Plumber Finds Trove Of Cash, Checks Hidden In joel osteen’s Church, Site Of 2014 Burglary

It's very weird.

Why hide the money in a wall?

And why hide checks?

It doesn't make much sense.
key words.....insurance scam. If they reported a burglary on on police record, they could file insurance claim for the loss. Checks are traceable and explains why they were hidden. you can't deposit them without a red flag of being stolen. Cash can't really be traced unless someone keeps records of all serial numbers......normally that doesn't happen, unless huge bills (like $500 or $1,000 bill or higher) $100 & below are not.... usually are easily spent or used. That's why the cash is weird, if it is an insurance scam on Joel's part.

If the checks are traced back to the burglary he's going to be hard pressed to blame anyone else because he's (and/or the 'Church') are the only ones to benefit from the scam.....a janitor or secretary or other employee wouldn't.

This is very strange. What is all that doing in the walls of that church?

What is a church doing with 600 thousand dollars lying around to be stolen?

I don't know about the Jesus some people were taught about but the one I learned about said that all people with money and property should sell it and give the money to the poor. He also said that a camel has more chance to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man has to get into heaven.

I guess osteen never read the book of Matthew.

Anyway how did those envelopes get into that wall, who put them there and how long have they been there?

Say, if you should sell everything you have and give it all to the poor, doesn't that put you next on rotation?

What do you say to your kids when you've sold the cloths and shelter off their backs? Comes around goes around?

I don't know.

It would be interesting to find out when the building was built.

If he bought it from someone the envelopes could have been there for a very long time.

If he built that building then someone in the church put them there.

There were checks with the money. The dates on the checks will tell a lot of the story. Along with who wrote the checks and on what bank.
Lakewood Church. Former site of The Summit, then Compaq Center. A sports arena where the NBA team Houston Rockets played.

key words.....insurance scam. If they reported a burglary on on police record, they could file insurance claim for the loss. Checks are traceable and explains why they were hidden. you can't deposit them without a red flag of being stolen. Cash can't really be traced unless someone keeps records of all serial numbers......normally that doesn't happen, unless huge bills (like $500 or $1,000 bill or higher) $100 & below are not.... usually are easily spent or used. That's why the cash is weird, if it is an insurance scam on Joel's part.

If the checks are traced back to the burglary he's going to be hard pressed to blame anyone else because he's (and/or the 'Church') are the only ones to benefit from the scam.....a janitor or secretary or other employee wouldn't.

I would think that they would have destroyed checks they claimed were stolen in a burglary. Just shows how stupid some people are.

As for the cash. Why report it stolen and then keep it in the wall?

A person would think they would have put it in some off shore account out of the eyes of insurance companies.

Or spent it.

It doesn't make sense to report money stolen when it wasn't then hide it in the wall of where they claimed it was stolen.

The whole thing is very strange to me.

Say, if you should sell everything you have and give it all to the poor, doesn't that put you next on rotation?

What do you say to your kids when you've sold the cloths and shelter off their backs? Comes around goes around?

Ask a christian.

I'm not christian anymore but was a very devout Christian at one time in my life.

I know what's in the Bible. I know that if anyone has read the book of Matthew they know that Jesus wasn't about riches and all about those who don't have anything. That this so called "preacher" isn't very christian. At least not the type of christianity that Jesus talked about.

I do know that Jesus wasn't talking about leaving yourself destitute and your children with clothes and food.

The only reason why you take things to an extreme is to invalidate Jesus' teachings.

Jesus didn't do that.

Try it on someone else. That stupid extremist ploy doesn't work with me.

I would think that they would have destroyed checks they claimed were stolen in a burglary. Just shows how stupid some people are.

As for the cash. Why report it stolen and then keep it in the wall?

A person would think they would have put it in some off shore account out of the eyes of insurance companies.

Or spent it.

It doesn't make sense to report money stolen when it wasn't then hide it in the wall of where they claimed it was stolen.

The whole thing is very strange to me.
Maybe we'll find out when the investigation is over.

Ask a christian.

I'm not christian anymore but was a very devout Christian at one time in my life.

I know what's in the Bible. I know that if anyone has read the book of Matthew they know that Jesus wasn't about riches and all about those who don't have anything. That this so called "preacher" isn't very christian. At least not the type of christianity that Jesus talked about.

I do know that Jesus wasn't talking about leaving yourself destitute and your children with clothes and food.

The only reason why you take things to an extreme is to invalidate Jesus' teachings.

Jesus didn't do that.

Try it on someone else. That stupid extremist ploy doesn't work with me.
I agree with what you said here. Jesus said many drastic things for emphasis, and not as the precise literal intent. Such as, if your eye is your trouble, gouge it out. But your “devout Christian” remark is interesting. That’s quite a leap. Of course “devout christian” can have many different meanings.

Thank you.

That money and those checks can date back to before that building became a church.

The dates on the checks and money will tell some of the story.
And who they are made out to...

Forum List

Back