Police walk out of WNBA game

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Can't say I blame them.

Minneapolis police leave Lynx game over shirts

ESPN.com news services When members of the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx wore T-shirts seeking change following the deaths of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling, who were both fatally shot by police officers recently, they weren't the only group taking action Saturday. Four off-duty Minneapolis police officers who were working security for Saturday's Lynx game elected to leave their job at Target Center over the players' stance. "I commend them for it," Lt. Bob Kroll, president of the Minneapolis Police Federation said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. While Kroll did not know the identities of the four officers, he said they may not be the last to take such a stand. "Others said they heard ...

Good.....no reason to support ignorant haters.........of course the one guy they are supporting is a sex offender felon who was carrying an illegal gun...

The new heroes of the black Civil Rights movement....criminals.....who are one of the main reasons blacks are murdered...

Can't say I blame them.

ESPN.com news services When members of the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx wore T-shirts seeking change following the deaths of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling, who were both fatally shot by police officers recently, they weren't the only group taking action Saturday. Four off-duty Minneapolis police officers who were working security for Saturday's Lynx game elected to leave their job at Target Center over the players' stance. "I commend them for it," Lt. Bob Kroll, president of the Minneapolis Police Federation said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. While Kroll did not know the identities of the four officers, he said they may not be the last to take such a stand. "Others said they heard ...
It appears they were trying to be more diplomatic and not so one-sided on this issue by printing not only the names of the two black victims in Baton Rouge and St. Paul but also printing the Dallas Police Dept. logo below that. But below all that they then had "Black Lives Matter" and that is where these four police working the game felt it went too far.

I do not blame them because if Black Lives Matter is doing any good, it surely is also doing a lot of bad. It is saying and sending unfair, incendiary and harsh messages out about police in general. Nor has this movement strongly condemned some of the actions and chants by those in their movement from previous demonstrations. Until they do that very clearly, they are not to be trusted or honored.

Seeing the shirts, they were not well thought out, in my opinion. I can understand why they walked out.
JERSEYS.JPG

minnesota-lynx.jpg

If people don't want the cops around I think the cops should oblige and all refuse to come to work for a few months.

Then all those protesters would be whining a different tune

That's the greater problem with these "few" bad apples. They always belong to departments that defend their "right" to act despicably.

Any cop that defends the actions of dirty cops is automatically also a dirty cop. It is really that simple.

People go to sporting events to be entertained not preached to.

I don't waste my money watiching any pro sports but if I did and was getting an unwanted dose of political activism I would leave too

Good for them! It's about time police officers stood up for themselves and refused to '”serve and protect” those who demonstrate against them. Let them police themselves!

I feel sorry for anyone who takes their cues from athletes and entertainers on social and political matters. Sadly many people do, which is part of the reason Obozo is president.

Last edited:
Can't say I blame them.

Good for the cops!

This BLM bullshit is being pushed to divide us and we need to stand united as a Law and Order faction to head this package of lies off at the pass.

Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage: analysis

Nobel Prize-winning novelist Toni Morrison says she wants to see an officer shoot an unarmed white teenager in the back before agreeing that the “conversation about race” is over, but she almost certainly already has received her wish.

An analysis released last week shows that more white people died at the hands of law enforcement than those of any other race in the last two years, even as the Justice Department, social-justice groups and media coverage focus on black victims of police force.

“People keep saying, ‘We need to have a conversation about race,’” Ms. Morrison told the (U.K.) Telegraph in an April 19 interview.

“This is the conversation. I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back,” said Ms. Morrison, who also has won the Pulitzer Prize for her work, which includes the bestsellers “Beloved” and “Song of Solomon.” “And I want to see a white man convicted for raping a black woman. Then when you ask me, ‘Is it over?’, I will say yes.”

Her comments reflect a widespread view that blacks are routinely targeted by law enforcement while whites shot by police are a rarity.

Would seem that Toni Morrison got her fucking wish but the media keeps pounding the racist message of BLM.

That's the greater problem with these "few" bad apples. They always belong to departments that defend their "right" to act despicably.

Any cop that defends the actions of dirty cops is automatically also a dirty cop. It is really that simple.
I wonder if your left leaning ass says the same about other groups?

Good.....no reason to support ignorant haters.........of course the one guy they are supporting is a sex offender felon who was carrying an illegal gun...

The new heroes of the black Civil Rights movement....criminals.....who are one of the main reasons blacks are murdered...
You are such a fucking dick. Disgusting.

Castile has no criminal record, a long employment history, and was legally carrying a gun. Without the usual dog whistles, the media had no cause to do a deep dive into Castile’s background or make negative assumptions about how he was raised. Even in the midst of her trauma, Reynolds tells officers, “He’s a good man…he’s never been in jail, anything. He’s not a gang member, anything.” For some, this makes Castile’s fate even more unjust. Whatever narrative media crafted in this case would have to be different.

Castile worked as a cafeteria supervisor in a Montessori school. He was beloved by students, colleagues and parents. He was a friend. A father. He was human. A citizen. He was a passenger in a car being detained for, by police accounts, a broken tail light. And somehow shots were fired and he was fatally wounded.

It matters not what Sterling or Castile did for a living, or where they laid their heads to rest at night, or what kind of clothes they wore.

They were murdered by people that are paid to protect and serve them. They mattered.

Alton Sterling Was a Felon. Philando Castile Was a 'Good Man.' None of That Should Matter.

The 'Haters'. How they tear apart society. A white man, a police officer, kills a black man without reason. Just for the hate in his soul. A black man, kills five police officers who had absolutely nothing to do with the killing of the black man. Simply for the hate in his soul. And the haters on both sides see only, and are happy with, the bodies of the 'enemy'. Would to God that we could cleanse these shriveled and evil minds of the hate that drives them to do these despicable deeds.

The 'Haters'. How they tear apart society. A white man, a police officer, kills a black man without reason. Just for the hate in his soul. A black man, kills five police officers who had absolutely nothing to do with the killing of the black man. Simply for the hate in his soul. And the haters on both sides see only, and are happy with, the bodies of the 'enemy'. Would to God that we could cleanse these shriveled and evil minds of the hate that drives them to do these despicable deeds.

We should not judge. Nor should we kill innocent people. Nor should we imply some white cop pulled the trigger because of the hate in his soul. Nor should we suggest we who are trying to right a bad situation are filled with glee when a black criminal or innocent man is gunned down.

IOW, as long as we are making judgment statements (we should not) I will go forward with mine --- Based on a bevy of your posts, I see either a lot of hate in your soul... or more likely willful manipulation of facts or truths to advance some ideology. Hope I'm wrong.

Good. Let the players pay for all their security out of their own pocket if they want to be political.

Forum List

Back