Polish Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem a little self-conscious about being Polish, or having Polish ancestry (whichever it is). To me, the Polish were basically one chapter in my history book every year, until I met a Polish woman in college who drove me crazy (the one that got away. One of many, that is).

So please, stop caring so much. No one else does.

Polish have poor views in Western countries, so why shouldn't I find for that reputation?

Really, they don't. Everyone has jokes written told about them. Pretty much every group on the planet.. Why should the Poles be an exception? Especially since it's usually Americans of Polish ancestry that make the Pollock jokes in the first place.

The only thing bad about the Poles' reputation in the States is that people feel that SOME of them don't want to assimilate, don't want to learn the language, thus they work menial jobs all while resenting their host country.

Polish jokes are more prevalent, and also dehumanizing than most other jokes

Lie.

ya ain't sh1t if you ain't American, 'im2' . Oh , now i remember who you are , like i said , you ain't nothing unless you are an American 'IM2' .

Last edited:
Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. The largest wave of Polish immigration came in the late 19th and early 20th century. This was for two main reasons: 1. terrible economic conditions in Poland (which at that point was not a country but partitioned between Austria, Germany, and Russia), which led to mass hunger and 2. ethnic persecution, especially in the section ruled by Russia. cIn 1903, the New England Magazine This was a mainstream publication. decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed . potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian.David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured.

How do you become “white” in America?

A fool laughs when shown the truth.

The Poles did a lot of the early work in cracking the German code machine Enigma, which it handed over to the French and the British, along with accurate replicas of Enigma, just before the German invasion of Poland. Many Poles that fled Poland to France and then England became pilots or soldiers that actively fought the Germans. Long after both Germany and the Soviet Union invaded and split up Poland among them, Poland still exists while Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union are no more.

Forget fingerprints – banks are starting to use vein patterns for ATMs
New technology is thought to be as accurate in identifying individuals as iris scans and is making a European debut in Poland

vein-pattern-scanner-009.jpg

An ATM that identifies customers by the pattern of veins in their finger. Photograph: ITCARD/Hitachi
Banks and building societies
New technology is thought to be as accurate in identifying individuals as iris scans and is making a European debut in Poland

Wednesday 14 May 2014 09.46 EDT First published on Wednesday 14 May 2014 09.46 EDT

Cash machine cards may become a thing of the past following the launch of new hi-tech ATMs which let users withdraw money simply by pressing their finger on an infra-red reader that identifies them from the unique pattern of veins in their hand.

Poland has become the first country in Europe to introduce a network of "finger vein ID" cash machines, with 2,000 of the new ATMs opening in bank branches and supermarkets across the country this year, backed by a marketing campaign that promises "cash within your finger".

This was done in Silicon Valley in the 90s. I know. I worked on it. And it wasn't developed in Poland. Those machines are from Hitachi in England.. And they are NOT better metrics than fingerprints. The only thing they prevent is folks using a dead finger to try and hack an ATM.

Seems like a lot of work for stealing someone's $200 cash limit. But -- maybe in Poland it's a problem. :biggrin:

You seem a little self-conscious about being Polish, or having Polish ancestry (whichever it is). To me, the Polish were basically one chapter in my history book every year, until I met a Polish woman in college who drove me crazy (the one that got away. One of many, that is).

So please, stop caring so much. No one else does.

Polish have poor views in Western countries, so why shouldn't I find for that reputation?

Really, they don't. Everyone has jokes written told about them. Pretty much every group on the planet.. Why should the Poles be an exception? Especially since it's usually Americans of Polish ancestry that make the Pollock jokes in the first place.

The only thing bad about the Poles' reputation in the States is that people feel that SOME of them don't want to assimilate, don't want to learn the language, thus they work menial jobs all while resenting their host country.

Polish jokes are more prevalent, and also dehumanizing than most other jokes

Not when Poles tell them..

Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. The largest wave of Polish immigration came in the late 19th and early 20th century. This was for two main reasons: 1. terrible economic conditions in Poland (which at that point was not a country but partitioned between Austria, Germany, and Russia), which led to mass hunger and 2. ethnic persecution, especially in the section ruled by Russia. cIn 1903, the New England Magazine This was a mainstream publication. decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed . potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian.David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured.

Is this more validation of the ever more popular "I identify as I feel today" mentality? So the answer is --- according to that post -- that FEELINGS about whiteness or blackness is more important than the simple FACT of what you'll ALWAYS be...

Is this more validation of the ever more popular "I identify as I feel today" mentality? So the answer is --- according to that post -- that FEELINGS about whiteness or blackness is more important than the simple FACT of what you'll ALWAYS be...

No, this is a show of proof how the polish practiced the same discrimination against people of color as every other white ethnic group therefore this thread is a bunch of whiny nonsense if it is created to even try equating what the polish endure to what people of color have in America. You won't see me saying anywhere that everyone had it easy, but no one white has had to endure what we have. Now if you want to argue about ethnocentrism fine, but don't call what the polish get from other whites racism, because that is not what it is.

However when the OP can consistently talk about blacks living off the government and he's paying for us, blacks being less intelligent , blacks having lower IQ's and all that, then he is a racist.

this is a show of proof how the polish practiced the same discrimination against people of color as every other white ethnic group

I'm not getting that from the material you posted.. Maybe YOU should read it again. Because what I GOT from your material was that the Poles WERE victims and tools of the Irish and other Whites who APPARENTLY just tried to convince them that they were not white. But EVENTUALLY -- SOMEHOW --- it all worked out that they were white after all. Or maybe they aren't. But the IMPORTANT point to YOU was --- Poles were NOT black..

Do I have right now? Was there RACIAL discrimination against the Poles? Against the Irish? Are those even "races"???

this is a show of proof how the polish practiced the same discrimination against people of color as every other white ethnic group

I'm not getting that from the material you posted.. Maybe YOU should read it again. Because what I GOT from your material was that the Poles WERE victims and tools of the Irish and other Whites who APPARENTLY just tried to convince them that they were not white. But EVENTUALLY -- SOMEHOW --- it all worked out that they were white after all. Or maybe they aren't. But the IMPORTANT point to YOU was --- Poles were NOT black..

Do I have right now? Was there RACIAL discrimination against the Poles? Against the Irish? Are those even "races"???

You cannot call whites discriminating against whites racial discrimination. This is ethnic discrimination. What happened to the Polish, Irish, Italians, etc., was ethnocentrism not racism. They did this among themselves. Blacks did to do this to them. This is where whites get things conflated in their attempt to lecture us on how we didn't have it so hard and how we weren't the only ones that were victims of racism. Whites were not victims of racism. Ethnocentrism is not racism. Not saying it's a good thing, but it is not racism. And at the same time while whites were doing this to each other, every white group practiced discrimination against blacks and other non whites. Notice the last sentence because THAT is my point, not the simplistic conclusion that Poles were not black.

No, this is a show of proof how the polish practiced the same discrimination against people of color as every other white ethnic group therefore this thread is a bunch of whiny nonsense if it is created to even try equating what the polish endure to what people of color have in America. You won't see me saying anywhere that everyone had it easy, but no one white has had to endure what we have. Now if you want to argue about ethnocentrism fine, but don't call what the polish get from other whites racism, because that is not what it is.

However when the OP can consistently talk about blacks living off the government and he's paying for us, blacks being less intelligent , blacks having lower IQ's and all that, then he is a racist.

Poles, and Italians in the U.S can be very racist, because they were generally the last Whites to leave the cities, and found their neighborhoods overrun by Blacks, and Hispanics who degraded their neighborhoods etc.

I don't think a lot of Poles, and Italians would have left the cities, had they not seen their neighborhoods terrorized by you know who.

The Poles, and Italians had tightly knit ethnic enclaves, and you people broke our families away from that with terror.

Poles, and Italians in the U.S can be very racist, because they were generally the last Whites to leave the cities, and found their neighborhoods overrun by Blacks, and Hispanics who degraded their neighborhoods etc.

I don't think a lot of Poles, and Italians would have left the cities, had they not seen their neighborhoods terrorized by you know who.

The Poles, and Italians had tightly knit ethnic enclaves, and you people broke our families away from that with terror.

You see this is the kind of unnecessary racism that starts fights. Nobody entered your neighborhoods and terrorized anything or degraded anything. simply put no one had claim to any neighborhood.

You see this is the kind of unnecessary racism that starts fights. Nobody entered your neighborhoods and terrorized anything or degraded anything. simply put no one had claim to any neighborhood.

This is why Poles left their neighborhoods.

I believe this is where RayfromCleveland is initially from, so you can understand why he feels the way he does.

Considering the mockery, and slander / libel against Poles I think it's necessary.

Has any ethnic population been more scapegoated, and slandered?

There's so many negative stereotypes upon Poles, like dumb Polak, thieves, criminals, drunks, prostitutes, weak at war, using horses in WW2, starting WW2 in Bromberg Massacre, being the land of the Holocaust, being Nazi collaborators.

Most of these are downright slander / libel, or and many others are extreme exaggerations.

.1.) Are Poles dumb?
Poland in the Renaissance was the European leader in science, even the Scientific Revolution came from Poland thanks to Copernicus, and Albert Brudzewski.

Polish Americans scored a massive 109 IQ.
While Poland's IQ is considered to be 99, this is by no means low.
The PISA scores of Poland are high, the literacy rates of Poland are high, and Poland wins many intellectual competitions like the IBM Battle of the Brains Contest, the University Rover Challenge, the Google Online Marketing Challenge, Google Code Jam, among others.

So, no I wouldn't say Poles are particularly dumb.,

2.) Thieves, or criminals?

Poland was the first European country to successfully hold off slavery.

Poland had no involved in Colonialism, nor the Atlantic Slave Trade of thievery, or Criminality.

As for common criminals?

Poland's murder rate is now lower than the EU average.

There's an extreme exaggeration of Polish as being a particularly criminal population in UK media, and British circles.

But, Poles are estimated to have 6,700 or so criminals yearly, as opposed to 1.19 million criminals yearly in the UK.

This would support that 0.5% of criminals in the UK were Polish, while over 1.0% of the UK was Polish.

So, actually Poles are underrepresented in crime in the UK.

3.) Drunks?

This map shows that Poles were less likely to be diagnosed with alcoholism than most of Northern Europe.

pca_sociocultural_plots.png

4.) Prostitutes?

Poles have one of the latest ages for losing virginity in Europe.

While, there might be some Polish prostitutes.

Most Polish girls are if anything more prude than most of Europe.

5.) Weak at war?

I don't think anyone has won more battles when outnumbered than Poles.

Quite a few Polish battles come to mind, the Battle of Hodow, Battle of Klushino, Battle of Kircholm, Battle of Lubieszow, Battle of Trembowla, battle of fuengirola etc.

6.( While it's true that Poles had Horse units in WW2.

So did everyone else except Great Britain.

Actually the Nazis, and Soviets each had many times more Horses than Poland.

So, why do many anti-Polish Nazis, and anti-Polish Soviets ignore these facts?

7.) Bromberg Massacre starting before WW2 is not historically accepted.

But, many Nazis, or German sympathizers try, none the less.

I think the fact that Nazi Germany had claimed a Bromberg Massacre was going on since March of 1939, but invaded Czechoslovakia in March of 1939 instead of Poland says all that needs to be said.

8.) While it's true that Poland is where many Concentration Camps are located.

The Nazi Germans had annexed this land.

Furthermore Nazi Germany first put Poles into Auschwitz, rather than Jews.

Up to 100's of thousands of Poles passed through the Concentration Camps, and 100's of thousands of more Poles were killed in Nazi massacres, including Wola Massacre, the Ponary Massace, Operation Tannenberg etc.

9.) Poland was the first nation to fight the Nazis.

After the Nazis had invaded, Poland had the biggest anti-Nazi resistance in occupied Europe.

Poles had the highest number of Righteous Among the Nations risk their lives to save Holocaust victim Jews, some serious names come to mind like Eugene Lazowski, Henryk Slawik, or Irena Sendler.
(This is in spite of the fact that Poland was the only nation in occupied Europe that a death penalty was created for aiding Holocaust Jews.

Zegota was an entire Polish organization which had dedicate their time, lives, and resources to aiding Holocaust victim Jews.

With that said, Poles like all populations of Europe had some Nazi collaborators.

But, there's no recorded Polish Nazi SS units in Europe.

Furthermore even the Jews had some Nazi collaborators.
Actually the Jewish historian Emanuel Ringelblum who lived his last days in the Nazi controlled Warsaw Ghetto, had admitted that Jewish Nazi collaborators of the Jewish Ghetto Police, were more brutal than Polish Nazi collaborators of the Polish Blue Police.
This calls for some good jokes. The time is right. And with humor timing is everything.

I'll start with a litany of riddles first then I will tell a story about the only WW2 Polish flying ace.

Why is it rare to get an invitation to a Polish wedding?

[Because Polish girls shack up not marry.]

Why is there a pile of trash in the corner of every Polish wedding?

[Keeps the flies off the bride.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back