Plumber Finds Trove Of Cash, Checks Hidden In joel osteen’s Church, Site Of 2014 Burglary

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is very strange. What is all that doing in the walls of that church?

What is a church doing with 600 thousand dollars lying around to be stolen?

I don't know about the Jesus some people were taught about but the one I learned about said that all people with money and property should sell it and give the money to the poor. He also said that a camel has more chance to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man has to get into heaven.

I guess osteen never read the book of Matthew.

Anyway how did those envelopes get into that wall, who put them there and how long have they been there?

I don't know about the Jesus some people were taught about but the one I learned about said that all people with money and property should sell it and give the money to the poor. He also said that a camel has more chance to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man has to get into heaven.

Anyway how did those envelopes get into that wall, who put them there and how long have they been there?

Sounds to me like the burglary was an inside job.

Well, the dates on the checks should clear up the question of whether the stash is the same as what was stolen those many years ago. Further, the checks are "stale-dated" now and could not be cashed. Presumably the donors issued new checks when they learned about the theft.

As for the cash, looks like a windfall, depending on how it is resolved with the insurance company that covered the loss.

A blessing on the plumber. It would have been very easy to pocket some cash and turn in the rest.

Immediately reminded me of the 2nd verse of this classic song by Charlie Daniels:

Someone inside the Osteen org. had to have been the thief from the 2014 burglary and hid the cash there, and no one else in the church knew of it. Can’t think of any other scenario, esp. with Joel Osteen involved. No one in his position and fame would fake a burglary.

As far as being very wealthy goes, it is not an absolute death sentence (because we Catholics are all about purgatory), but I would error on the side of caution and divest of all appearances of opulence.

Olsteen is a slimeball, always has been. Wonder if he knew about it?

I don't know.

It would be interesting to find out when the building was built.

If he bought it from someone the envelopes could have been there for a very long time.

If he built that building then someone in the church put them there.

There were checks with the money. The dates on the checks will tell a lot of the story. Along with who wrote the checks and on what bank.

Well, the dates on the checks should clear up the question of whether the stash is the same as what was stolen those many years ago. Further, the checks are "stale-dated" now and could not be cashed. Presumably the donors issued new checks when they learned about the theft.

As for the cash, looks like a windfall, depending on how it is resolved with the insurance company that covered the loss.

A blessing on the plumber. It would have been very easy to pocket some cash and turn in the rest.
How do you know he didn't? Did someone search his "plumbers crack"

No, that's not what it says........it's not the money anyone has, but the love of it that causes the problem.

He did read The King and the Duke.
You keep the faith boys, I'll keep the money. Come in spinner.

No, that's not what it says........it's not the money anyone has, but the love of it that causes the problem.
True, but they often go together. Jesus said you cannot serve two masters, God or mammon. My guess is that 65% of us Americans will be judged severely on that as well.

Like every other " evangelist" Joel is mega rich making promises of eternal life for a 10% cut of your annual income . Barnum was right !!
I go back and fourth on the whole evangelist thing; If its your money...do what you want with it...

As for the Osteens... His old man was an evangelist way back in the day. They had a farily modest church on Wayside Drive in Houston. After John (I think his name was John) died, Joel took over and they moved the church to what used to be a basketball arena called "The Summit" where the Rockets used to play. Was such a move really necessary if you're mission is to clothe the indigent, feed the needy, comfort the inflicted and inflict the comfortable? Nope!

As many of those shysters do.

It'll be interesting to see if this is all part of an insurance scam, though kinda weird to include the cash, but possible I guess

It's very weird.

Why hide the money in a wall?

And why hide checks?

It doesn't make much sense.

Forum List

Back