Police Arrest Father for Playing Ball with 6 Year Old Daughter

I wish I could go fishing in my state. I know of no better way to socially distance than to be alone on a bass boat on the lake fishing. But my state like many others is in a state of emergency and all the parks and waterways are closed. We are under a stay a home order, which has many many exceptions, but using public parks is not one of them.

I can understand the other side of this issue. If cops, wardens, park rangers, etc start allowing people to use the lakes and parks, then some people will congregate unsafely just as they were before the parks were closed. I then to keep away from people anyway. Not everyone is that way.
oh for fk sake.
Either the park is closed or it is not closed. If the cop has been ordered to enforce the park being closed, then what is he to do when people are in the park?
This is yet another example of why we have the 2nd Amendment. This is government.
A gunfight with police over using a "closed" park during a declared emergency? OMG!!!!!!
does the park pose a threat to someone?
It does when you pull a gun on a cop for telling you to leave a closed park. I hope you would not really do that. Hopefully you live far from other people so that you and government rarely cross paths.
No shock Democrats fully support fascism. Enjoy your family arrested for the upcoming permanent laws that no more than 2 people can be within 6 feet of each other.

I took an oath to uphold the US Constitution, and while I no longer hold those duties, I consider my oath still in place. Many of our political leaders and servants are enjoying their new fascist powers.

Okay I have 2 conflicting views on this. For the last 8 or so years we have been telling black people they shouldn't challenge law enforcement, so while I think this guy should have been allowed to enjoy the park arguing with LE was were he screwed up.

I wish I could go fishing in my state. I know of no better way to socially distance than to be alone on a bass boat on the lake fishing. But my state like many others is in a state of emergency and all the parks and waterways are closed. We are under a stay a home order, which has many many exceptions, but using public parks is not one of them.

I can understand the other side of this issue. If cops, wardens, park rangers, etc start allowing people to use the lakes and parks, then some people will congregate unsafely just as they were before the parks were closed. I then to keep away from people anyway. Not everyone is that way.
oh for fk sake.
Either the park is closed or it is not closed. If the cop has been ordered to enforce the park being closed, then what is he to do when people are in the park?
This is yet another example of why we have the 2nd Amendment. This is government.
A gunfight with police over using a "closed" park during a declared emergency? OMG!!!!!!
It does when you pull a gun on a cop for telling you to leave a closed park. I hope you would not really do that. Hopefully you live far from other people so that you and government rarely cross paths.
No shock Democrats fully support fascism. Enjoy your family arrested for the upcoming permanent laws that no more than 2 people can be within 6 feet of each other.
Take it up with the gov or Trump, not with the cops.

oh for fk sake.

Exactly if you read the link he admitted knowing the park was closed, so why the heck is a former Cop breaking the rules and being snooty to police in front of his daughter?

He never said he park was closed. He said the police told him the park was closed. I read another article where his lawyer was arguing the park was not closed, but rather had signs enforcing social distancing.

Based on this article the park was open. If this is true, the cops were in the wrong.

The sign at Donelson Park said “Closed” but in smaller print reads, “in groups of no more than 4 persons, parks remain open for walking, hiking, biking, running and similar activities.”

oh for fk sake.
Take it up with the gov or Trump, not with the cops.
Cops are the government, who took an oath to uphold the Constitution.

You
I don't have a beef with the cop that is simply doing his job. If you don't like the park being closed, then take it up with the governor or mayor that ordered the park closed.

The cop gave the man a lawful order, backed up by a declared state of emergency and most likely a stay at home order and park closer order by the state's Governor. Cops cannot maintain authority if they simply let people defy such lawful orders. If the guy playing in the park is really an ex cop, then he should understand that......then again, maybe that is why he is an EX Cop.
You seem to be assuming facts not in evidence. #1 the park being closed when I think it was indeed open.
That's typical of you asshole looney lefties. And this is why you have zero credibility everytime you open your traps.

Little Hitlers will continue to emerge so long as there is a "crisis" to give them cover.

In time they'll go. But not quickly. Not easily. Not willingly.

Not at all unless an aroused populous removes them by any means necessary.

Locate the nearest lamp post; stock up on piano wire and Google images of Mussolini.

Some positive aspects of the incident taken from the report...

Mooney said his 6-year-old daughter was scared to see her father placed in handcuffs, but said she learned a valuable lesson.

"She's learned that our constitutional rights are something worth standing up for," Mooney said. "She got to witness a violation of civil rights. She got to witness an unlawful order by the police."

In a statement, the Brighton Police Department said it was "deeply sorry" for the incident and is conducting an internal investigation.

oh for fk sake.
830c7d267815cac7761b81bd3647.jpeg

And
A legal remedy is called for. Brighton will have to pay for the cop's idiotic misplaced zeal.
And hopefully they'll help make up the difference by eliminating them from the payroll.
There's nothing more damaging to law and order than a crooked outta control cop, DA, judge or other public official who's job it is to maintain law and order.

I wonder if them cops can be arrested for getting to close too that man and his family.

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. If they don't want other people in the game, why do they take the time to show us all how it is played?

I wonder if them cops can be arrested for getting to close too that man and his family.

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. If they don't want other people in the game, why do they take the time to show us all how it is played?
well the question really is if the man was with his daughter he violated no social distancing protocols, she lives with him. so exactly why would a cop need to do anything, just because the park is supposedly closed? oh for fk sake we have immigration laws and he ain't rounding illegals up on the streets. this is an overreach like the entire thing is.

On another note, we can't question the citizenship of illegals but can ask for papers for being out in public by citizens? WTF is wrong with the elites? just listen and learn what is what. jail birds getting let out for burglaries and people going in for not social distancing? I want to see the statute on that one.

I took an oath to uphold the US Constitution, and while I no longer hold those duties, I consider my oath still in place. Many of our political leaders and servants are enjoying their new fascist powers.

He did what he was not supposed to do. He paid the price.

He did what he was not supposed to do. He paid the price.
no, he was supposed to uphold the constitution, he didn't. you're confused yet again. No mayor rights law, so the mere fact is, the mayor is illegal in any action, as is the mayor of chicago for telling liquor stores they can't sell liquor after nine. she has no authority. They have a liquor license and that would have to go in front of a judge. prohibition is over. Time for the populous to start waving the fickle finger of fate. they gonna be many lawsuits at the end of this me thinks,

Forum List

Back