Pleasantville, if you'd ever seen that movie. The conservatives in that movie are a perfect reflection of today's so-called conservatives absolutely r

If you ever get a chance to watch the show it just shows the demonstrates how ridiculous today's Republicans are paranoid creating enemies delusional bleeding all kinds of lies and a psychopath for a leader.
We don’t need to “create enemies”, we’ve got Marxist loving Democrats who openly admit they want to destroy our society.

Today's conservatives like characters in a 1950's sit-com? You gotta be kidding. Today's conservatives are more like victims in Orwell's "1984", hunted down and imprisoned for minor crimes and sometimes executed by the federal police.

Les Miserables comes to mind. A French citizen is relentlessly hunted down by the police for stealing a loaf of bread. Today mom and pop demonstrators who may or may not be guilty of criminal trespass are relentlessly hunted down by the federal police and imprisoned without trial.

Yes she was the exception everyone else became free for the first time in their lives.

Pleasantville, if you'd ever seen that movie. The conservatives in that movie are perfect perfection of today's so-called conservatives. Totally ridiculous and unrealistic. It's one of my favorite movies one of the greatest movies ever made. Enjoy and learn.
If you let movies do your thinking for you, not much thinking gets done.

If you let movies do your thinking for you, not much thinking gets done.
Not as a rule but when they demonstrate a good example of something they're good to refer to. Pleasantville took conservatism to an extreme where nothing changed, where life was boring, were people existed but did not live. That's why I said in another thread conservatism is the basics, where liberalism is the icing on the cake, the creativity, the innovation everything that makes life better.

It’s the perfect example of what liberal Hollywood thinks is what Republicans are like. It’s funny how Hollywood the industry that likes to lecture so much about the evils of stereotyping people engages in it so much in the movies and Tv shows they make.

When you watch Pleasantville, you can tell it's the work of liberals who want to paint the 1950s as bad, but it backfires because many of us dream of those days.

Pleasantville, if you'd ever seen that movie. The conservatives in that movie are perfect perfection of today's so-called conservatives. Totally ridiculous and unrealistic. It's one of my favorite movies one of the greatest movies ever made. Enjoy and learn.

And if you ever saw 1984 then you see a perfect example of what liberals are shooting for.

See, I can take a fictional movie created for entertainment purposes that purely personifies a stereotype about a certain group and say "look how smart I am for connecting 2 dots".

The only difference is my example is a bit more accurate with the mandates and censorship. Meanwhile your example is pretty much just people who love america and Americans values and don't like change to those values because it leads the sequel movie 1984.

It’s the perfect example of what liberal Hollywood thinks is what Republicans are like. It’s funny how Hollywood the industry that likes to lecture so much about the evils of stereotyping people engages in it so much in the movies and Tv shows they make.
It was a parody, I'm sorry that's beyond your comprehension.

It was a parody, I'm sorry that's beyond your comprehension.
I’m well aware of what that movie was my point is Hollywood has a very set way in how they portray people in regards to their social and political views. Liberals are generally portrayed as nobel intelligent people who show respect to all and conservatives as dumb bigoted rubes who hate and fear anyone different. Sorry this went over your head but can’t say I’m surprised.

I’m well aware of what that movie was my point is Hollywood has a very set way in how they portray people in regards to their social and political views. Liberals are generally portrayed as nobel intelligent people who show respect to all and conservatives as dumb bigoted rubes who hate and fear anyone different. Sorry this went over your head but can’t say I’m surprised.
A parody makes its point by over exaggeration of features, true conservatives just like true liberals are neither bad nor good they are they are both necessary in society. It's the extremes that are bad.

A parody makes its point by over exaggeration of features, true conservatives just like true liberals are neither bad nor good they are they are both necessary in society. It's the extremes that are bad.
Yes they are bad most liberals are not AOC squad types and most conservatives are not Majorie Taylor Green types. My point in regards to Hollywood is they almost always portray conservatives as the crazy extremists while hardly ever portraying liberals that way when as you point out most liberals and conservatives are not like that.

Yes they are bad most liberals are not AOC squad types and most conservatives are not Majorie Taylor Green types. My point in regards to Hollywood is they almost always portray conservatives as the crazy extremists while hardly ever portraying liberals that way when as you point out most liberals and conservatives are not like that.
I see that to a degree but not as much as you do. All action all war most serious dramas do not portray conservatives in a bad light.

Forum List

Back