Justice Department launching $20M body camera program

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
Justice Department launching 20M body camera program - CNNPolitics.com
This is good, but it's not enough. Video evidence is no good if the courts, the DA's and the judges will ignore the evidence like they did with the Eric Garner case. The Justice Department needs to start arresting government employees who help cops cover up and get away with their crimes. That means arresting DA's and judges. It's going to be ugly, but it needs to be done.

The people THINKthey want this, but its going to backfire on them. First of all, your going to find that criminals wont be able to lie anymore, like they did in the Mike Brown case. Secondly, that video footage will have to be put into public records by law, therefore anyone who ever gets arrested might find their arrest video posted on youtube. Say goodbye to your privacy motherfuckers!

Im all for it, but the criminals are going to hate it.

Are you sure it will work? How much of that $20 million goes into some connected contractor's pockets? How about we just demand accountability and a deescalation to police tactics before giving them a new toy to abuse? That's a stupidity!

Are you sure it will work? How much of that $20 million goes into some connected contractor's pockets? How about we just demand accountability and a deescalation to police tactics before giving them a new toy to abuse? That's a stupidity!

all of it goes into someones pockets. and what authority does the DOJ have to give out TAXPAYERS MONIES is what I'd like to know? why do I have to pay for police in some other state or city?

I think body cameras are a good thing. They'll keep the police honest and help convict more criminals.

that being said....I see a rash of body camera "malfunctions"........

I think body cameras are a good thing. They'll keep the police honest and help convict more criminals.

that being said....I see a rash of body camera "malfunctions"........

I don't mind the cameras, but this should be a state thing. and should be voted on if the people who lives there wants to FUND IT

Which company got this contract? Must have had a good lobbyist! A few weeks of videos and we all get in a tizzy and outrage and now the government is in our pockets $20 million deeper and we are all smiles. Now in 5-10 years we will need them on our troops as well, especially our national guardsmen since they are active on our soil to quell riots/disturbances.

Forum List

Back