Police Body Camera Footage Proves George Floyd Was Not "Murdered"

I don't see how that's relevant.

The restraint was taken too far in this case at least how I see the events.

And don't forget the restraint only has to be proven to be a proximate cause in the death.

That's why I think it will wind up being a manslaughter conviction
what would you have done?

At what point?
after he kicked his way out of the squad car. He was kicking like a fish out of water.

I have said this all along.
If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

Manslaughter still applies.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.

He would of never died except for the person punching him.
You don't know that. Just like you don't know if Floyd would have died if his neck wasn't compressed by a knee

I imagine not he would not be dead due to his tolerance level. He wasn't dead before the incident was he.

He'd just taken the drugs so they wouldnt find them,in other words eating the evidence.
Drugs dont act immediately,they take time.
yeah like minutes. Doh!!

If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.

You don't know that. Just like you don't know if Floyd would have died if his neck wasn't compressed by a knee

I imagine not he would not be dead due to his tolerance level. He wasn't dead before the incident was he.

He'd just taken the drugs so they wouldnt find them,in other words eating the evidence.

And it cannot be proven that Floyd would have died if he wasn't restrained in the manner he was.

That type of supposition isn't allowed in a courtroom.

As far as the law goes what Floyd did isn't really the issue. The issue is whether or not Chauvin's knee to Floyd's neck was a proximate cause of death.
no, it is standard protocol for cops. you have to prove his techniques was out of bounds to the training received. can you?

And it cannot be proven that Floyd would have died if he wasn't restrained in the manner he was.

you have to prove that the restraint killed him. can you?

And don't forget the restraint only has to be proven to be a proximate cause in the death.

At what point?
after he kicked his way out of the squad car. He was kicking like a fish out of water.

I don't think the issue was that any force was used to subdue Floyd. It's whether or not that force was applied in a manner that made it a proximate cause to his death.

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

He had three times the lethal dose of fentanly in his system.

you have to prove that the restraint killed him. can you?
No you don't you only have to prove it was one of the things in the chain of events that led to his death.

Hence the term proximate.

That's why I don't think a conviction for murder will be rendered. I think it will be manslaughter.

At what point?

I don't think the issue was that any force was used to subdue Floyd. It's whether or not that force was applied in a manner that made it a proximate cause to his death.
well they can't use the can't breathe piece because Floyd was saying that before he ever left his vehicle. People keep pointing to the handcuffs, while the 220 pound guy was kicking the shit out of the cops. too fking funny. got to watch the video.

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

Seriously? The "incident" you refer to includes him ingesting a lethal amount of drugs, Penny! The reason that he couldn't breathe when he was standing up is that's a symptom of an overdose of the drug he had in his system! Unless you have some way of proving that the Police on scene should have known he was overdosing on that drug...you don't have a murder case.
If he had a lethal amount of drugs that could cause overdosing he would not have been standing and able to struggle like they said he did. He stopped breathing because a knee was on his neck constricting oxygen and blood flow. Simple murder conviction no matter how the defense tries to spin it. The 20-page report also indicates that Floyd had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system at the time of his death, although the drugs are not listed as the cause. Independent examiner hired by the Floyd family; report listed the cause of death as "asphyxiation from sustained pressure."

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

He had three times the lethal dose of fentanly in his system.

Lethal dose for who?

The fact is you do not know with any measure of certainty if he would have died if he was not restrained as he was. I don't know how many times I have to say that the restraint only needs to be found as a proximate cause of death.

That is supposition and any statement of such would be objected to and that objection would be sustained.

No you don't you only have to prove it was one of the things in the chain of events that led to his death.

Hence the term proximate.

That's why I don't think a conviction for murder will be rendered. I think it will be manslaughter.
like handing the stolen pack of cigarettes to the two clerks that asked floyd for it back. let's start there. all could have been avoided. Floyd escalated, only Floyd, no one else.

At what point?

well they can't use the can't breathe piece because Floyd was saying that before he ever left his vehicle. People keep pointing to the handcuffs, while the 220 pound guy was kicking the shit out of the cops. too fking funny. got to watch the video.
He was prone on the ground for a long time before he died.

If he had a lethal amount of drugs that could cause overdosing he would not have been standing and able to struggle like they said he did.
you know how 220 pound people behave after ingesting drugs? just checking, what is your experience? I have a few in my life, and I can tell you people on drugs are much much stronger than they are when they are straight. So please, enlighten me in your experience.

At what point?

He was prone on the ground for a long time before he died.
he wasn't dead when he was put on the stretcher. so you're wrong. They pronounced him dead at the hospital. And, the cops were constantly checking his pulse. so that is all a fallacy as well. The body cameras don't lie.

Maybe if we were not such a violent nation both police officers and citizens would not be so frightened for there life's anytime there was a situation with witnesses.

Floyd died partly because he lied to the police. He was asked if he was on something. He said no. Had he told the truth the whole incident would have been handled differently.

Most people die from covid with preexisting conditions but they still died of covid.

No, they die from those pre-existing conditions. The deaths only get counted as COVID because there's a political agenda that depends on fearmongering based on grotesque exaggerations and outright lies about COVID.

They wouldn't died if not for contracting corvid, would they of?
Could there be a comparison of irresponsible sex and unborn babies being aborted numbering a million a year? If they just didn't have the sex they would not have had the abortions.

I have changed my mind about the George Floyd case, after watching several hours of Derek Chauvin's trial, and especially after watching the previously unreleased police body-camera footage of the incident.

I do not believe that Chauvin committed second-degree murder. I think he committed manslaughter. I would need several pages to fully explain the reasons for my view. Here are a few points that capture the main reasons:

* Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

* The officers did not pin Floyd on the ground until after he strongly resisted being put into the police car and after he then pushed his way out of the car and came out the other side of the car. Only at that point did the officers pin him on the ground.

* Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

* The officers may have doubted Floyd's claim that he could not breathe because he started making this claim long before he was pinned on the ground and at a time when he clearly could breathe, as the officers pointed out to him.

* Floyd's autopsy report proves that he was heavily under the influence of drugs during the incident. This could explain his irrational behavior.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put this knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

And, just for the record, George Floyd was neither a "gentle person" nor "a good father"; he was a violent thug with a long rap sheet:

Two Sides To Every Story: George Floyd And Derek Chauvin – Stateline Network EXTRA

Not even manslaughter. There were no signs of asphyxia according to the autopsy.

Chauvin is innocent.

Well, having a grown man put his knee on the back of his neck for 9 minutes surely played some role in his death, or at least so one would think.

Forum List

Back