NFL player posts on Instagram that horrendous picture of cop's throat getting slashed

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
He's apologized, but we obviously now know how he really feels. I'd throw the bum out of the league.

Browns’ Isaiah Crowell apologizes for posting image of cop getting throat cut

Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell apologized Monday for having posted an image of a police officer getting his throat cut on a social-media account. The 23-year-old player deleted the image, but not before it received 33 “likes” on Instagram and began circulating on the Internet.

The drawing in question featured a figure completely covered in black, apart from a stars-and-stripes shoulder holster, slitting the throat of a white policeman, causing blood to spurt from his neck. Crowell added the caption, “Mood: They give polices [sic] all types of weapons and they continually choose to kill us….#Weak.”

Crowell posted the image (per cleveland.com) after incidents last week in Minnesota and Louisiana in which police killed a black man, and before five officers were slain in a mass shooting in Dallas.

It looks to me that he is apologizing because he got some heat over what he posted, not that he truly regrets posting it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he spent the remainder of his life looking over his shoulder. Some cops being dirty doesn't make them all dirty.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. He does know that saying "I'm sorry." is not always enough, right? Words are one thing, but a person's choice of action are a whole other story.

there are a few sites with warnings for the more blood and grotesque images and video can be posted, but popular social media is not the place.

Threats and hate should be reported and removed from open social media sites. Save it for a blog or another forum.

He's apologized, but we obviously now know how he really feels. I'd throw the bum out of the league.

Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell apologized Monday for having posted an image of a police officer getting his throat cut on a social-media account. The 23-year-old player deleted the image, but not before it received 33 “likes” on Instagram and began circulating on the Internet.

The drawing in question featured a figure completely covered in black, apart from a stars-and-stripes shoulder holster, slitting the throat of a white policeman, causing blood to spurt from his neck. Crowell added the caption, “Mood: They give polices [sic] all types of weapons and they continually choose to kill us….#Weak.”

Crowell posted the image (per cleveland.com) after incidents last week in Minnesota and Louisiana in which police killed a black man, and before five officers were slain in a mass shooting in Dallas.

Your link:
"Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell apologized Monday for having posted an image of a police officer getting his throat cut on a social-media account. The 23-year-old player deleted the image, but not before it received 33 “likes” on Instagram and began circulating on the Internet."
Did you ever say anything at 23 you wished you hadn't?
Expulsion seems a little excessive for simply using your First Amendment right.

Your link:
"Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell apologized Monday for having posted an image of a police officer getting his throat cut on a social-media account. The 23-year-old player deleted the image, but not before it received 33 “likes” on Instagram and began circulating on the Internet."

Legally he can say whatever he likes, but that doesn't mean his employer (the NFL) cannot punish him.

The NFL is dependent on law enforcement at every single NFL game, without the presence of officers you can only imagine what could happen with tens of thousands of fans at every game many of which are liquored up, without the presence of security from law enforcement. The NFL needs a good relationship with police all across this country.

Imagine what police officers must feel like when they see this picture now all over the internet.
If I were any of them, I would not be in any hurry to be providing that thin blue line between order and chaos at any upcoming Cleveland Brown games.

magine what police officers must feel like when they see this picture now all over the internet.
If I were any of them, I would not be in any hurry to be providing that thin blue line between order and chaos at any upcoming Cleveland Brown games.
Police officers swear an oath to defend the Constitution, including the First Amendment. I can see why a few officers wouldn't rush to pull Crowell out of a burning building, but they have a responsibility to preserve and protect the general public.

I have trouble understanding why any institution as "patriotic" as the NFL would even consider punishing an employee for exercise free speech.
nfl-week-10-oakland-raiders-at-ny-giants-286eb5bdb70284b2.jpg

magine what police officers must feel like when they see this picture now all over the internet.
Police officers swear an oath to defend the Constitution, including the First Amendment. I can see why a few officers wouldn't rush to pull Crowell out of a burning building, but they have a responsibility to preserve and protect the general public.

I have trouble understanding why any institution as "patriotic" as the NFL would even consider punishing an employee for exercise free speech.
nfl-week-10-oakland-raiders-at-ny-giants-286eb5bdb70284b2.jpg

I'm just saying as an employer, it's what I would do. At the very most a one or two game suspension could happen but not likely.

The NFL or the Browns will likely just scold him and make it clear to him that he better not do anything further like this or there will be much heavier consequences.

Surely there is an NFL player that would post a picture of a black man getting his throat slit just to provide balance.

Your link:
I never called for the death of police officers at 23. Particularly not in a "social" setting when they eyes of the world were watching me do it.

What the fuck are you smoking? If a guy was running around campus yelling "kill all n*ggers", dont you think he should be expelled? What on earth does the second amendment have to do with it? He isnt going to jail, so his rights have not been violated.

Your link:
"Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell apologized Monday for having:D posted an image of a police officer getting his throat cut on a social-media account. The 23-year-old player deleted the image, but not before it received 33 “likes” on Instagram and began circulating on the Internet."
I never called for the death of police officers at 23. Particularly not in a "social" setting when they eyes of the world were watching me do it.
He admitted to making a mistake.
Get over it.
He's already playing his home games in Cleveland:D

Your link:
"Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell apologized Monday for having:D posted an image of a police officer getting his throat cut on a social-media account. The 23-year-old player deleted the image, but not before it received 33 “likes” on Instagram and began circulating on the Internet."
He admitted to making a mistake.
Get over it.
He's already playing his home games in Cleveland:D
That is much more than a "mistake". How ridiculous of you to sum it up that way.

I'm just saying as an employer, it's what I would do. At the very most a one or two game suspension could happen but not likely.

The NFL or the Browns will likely just scold him and make it clear to him that he better not do anything further like this or there will be much heavier consequences.
It's not only bad PR for the Brown's to be associated with terrorist sympathizers, but having bad relations with the police isn't good either. This isn't the first time Crowell has been in trouble with the law.

Cleveland police union head threatens to pull cops from Browns games over Isaiah Crowell's Instagram post
Cleveland's police union president is threatening to tell his officers not to work security at Cleveland Browns games if running back Isaiah Crowell doesn't take his apology over a social media post depicting the death of a police officer further.

The picture isn't a real one, but a drawing. The artist didn't sign their work. The link below shows an uncensored version. This censored one clearly shows an ISIS-terrorist executing a bound, kneeling and helpless police officer. It's exactly what many on USMB have been suggesting is what BLM has become and what several members have advocated. Amirite, Asclepias and paulitician ?

isaiah-crowell-cop-image-071116jpg_z96mbgva3yn01unzacy3ui36c.jpg

NFL PLAYER POSTS Picture Of Cop's Throat Being Slit On Social Media » 100percentfedUp.com

Forum List

Back