Police Officer Fired For Donating $25 To Kyle Rittenhouse

The far side Trumpers do not seem to realize that responsibilities come with rights.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Police need to clean up their act.

This is step in the right direction.

Fascist and damned proud of it, huh Brown Shirt?

...wtf?

My God you're a simpleton.

Threats and intimidation to silence your opposition. You people are Nazis

He is still free to post and talk about his support for the accused murderer isn't he?

If he feels his rights were violated by his former employer he is entitled to his day in court. Making nobody a fascist.

You mean other than you, Marc and Tutu who want him fired for disagreeing with you

As terms of my employment I agree not to denigrate the company in online forums, written, or any official communication. I understood that if I violated the terms I could be terminated.

Defining his company as every police force in the country is dubious, but what I didn't ask what's in your employment agreement, I asked what's in his.

If he violated it, I'm behind firing him. But so far you leftists just keep stating it is with no evidence.

And yet again, OBVIOUSLY this standard for you would clearly not apply if he were on the left

It’s acceptable because the fascists are in total control of the country.

Yep, the city manager in Brooklyn Center was fired for merely mentioning due process and one of the city council members admitted she did so out of fear.

And then this from the shit-head mayor of Brooklyn Center.

If it is so bad in America for blacks then fucking emigrate.

Floyd and Wright both had criminal records...didn't they ?
Is DEATH ON SIGHT the proscribed punishment for having a criminal record?
What about Ashly Babbit? What was her criminal record?

Probably coming in through the broken window even after being told not to!!
MAGA

So what? A lieutenant is supposed to be a position of leadership and authority. And he goes and donates to the defense of a young man who not only took the law into his own hands, he went looking to kill someone.
Seems like an appropriate punishment. He should never be allowed to carry a badge and gun again.

I'll say it one more time. You have the right to say or do anything you want on your own time. However, that does not mean your employer can't fire
you if it makes them look bad.

Wait are you saying employers have a right to fire people over their lawful actions on their own time? Do you also think employers have a right to full access of the private lives of their employees, texts messages, social media post, where they go and what they do and who they associate with?

Yes. Regardless of your opinion, your actions reflect on the company you work for whether they are performed in or away from work. There's no written law that says an employer can't fire you if you make them look bad. IE..bad publicity, affect company income or profits, cause them to lose customers. In fact, just the opposite. They can terminate you for just about anything for any reason. You can thank Republicans for that. :)

Exactly.

The republicans have pushed the "right to work" laws since the 1980s.

An employer can fire anyone for nearly, not all, any reason.

The republicans were warned about their right to work laws but didn't listen.

Just has they didn't listen to so many warnings of the consequences of their laws and policies.

Now, they whine about it.

Personally I believe that what a person does on their own time is not any business of their employer. I don't agree with that person's donations but I also don't think he should have been fired for donating his own money to whatever legal cause or entity he wants.

But then, I never supported those right to work laws.

So what? A lieutenant is supposed to be a position of leadership and authority. And he goes and donates to the defense of a young man who not only took the law into his own hands, he went looking to kill someone.
Seems like an appropriate punishment. He should never be allowed to carry a badge and gun again.

I'll say it one more time. You have the right to say or do anything you want on your own time. However, that does not mean your employer can't fire

Wait are you saying employers have a right to fire people over their lawful actions on their own time? Do you also think employers have a right to full access of the private lives of their employees, texts messages, social media post, where they go and what they do and who they associate with?

Yes. Regardless of your opinion, your actions reflect on the company you work for whether they are performed in or away from work. There's no written law that says an employer can't fire you if you make them look bad. IE..bad publicity, affect company income or profits, cause them to lose customers. In fact, just the opposite. They can terminate you for just about anything for any reason. You can thank Republicans for that. :)

Exactly.

The republicans have pushed the "right to work" laws since the 1980s.

An employer can fire anyone for nearly, not all, any reason.

The republicans were warned about their right to work laws but didn't listen.

Just has they didn't listen to so many warnings of the consequences of their laws and policies.

Now, they whine about it.

Personally I believe that what a person does on their own time is not any business of their employer. I don't agree with that person's donations but I also don't think he should have been fired for donating his own money to whatever legal cause or entity he wants.

But then, I never supported those right to work laws.
What do you care, Pinochijoe pays you to stay home in your facediapers.

Communism on full display in Norfolk, Va. What's next?

What does firing a police officer have to do with the government owning and controlling the means of economic production?

That would be nothing.

People like the one you replied to have no clue what the word communism means.

It's an economic system. Nothing more.

That person also fails to acknowledge that the right to work laws the republicans have pushed on our nation since the 80s makes it possible for an employer to fire a person for nearly, not all, any reason.

It's very childish and short sighted to not listen to good advice when given yet a lot of people do just that. Then whine about the consequences of their choices and blame it on everyone else.

Communism on full display in Norfolk, Va. What's next?

What does firing a police officer have to do with the government owning and controlling the means of economic production?

That would be nothing.

People like the one you replied to have no clue what the word communism means.

It's an economic system. Nothing more.

That person also fails to acknowledge that the right to work laws the republicans have pushed on our nation since the 80s makes it possible for an employer to fire a person for nearly, not all, any reason.

It's very childish and short sighted to not listen to good advice when given yet a lot of people do just that. Then whine about the consequences of their choices and blame it on everyone else.
An expert whiner lectures on whining

I don't think it was the donation that got him fired but his comment.

"God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank and file police officer supports you," the message continued. "Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership."

Thank you for posting that.

I didn't know he had said that.

A police officer who believes that should find a different line of work.

You don't have free speech in a job.
56lzkh.jpg

So was George Floyd, guess they should have just shot him on sight and the whole thing would have been fine by your standards.
When the convicted murderer Chauvin began kneeling on the victim, Floyd's, neck for almost 10 minutes straight he was not in the process of committing a crime.

Another proven, partisan, Republican liar.

Floyd had committed several crimes that day, crimes worse than trespass, he deserved to be shot, no questions asked, according to your words. Why can't you own what you say?
No, he did not but you sound dangerous.

But MarcATL doesn't??? :cuckoo:
MarcATL? No. You? Yes.,
Explain the difference, if you even know what we're talking about to begin with.

I don't think it was the donation that got him fired but his comment.

"God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank and file police officer supports you," the message continued. "Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership."

Thank you for posting that.

I didn't know he had said that.

A police officer who believes that should find a different line of work.

And you would not know he said that if the guardian hadn't taken hacked information and published it.

But to the left this is O.K.

Along with reporters showing up on the doors of people who gave $10 donations they expected to be protected.

Not that they need to be protected. There is absolutely nothing wrong with donating to his defense.

But the reporter wanted the other side of the story.

WHAT STORY ?

Someone should have turned a garden hose on the reporter to get him out of there.

And yet you support ass clown sports players that kneel during the National Anthem and piss on our flag. They make our nation look bad.

You leftists just can't help but fall flat on your faces without putting on display your epic hypocrisy.

No they don't. I've talked to a lot of veterans who tell me they are not at all offended by black men kneeling for the national anthem. It's what they fought and sacrificed their lives for.
You, like the rest of the right wing, have tried to equate the fight for social justice...and the fact that there are two justice systems in this country with disrespect for the flag and veterans.
You're just gobbling up the red meat and pablum your right wing media outlets and politicians are throwing you....further proof you are largely incapable of thinking for yourselves.

I'm a veteran.

I have no problem with athletes or anyone taking a knee during the anthem.

That is one of the purposes of the military. To preserve freedom.

What the people like the one you're replying to are doing is trying to use the military as an excuse to take people's freedom from them.

Speaking as a person who was in the military and am a veteran, the people who have persecuted those who did take a knee are the people who are insulting and spitting on mine and every other American's service to our constitution, our people and our nation.

There has to be more to the story. I can't believe he would not be able to sue and clean up after this.

It seems the Guardian was the one who traced the e-mails back to the donators.

This is acceptable....why ?

Because it might give someone the idea that a police officer could be biased about enforcing the law.

If you can't show he actually practiced bias, why would you even care.

So was George Floyd, guess they should have just shot him on sight and the whole thing would have been fine by your standards.
When the convicted murderer Chauvin began kneeling on the victim, Floyd's, neck for almost 10 minutes straight he was not in the process of committing a crime.

Another proven, partisan, Republican liar.

Floyd had committed several crimes that day, crimes worse than trespass, he deserved to be shot, no questions asked, according to your words. Why can't you own what you say?
No, he did not but you sound dangerous.

But MarcATL doesn't??? :cuckoo:
MarcATL? No. You? Yes.,
Explain the difference, if you even know what we're talking about to begin with.
... because you talk about things the which you don't have a clue. Anybody who supports Floyd being shot because he tried to pass a $20 bill is stupendously an idiot.

Forum List

Back