Police order canine to rip off man's face for burning trash in barrel (entered home without warrant)

How fucked up is this?

• 11/10 fucked up

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • 10/10 fucked up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9/10 fucked up

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
The suspect was sitting in his arm chair with both hands in the area the whole time on the vid, empty, clearly, while the fire in the trash can was clearly visible out the window.

The cops are in big trouble.

He was ignoring instructions, therefore resisting arrest. No they won't be in trouble. At all.

They forced entry into his home without a warrant.

You put cops before the Constitution.

You're an Oathbreaker.

You're a threat to liberty.

I'm guessing you're a hired Neocon hack based of your post history on USMB or you are a cop defending the blue line.

Really? Do you have an article saying they violated the law? All I see you have is a video you're interpreting through your own ignorant bias.

You're the type that will actually bear arms to defend a tyrannical regime at all costs. You better start learning how to shoot, we'll be meeting on the battlefield sometime this decade.

I will defend the cops when they're right. Most cop hater threads show the cops doing what they're supposed to do, but you whine that somebody got the ass kicking they got coming to them because they resisted. Here, you really need this song:

Whoa whoa whoa hold on a second let's not rush to judgement guys! We need to dissect the victim's background to find anything he may have done wrong in his past. Then we need to ask why he kept the fire going and didn't immediately surrender to the police!

Remember guys police are just people. The victim could have been armed and God knows what else!

Better to mow him down now than take the chance he might commit a crime in the future.

I think we need more information.

Like, did he recently shoplift marshmallows?

Whoa whoa whoa hold on a second let's not rush to judgement guys! We need to dissect the victim's background to find anything he may have done wrong in his past. Then we need to ask why he kept the fire going and didn't immediately surrender to the police!

Remember guys police are just people. The victim could have been armed and God knows what else!

Better to mow him down now than take the chance he might commit a crime in the future.

I think we need more information.

Like, did he recently shoplift marshmallows?
Yup he might've blown up American in 5 years if not for these brave cops! Who knows what he was capable of???

You KNOW the dog was aiming for the jugular, right? Missed and got the face. IF it would have gotten the neck..that guy would be dead.

Police don't always need to have a warrant, especially if they have probable cause. He's alive because he DIDN'T have a firearm.

What was their probable cause? They were called there for a trash can on fire.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

We need to ROLL on this before its too late.

My neighbor (the ultra conservative catholic nutters) recently decided to burn leaves in his yard. As it has in the past, it got away from him, his wife called the volunteer fire department who came and put it out.

Last time this asshole did this, we drove from 200 miles away and were soaking our yard, deck, work out building and home until midnight.

And the final insult? "Not much of a way to show you're a man, was it?".
Like, it takes a man to stand there and watch a dog chew a mans face? Some man HE is, that he needs a dog to do his work.

The suspect was sitting in his arm chair with both hands in the area the whole time on the vid, empty, clearly, while the fire in the trash can was clearly visible out the window.

The cops are in big trouble.

He was ignoring instructions, therefore resisting arrest. No they won't be in trouble. At all.

They forced entry into his home without a warrant.

You put cops before the Constitution.

You're an Oathbreaker.

You're a threat to liberty.

I'm guessing you're a hired Neocon hack based of your post history on USMB or you are a cop defending the blue line.

Really? Do you have an article saying they violated the law? All I see you have is a video you're interpreting through your own ignorant bias.

You're the type that will actually bear arms to defend a tyrannical regime at all costs. You better start learning how to shoot, we'll be meeting on the battlefield sometime this decade.

Weeeeeeeeeeee! Don't let your flabby man tits get in the way!

I love the nutters who cream of doing battle. Especially the youngish, hardly employed ones who could enlist tomorrow......but won't!

That was truly effed up. Teaching dogs to attack a guys face and letting him do so. I wasn't scared of anything but the dog.

From the article....
--------------
The West Jordan Police Department said the video tells an incomplete story. In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Sgt. Dan Roberts said they’d been called to Hoogveldts residence by neighbors who’d felt threatened by him and were concerned about a fire burning in his back yard.

“To protect the neighborhood, they had to go in and secure Mr. Hoogveldt,” he said. “The fire department could not respond to take care of the fires.”

Roberts also said Hoogveldt is well-known to the police department.

“His history included an aggravated assault with a weapon, and another incident in which officers found a knife concealed on his person,” Roberts said.

As for what Sykes identifies as Hoogveldt’s surrender in the video, Roberts says: “He could have easily been hiding another weapon on him.”

The West Jordan Police Department maintains that their officers were in danger and that appropriate force was used to take Lee Hoogveldt into custody.

They say the incident was also captured by at least one other officer’s body camera, but that video will not be released due to the litigation.
---------------

Based on what I saw on the video, it appears he has a good case against the police.But the Judge and/or Jury will decide after viewing ALL of the evidence.

The call was over a small fire in a backyard and they needed multiple officers and a k9 unit to respond?? WTF??

Police had been called to Hoogveldt’s house because a neighbour reported that there was a fire in his back yard.

“To protect the neighborhood, they had to go in and secure Mr. Hoogveldt,” West Jordan Sgt. Dan Robertstold reporters. “The fire department could not respond to take care of the fires.”

However, in the video the cops are heard saying that the fire was nothing, just some stuff burning in a barrel.

Police say that the use of force was justified because Hoogveldt has a criminal record involving weapons.

Sgt. Roberts said that releasing the dog was justified as Hoogveldt “could have easily been hiding a weapon on him.”

In the footage, one officer is heard saying that he “had to look away” when the dog had Hoogveldt by the face. “When he had him on the mouth, I was like ‘oh my ******'” the cop says to his colleague.

Describing the incident, Hoogveldt said “I didn’t dare to move. I put my hands up and froze. If I would have blinked, I thought I was going to get shot.”

A civil rights case will now be heard in Federal Court.

“There’s a right to be free from unlawful entry, under the Fourth Amendment,” Hoogveldt’s attorney Robert Sykes said. “We have a police officer without a warrant, kicking down a door, and going in someone’s home.”

“At the time and place this force was used, there was no justification at all to sic a police dog on somebody.” the attorney added.

Ahhh,,the gestapo at work yet again....

Can't put a fist down the throat when the throat is attached to your mouth and jaw. But the eyeballs could have been gouged....and the dog would have let go.

I don't believe a word of that bullshit in the cops statement. Not. One. Word.

That was truly effed up. Teaching dogs to attack a guys face and letting him do so. I wasn't scared of anything but the dog.
Police dogs are trained to bite extremities, not the face. They're also so well trained that all you have to do is stop and put your hands up and they instantly desist. If you put them back down they attack again. I knew someone who trains these dogs.

This dog? I don't know what was up his ass but he needs to be euthanized.

From the article....
--------------
The West Jordan Police Department said the video tells an incomplete story. In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Sgt. Dan Roberts said they’d been called to Hoogveldts residence by neighbors who’d felt threatened by him and were concerned about a fire burning in his back yard.

“To protect the neighborhood, they had to go in and secure Mr. Hoogveldt,” he said. “The fire department could not respond to take care of the fires.”

“His history included an aggravated assault with a weapon, and another incident in which officers found a knife concealed on his person,” Roberts said.

As for what Sykes identifies as Hoogveldt’s surrender in the video, Roberts says: “He could have easily been hiding another weapon on him.”

The West Jordan Police Department maintains that their officers were in danger and that appropriate force was used to take Lee Hoogveldt into custody.

They say the incident was also captured by at least one other officer’s body camera, but that video will not be released due to the litigation.
---------------

Based on what I saw on the video, it appears he has a good case against the police.But the Judge and/or Jury will decide after viewing ALL of the evidence.
At least one person on that jury will be like me, unable to get past the fact he ignored repeated instructions by the police and set up a chain of events that led to his face turning to kibble.

And this arrest? was for burning without a permit? or polluting? leaving a fire unattended? Harsh!

From the article....
--------------

---------------

At least one person on that jury will be like me, unable to get past the fact he ignored repeated instructions by the police and set up a chain of events that led to his face turning to kibble.

We'll see....

:thup:

Forum List

Back