Polar vortex fragmentation

Down here in Florida it's been getting down in the high 30s at night and I am about to freeze my ass off. Can't even imagine weather that cold.

We're going to have highs under 20 (-11 C) this week in Central Europe. So much for global warming.
I was wondering how many posts it would be before someone said that.

This is a direct result of global warming, as counterintuitive as that seems.

Yes. For those with an education above a can of beans, the science has been explained many times over many years, as to why that is. Not to mention the oil companies have been exposed to know exactly what the science is, as far back as the 1950's.

All deniers should be forced to live in super fund clean up sites, and have to drink their water from coal ash ponds. I'm sure their thinking could be adjusted fairly quickly.

We're going to have highs under 20 (-11 C) this week in Central Europe. So much for global warming.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point out that absurdity..
Wanna learn, or you wanna stay ignorant and make fun?
Why don't you look up the coldest Historic Temp. for your State for this month?

I just did. . . I found out mine was in 1934. -54 F So. . Your supposition is apparently wrong.

Try again.

The internet really makes things super easy, instead of arguing, just look it up.
What supposition is that?

Where did I say it had never been colder here?

You're a fucking brainwashed idiot.
Same question I asked the other guy: you wanna learn or you wanna remain ignorant and make fun?
You can't teach anyone anything. You're fucking retarded.

I'm the weather expert here, not you.

Yes. For those with an education above a can of beans, the science has been explained many times over many years, as to why that is. Not to mention the oil companies have been exposed to know exactly what the science is, as far back as the 1950's.

All deniers should be forced to live in super fund clean up sites, and have to drink their water from coal ash ponds. I'm sure their thinking could be adjusted fairly quickly.
Yes, squirrels and drunks are freezing solid in the forests and streets of America, Europe and Asia at this very moment because of global warming.

It's very complicated.

Down here in Florida it's been getting down in the high 30s at night and I am about to freeze my ass off. Can't even imagine weather that cold.
Ages ago when I was but a wee laddie we lived in Mississippi about 30 mikes off the gulf coast. We thought we were freezing at 50°.

It sucks. The expended forecast here in south central kansas has our highest temperature for the next ten days at 24°, and don't even get me started on the night time lows. And of course it's snowing as well. Usually a snowfall here in Kansas is followed by a warm up the next day or so, so snow stays on the ground for 1-2 days. Not this one.

Anywho, anyone else getting the same kinda crap?
Still -18 here this morning with expected highs this week barely hitting 0. Along the Canadian border a couple hours north windchills were -50 overnight.

You're a fucking brainwashed idiot.
Same question I asked the other guy: you wanna learn or you wanna remain ignorant and make fun?
You can't teach anyone anything. You're fucking retarded.

I'm the weather expert here, not you.
Lol @ you being and expert on anything.

Yes, squirrels and drunks are freezing solid in the forests and streets of America, Europe and Asia at this very moment because of global warming.

It's very complicated.
Yes, they are and it's not complicated at all.

One more time, do you wanna know why or do you prefer to stay stupid?

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point out that absurdity..

I just did. . . I found out mine was in 1934. -54 F So. . Your supposition is apparently wrong.

Try again.

The internet really makes things super easy, instead of arguing, just look it up.

What does this cold snap have to do with global warming exactly?

Try again.

Great question! I'm glad you asked!

What's happening here is a fragmentation of the polar vortex.

The polar vortex is a reservoir of very frigid air usually kept in place over the pole by the jet stream. The jet stream, as I'm sure you all know is a fast moving river of air that roughly circles the pole. The stream is drive by temperature differences between the polar air and the more temperate air to the south.

Now recently the globe has been warming, but it's not warming evenly. The poles are heating up much faster than the temperate zones, so there's less temperature differential between the two air masses that generate the jet stream. That makes the stream slower, and being slower makes it tend to wander or sometimes even break off chunks of arctic air.

A is how a normal polar vortex looks, and it gets progressively more fragmented as you move on through D.

atypical-polar-vortex.png

Feel free to ask questions or comment.

Thanks for reading.

This is because of global warming you know.
And it is.

Once again, you wanna know why or do you prefer to remain uneducated?
Yes please, I'd very much like to know why we're all freezing out asses off all over the Northern Hemisphere without to tired bullshit this time. My guess is because it's stupidly cold, but I'm sure you have another explanation.

Try again.

Good question. The more you know.

Try again.

The polar vortex is a reservoir of very frigid air usually kept in place over the pole by the jet stream. The jet stream, as I'm sure you all know is a fast moving river of air that roughly circles the pole. The stream is drive by temperature differences between the polar air and the more temperate air to the south.

Now recently the globe has been warming, but it's not warming evenly. The poles are heating up much faster than the temperate zones, so there's less temperature differential between the two air masses that generate the jet stream. That makes the stream slower, and being slower makes it tend to wander or sometimes even break off chunks of arctic air.

A is how a normal polar vortex looks, and it gets progressively more fragmented as you move on through D.

View attachment 454262

Thanks for reading.
Yes, but you see that it is cold at lower latitudes everywhere, not just where the stupid teardrop is. In other words it's not fragmented. Just an idiotic attempt in this case.

Try again.

View attachment 454262

Thanks for reading.
If this were, indeed true, than you should have historic low temperatures right now.

Did you look up to see what the historic low temperature in your area is, or are you just swallowing this propaganda?

I am talking about confirming through empiricism here.

Well as long as the polar vortex fragmentation does not reach me then I am good. IF it does then I still have my heavy duty ( real deal) parka. I actually wore it this year when we had some snow that built up on the roof. The next day it melted and left a snow drift right in front of garage door. Actually had to shovel snow again and I thought that I had gotten away from that scene. Wore my parka and the neighbors looking at me as if they never seen an eskimo.

They would yell "Is it cold out here?"

I look at them and smile, "Is it cold, I'm feeling mighty toasty right now".

Try again.

View attachment 454262

Thanks for reading.
And stealing a couple thousand dollars a year from people earning fifty grand a year with kids is going to fix this.

Try again.

View attachment 454262

Thanks for reading.
Yes, but you see that it is cold at lower latitudes everywhere, not just where the stupid teardrop is. In other words it's not fragmented. Just an idiotic attempt in this case.
The teardrop is a representation, not an actual weather map.

Here's yer teardrop.

Screenshot_20210207-121718.png

Forum List

Back