Polar Ice Melting Is Proof of Manmade Climate Change

what is a fact in all of what you posted?
That atmospheric CO2 and methane are increasing. That the Earth is warming. That the world's ice is melting. That sea level is rising. That our albedo is falling. And, that you are an ignorant troll.

That atmospheric CO2 and methane are increasing. That the Earth is warming. That the world's ice is melting. That sea level is rising. That our albedo is falling. And, that you are an ignorant troll.
Let's start with the fact that ice is melting, again, Chicago was under a mile thick ice sheet. Didn't it melt? Do you believe that melt was due to humans on increasing temperatures?

CO2 evidence of warming you have not ever supplied. CO2 trails temperature increases. FACT!!

That the Earth is warming.
Where is the earth warming?

That sea level is rising
Where is sea level rising?

That our albedo is falling.
Where?

Let's start with the fact that ice is melting, again, Chicago was under a mile thick ice sheet. Didn't it melt? Do you believe that melt was due to humans on increasing temperatures?

CO2 evidence of warming you have not ever supplied. CO2 trails temperature increases. FACT!!

Where is the earth warming?

Where is sea level rising?

Where?
You asked for facts. I gave you facts. You're still an ignorant troll.

The Left hate science and are too stupid to think and use basic logic.

Red Planet Heats Up: Ice Age Ending on Mars​

And if by chance anyone is interested in science and not being a submissive sheeple to Greta:

The Little Ice Age was a period of regionally cold conditions between roughly AD 1300 and 1850. Since then the earth has been warming back up and the accumulated ice built up over that time period has been melting.

Holy Moly!

Earth based CO2 is warming Mars?!!!!

In all of our planet's history, global temperatures have been rising and falling long before homo sapiens arrived on the scene. Sometimes the polar regions were ice-free and at other times the entire planet was covered with ice more than once and subsequently unfroze, all without the human factor. So do not tell me the melting polar caps is proof of man-made climate change/global warming, that is bullshit. I suspect that many if not most scientists with any knowledge of the subject area would likely say that human activity could be a factor in current CC/GW but how much of a factor is open to debate and is UNKNOWN. Which is not to say humanity ought not to be concerned with the environment, but we need to be smart about it rather than running around with our hair on fire screaming that we're all gonna die in 10 years.

In all of our planet's history, global temperatures have been rising and falling long before homo sapiens arrived on the scene. Sometimes the polar regions were ice-free and at other times the entire planet was covered with ice more than once and subsequently unfroze, all without the human factor. So do not tell me the melting polar caps is proof of man-made climate change/global warming, that is bullshit. I suspect that many if not most scientists with any knowledge of the subject area would likely say that human activity could be a factor in current CC/GW but how much of a factor is open to debate and is UNKNOWN. Which is not to say humanity ought not to be concerned with the environment, but we need to be smart about it rather than running around with our hair on fire screaming that we're all gonna die in 10 years.
The planet's temperature does not change without cause. At the moment, the natural causes that have driven climate change in the past are working to make the planet COOLER. Yet it is getting warmer. Simultaneously, human emissions from the combustion of fossil fuels have pushed atmospheric levels of CO2 to values not seen in two million years. Scientists have examined the many factors that can push our temperatures up and down and their consistent results are that the primary factor increasing our temperature is the greenhouse effect acting on increased levels of CO2. Multiple studies have shown that almost every molecule of CO2 added to the atmosphere since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution came from the combustion of fossil fuel.

I would not say that the melting of the poles is proof of manmade climate change. For one thing, as I've said here repeatedly, there are no proofs in the natural sciences. It is certainly evidence that the planet is warming. But our thermometers had already told us that. What it does show is that what AGW deniers have claimed is a trivial or irrelevant temperature change can have large, dramatic and threatening consequences.

The planet's temperature does not change without cause. At the moment, the natural causes that have driven climate change in the past are working to make the planet COOLER. Yet it is getting warmer. Simultaneously, human emissions from the combustion of fossil fuels have pushed atmospheric levels of CO2 to values not seen in two million years. Scientists have examined the many factors that can push our temperatures up and down and their consistent results are that the primary factor increasing our temperature is the greenhouse effect acting on increased levels of CO2. Multiple studies have shown that almost every molecule of CO2 added to the atmosphere since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution came from the combustion of fossil fuel.

I would not say that the melting of the poles is proof of manmade climate change. For one thing, as I've said here repeatedly, there are no proofs in the natural sciences. It is certainly evidence that the planet is warming. But our thermometers had already told us that. What it does show is that what AGW deniers have claimed is a trivial or irrelevant temperature change can have large, dramatic and threatening consequences.
Have you noticed that H2O is wayyyy up?

Quite obviously, the target temperature is that extant before AGW. But we won't get their for centuries. Makes it a little pointless to think about. And the rhetorical nature of your query DOES make you sound like a denier. Are you?

PS, I am curious what you found amusing in my last post where you posted a laughing emoji.
So what was that average global temperature in degrees Fahrenheit? You have no clue as neither does anyone else.

Allow me to explain in small words.

Global warming started in about 1850 when the Industrial Revolution dramatically increased the burning of fossil fuels (coal and petroleum). That burning took carbon dioxide (CO2) that had been sequestered (trapped) in the ground and put it in the atmosphere.

When light from the sun shines on the surface of the Earth, it is absorbed there and warms the planet. The warm planet radiates away its heat as infrared light (IR). CO2 absorbs IR and slows its escape to space. On a planet with no CO2 in the atmosphere, that radiated IR would escape directly to space. If the Earth had no gases absorbing IR, the temperature would be almost 50 Fahrenheit degrees colder than it is. Instead, that warmed CO2 reradiates its energy as more IR which usually gets reabsorbed by other CO2 molecules and also transfers some of its thermal energy to other gases in the air as well as to the land and the ocean through direct conduction (contact). The IR energy eventually ends up either back in the Earth itself, or finally escapes to space. The more CO2 there is in the atmosphere, the longer it takes that IR to escape and the warmer the Earth will become.

From the time of the first appearance of humans 200,000 years ago till the Industrial Revolution, humans have lived on a planet with 280 ppm (parts per million) of CO2. CO2 released by burning coal and oil have now raised that value to 420 ppm. That additional CO2 in the atmosphere has caused the planet to warm significantly with more to come even if we were to immediately stop putting out CO2. That warming is having lots of different harmful effects that hurt plants and animals and humans in a variety of ways.

In a perfect example of the American Way, it has been proposed that businesses will do the best job of reducing and eliminating greenhouse gas emissions if we simply encourage them to move in that direction and then let them find their own means of doing so. That is the purpose of a carbon tax.

Questions?
How do you explain the warming on Mars? With 95% of it's atmosphere being CO2, it should be nice and toasty. Hint: It is not.

CO2 is heating and it is transferring that heat to everything else in the atmosphere and to the surfaces of the Earth and its oceans. The temperature prior to anthropogenic global warming is shown here. Those values on the vertical scale are changes from the 20th century average temperature of the planet which was 15.6C or 60.1F.

View attachment 702680
Your chart shows a temperature change of 1.25 degree Centigrade in 175 years. It my lifetime, it is less than 1 degree Centigrade. That's statistically insignificant.

You might not have a clue, but the rest of us know that it's approximately 57 degrees Fahrenheit
There's really no such thing as an average global temperature. Let me know when sea level rise materially changes as there is no better proxy today for temperature than that.

There's really no such thing as an average global temperature. Let me know when sea level rise materially changes as there is no better proxy today for temperature than that.
The real problem talking with you - and it IS classic Dunning-Kruger - is that you don't seem to be the least bit aware of what you do not know. There is no single proxy that gives all the answers and you're a fool to think so.

Forum List

Back