police: i will light you up... Video shows how traffic stop escalated into confrontation

the only thing being , ignored, and/or in denial about is the number of Americans being victimized by people that aren't supposed to be here

Every law enforcement agency in this country needs to instruct its officers to stop attempting to manhandle citizens – the incidents in Staten Island, Baltimore, and this occurrence near Houston all involved police attempting to compel detainees to comply through inappropriate, unnecessary physical force; and every incident involved some petty, insignificant infraction where attempting to take the citizen into custody was completely unwarranted.

a bad attitude is not arrestable last time i checked....
Well, she had a bad attitude AND she was arrested, so I guess you should "check" more frequently.

Link to the Texas "bad attitude" statute please?

Oh wait, we just did this with Dajeeria Becton. Nobody found it then either.
So she wasn't arrested then?

Nope.

And back to this case -- how many times have you been ordered out of the car, tased, had your head slammed into the ground and tossed in the klink for not using a turn signal to change lanes?

a bad attitude is not arrestable last time i checked....
Well, she had a bad attitude AND she was arrested, so I guess you should "check" more frequently.

Link to the Texas "bad attitude" statute please?

Oh wait, we just did this with Dajeeria Becton. Nobody found it then either.
So she wasn't arrested then?
The arrest was unwarranted, inappropriate, and not consistent with professional police conduct, that's the point – this nonsense goes on far too often.

Every law enforcement agency in this country needs to instruct its officers to stop attempting to manhandle citizens – the incidents in Staten Island, Baltimore, and this occurrence near Houston all involved police attempting to compel detainees to comply through inappropriate, unnecessary physical force; and every incident involved some petty, insignificant infraction where attempting to take the citizen into custody was completely unwarranted.

The mentality has grown like a cancer. On the cars it still says "to protect and serve" yet way too many still seem to read it as "to project and vanquish".

The mentality has grown like a cancer. On the cars it still says "to protect and serve" yet way too many still seem to read it as "to project and vanquish".

judging by this^^^^ lame post the left is running out of clever bumper-sticker memes for their phony indignation

would you hang your self over some rude treatment by cops? especially if you know you might have a ca$e to make some money?

she had problems; and you losers are using her tortured soul as a political pawn

be as phony outraged as you want to be; the low ones here are you left-wing panderers

She had a bad attitude which ultimately led to her arrest.
There is no legal requirement to have a good attitude when stopped for a traffic violation. She didn't behave abusively toward the cop -- and I'd like to know why the cop found it necessary to order her to put her cigarette out.

Then being an attention whore, she committed suicide.

No great loss to the gene pool. ..... :cool:
But once this incident makes it through the civil courts there will be a relatively great loss to the taxpayers -- as are all similar incidents. That cop pulled Bland over to issue a traffic summons. He should have done that and went on his way, but his authoritarian ego couldn't tolerate her "uppity" attitude.

The ignorant sonofabitch should be summarily fired with zero benefits and no pension and let that be a lesson to others with the same Gestapo orientation.

Being a twat. He went to get a warning signed, she escalated it.
He went to get a warning signed, or to issue a summons -- and to have his ass kissed. When he came up against a resentful attitude, which cops enforcing traffic regulations should expect, his authoritarian ego took over.

Is there a law against smoking?

Is there a law against smoking in one's car?

Is there a law against smoking in one's car when some cop with an inflated ego has pulled one over and is about to issue a warning or a summons?

If not, can we say this cop initiated and escalated what has become a major issue? The simple fact is too many cops with inflated authoritarian egos have created a situation in America that has reached the boiling point. They've gone too far and the chickens are coming home to roost. Whether this babe killed herself or she was murdered (unlikely) the shit is on the fan and it all could have been avoided if that idiot cop had enough sense to understand this is a new day.

Probably because your cracker ass would have signed the fucking warning ticket and the entire situation would have been over. It's not a black vs white thing you moron. She refused the warning and kept escalating.[/QUOTE]
Are you certain of that?

What I heard on the video is the cop asking her to put her cigarette out -- which in itself seems out of line. She refused to comply, which I believe she had a right to -- because I would have. In response to that the cop then ordered her out of her car. When she refused to get out he became progressively enraged, menacing, and excessive in his actions.

The fact that he's been suspended should tell you something about the bottom line in this incident.

She made a lane change without signaling.

She was also driving while being black..........................

The cop pulled her over (for a traffic ticket, not a criminal charge) because he said she changed lanes without signaling.

The cop also saw her smoking a cigarette, and decided that she needed to put it out (probably because he thought he was losing authority in the situation), and told her to do so.

She told him that she could smoke because she was in her own car (which is true).

He then told her to get out (because he was pissed and knew that she could smoke in her own car).

She refused, and he threatened to taser her unless she got out of the car.

She got out, was arrested and later killed by bigoted assholes in Texas.

Cops are just people with a badge and a gun, and a job to do.
The problem is too many cops expect civilians to respond submissively to them under any and all circumstances. When someone doesn't respond that way, the authoritarian cop will seek to punish rather than avoid escalating to confrontation.

They don't need to take attitude from idiots with an axe to grind.
No. They can behave the way this authoritarian yokel did, which got him suspended and created a shit storm.

Acting civil with them goes a long way and is appreciated. ..... :cool:
Sometimes one is just not in the mood for being harassed for some minor bullshit -- and a cop should not expect submissive response from everyone all the time.

Good boy. You sound like the type of sycophant they want to pull over and appease their ego. People with backbones dont just do what people tell them to do without a reason.
Cops are just people with a badge and a gun, and a job to do.

They don't need to take attitude from idiots with an axe to grind.

Acting civil with them goes a long way and is appreciated. ..... :cool:
Fuck a cop. If they give me attitude they will get one. If they cant do their job with professionalism they need to find new employment outside of the public sector.

Forum List

Back