up an chance for them to get their guy in charge of Poland.

I dont think we are paying attention to the game that Putin is playing.

If you believe that individual political events occur in a vaccum, you are even more moronic than I have concluded.

Actually, I just take a look at the facts instead of making statements based off no facts.

Polish leader, 96 others dead in Russia jet crash - Yahoo! News

Andrei Yevseyenkov, spokesman for the Smolensk regional government, said Russian dispatchers asked the crew to divert from the military airport in North Smolensk and land instead in Minsk, the capital of neighboring Belarus, or in Moscow because of the fog.

While traffic controllers generally have the final word in whether it is safe for a plane to land, they can and do leave it to the pilots' discretion.
Air Force Gen. Alexander Alyoshin confirmed that the pilot disregarded instructions to fly to another airfield.

"But they continued landing, and it ended, unfortunately, with a tragedy," the Interfax news agency quoted Alyoshin as saying. He added that the pilot makes the final decision about whether to land.

Poland has long discussed replacing the planes that carry the country's leaders but said they lacked the funds.

Polish-Russian relations had been improving of late after being poisoned for decades over the Katyn massacre of some 22,000 Polish officers.
Russia never has formally apologized for the murders but Putin's decision to attend a memorial ceremony earlier this week in the forest near Katyn was seen as a gesture of goodwill toward reconciliation. Kaczynski wasn't invited to that event. Putin, as prime minister, had invited his Polish counterpart, Tusk.

Polish president, 96 others killed in jet crash - Europe- msnbc.com

According to the Aviation Safety Network, there have been 66 crashes involving Tu-154s in the past four decades, including six in the past five years. The Russian carrier Aeroflot recently withdrew its Tu-154 fleet from service, largely because the planes do not meet international noise restrictions and use too much fuel.

Actually, I just take a look at the facts instead of making statements based off no facts.

Polish leader, 96 others dead in Russia jet crash - Yahoo! News

Andrei Yevseyenkov, spokesman for the Smolensk regional government, said Russian dispatchers asked the crew to divert from the military airport in North Smolensk and land instead in Minsk, the capital of neighboring Belarus, or in Moscow because of the fog.

While traffic controllers generally have the final word in whether it is safe for a plane to land, they can and do leave it to the pilots' discretion.
Air Force Gen. Alexander Alyoshin confirmed that the pilot disregarded instructions to fly to another airfield.

"But they continued landing, and it ended, unfortunately, with a tragedy," the Interfax news agency quoted Alyoshin as saying. He added that the pilot makes the final decision about whether to land.

Polish-Russian relations had been improving of late after being poisoned for decades over the Katyn massacre of some 22,000 Polish officers.
Russia never has formally apologized for the murders but Putin's decision to attend a memorial ceremony earlier this week in the forest near Katyn was seen as a gesture of goodwill toward reconciliation. Kaczynski wasn't invited to that event. Putin, as prime minister, had invited his Polish counterpart, Tusk.

Polish president, 96 others killed in jet crash - Europe- msnbc.com

According to the Aviation Safety Network, there have been 66 crashes involving Tu-154s in the past four decades, including six in the past five years. The Russian carrier Aeroflot recently withdrew its Tu-154 fleet from service, largely because the planes do not meet international noise restrictions and use too much fuel.
I'll wait for the investigation to be completed before I make any conclusions. Your mileage differs based on how far up someone's ass you are.

I'll wait for the investigation to be completed before I make any conclusions. Your mileage differs based on how far up someone's ass you are.

That's right, now backpeddle instead of just accusing Putin of going all Bond Villain on half of one of the two major political parties in Poland with no real evidence other than suspicions.

There's other information out there:

Such as there being their 4th attempt to land the plane.

Plus, another plane being denied landing about fifteen minutes earlier.

That's right, now backpeddle instead of just accusing Putin of going all Bond Villain on half of one of the two major political parties in Poland with no real evidence other than suspicions.

There's other information out there:

Such as there being their 4th attempt to land the plane.

Plus, another plane being denied landing about fifteen minutes earlier.
Man, you are seriously retarded or hallucinating. You cannot even understand the written word. My correction of someone's perception of the MDS in Poland equates to my thinking Putin is a Bond villian in your bizarre thought processes. :cuckoo:

You are insane.

Man, you are seriously retarded or hallucinating. You cannot even understand the written word. My correction of someone's perception of the MDS in Poland equates to my thinking Putin is a Bond villian in your bizarre thought processes. :cuckoo:

You are insane.

No. You seem to think Putin was behind this however. I just used the Bond Villain example as if to say you think he's behind this with some evil plot, like a Bond villain. You're the one who is telling me and I quote:

"If you believe that individual political events occur in a vaccum, you are even more moronic than I have concluded."

I wouldn't put it past the Russians, but I think it's unlikely. There just isn't much to be gained from it.

Isnt there? They get rid of the guy who is causing them problems in Poland. Opening up an chance for them to get their guy in charge of Poland.

I dont think we are paying attention to the game that Putin is playing.

You can take Putin out of the KGB...But not the KGB out of Putin.

You are insane.

No. You seem to think Putin was behind this however. I just used the Bond Villain example as if to say you think he's behind this with some evil plot, like a Bond villain. You're the one who is telling me and I quote:

"If you believe that individual political events occur in a vaccum, you are even more moronic than I have concluded."
Again, your comprehension 'skills' fail you. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. Two points I have made: (1) I clarified the MDS, and (2) I stated that political events do not occur in a vacuum.

Now, you invent some sort of "Bond" conspiracy for me based on that?

You are insane or retarded (or just feel like making shit up for trolling reasons).

Last edited:

You are insane or retarded.

:eusa_eh: You seem to not get the point I'm getting at.

And I'm neither insane or mentally handicapped.

What is it with the use of the word "retard" on here however?

And let me ask you something, what if I was "retarded"?

Do you go up to special needs kids going "What's up retard?" :eusa_eh:

You are insane or retarded.

:eusa_eh: You seem to not get the point I'm getting at.

And I'm neither insane or mentally handicapped.

What is it with the use of the word "retard" on here however?

And let me ask you something, what if I was "retarded"?

Do you go up to special needs kids going "What's up retard?" :eusa_eh:
Good, you realize your projection of false views onto me is retarded.

:disbelief:

And you tell me to get better reading comprehension. :lol:

You never did answer my questions though. I did answer yours though. However, at the going rate, this room isn't going to be big enough for you, me, and your massive ego.

If Putin were to do this as a KGB type op, which I doubt this is, he would arrange it at Cassino.

There is no benifit to anyone from this. The Russians want to keep their behavior between 1939 and 1940 very very quiet. They don't want the whole world asking inconvinent questions about the meaning of this place. what would have been a quiet time allowing a chance to move on has now become a world wide story. And Katyn Forest brings up all kinds of ghosts that the Russians really badly want to forget.

That Putin may in a small way benefit from this is a remote possiblity. What we will get instead is intense Polish anger and intransigence vis a vis Russia. It doesn't matter that the territory that the Russians stole in 1939 has been inherited by someone else. It was a Russian crime. Hate has a long memory, and this just adds kerosine and Florine to an already too hot fire.

:disbelief:

And you tell me to get better reading comprehension. :lol:

You never did answer my questions though. I did answer yours though. However, at the going rate, this room isn't going to be big enough for you, me, and your massive ego.
I don't answer questions that are irrelevant to my points (already made and again summarized for you when you projected some bizarre view onto them that had nothing to do with the English words I typed). If you have one, then ask it.

If Putin were to do this as a KGB type op, which I doubt this is, he would arrange it at Cassino.

There is no benifit to anyone from this. The Russians want to keep their behavior between 1939 and 1940 very very quiet. They don't want the whole world asking inconvinent questions about the meaning of this place. what would have been a quiet time allowing a chance to move on has now become a world wide story. And Katyn Forest brings up all kinds of ghosts that the Russians really badly want to forget.

That Putin may in a small way benefit from this is a remote possiblity. What we will get instead is intense Polish anger and intransigence vis a vis Russia. It doesn't matter that the territory that the Russians stole in 1939 has been inherited by someone else. It was a Russian crime. Hate has a long memory, and this just adds kerosine and Florine to an already too hot fire.

Thank you for being a voice of reason in this thread. :thup:

Forum List

Back